drank Vanilla Oolong by Adagio Teas

Sipdown no. 85 of the year 2014. I managed no other sipdowns today and I have nothing decaf that is in sipdown range except my Vanilla Comoro sample which I am hoarding. That sipdown strategy I was making fun of myself for considering the other day doesn’t sound so crazy now as I now find myself with only caffeinated options. Oolongs are, I think, lower in caffeine than black and green at least. Let’s hope it doesn’t keep me up all night.

I’m not sorry to see this go. I don’t think it’s Adagio’s fault. I suspect that vanilla is a flavor that my taste buds have decided isn’t meant to be paired with oolong. Flavored oolong seems an iffy thing to me anyway. With the exception of the Golden Moon caramel, the ones I’ve preferred have been fruit flavors, and tart fruit seem to me to work best with both whites and oolongs.

Although if anyone out there in Steepster land has a favorite vanilla oolong, I could be persuaded to give another brand a try at some point when I come out of lock down.

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; likely to become a favorite, will likely buy more

50-59 Okay or run of the mill

Below 50 So-so, iffy, would definitely pass
or ick. The lower the number, the closer to ick.

Bay Area, California