Very strong cinnamon smell from the packet and a blend full of small bits of what appears to be stick cinnamon. After steeping, the cinnamon aroma is sweet and reminiscent of red hot candies, but at the same time there’s a sort of a woody fragrance that is pleasant.

Wow. The tea is very sweetly cinnamon-y, very reminiscent of the Harney Hot Cinnamon Spice—but because it is decaf, with a bit less heft. I haven’t tried the Harney decaf version of the Hot Cinnamon Spice, but I should. I suspect there’s not a need to stock both that and this, but I don’t know how the Harney measures up as a decaf.

This, however, is quite flavorful and in a very good way. As decafs go, it’s better than most I’ve tried. There is hardly any tea flavor that I can discern, but what it lacks in tea flavor it more than makes up for in sweet cinnamon. The tea isn’t the reason to drink this, as it isn’t the reason to drink the Harney Hot Cinnamon Spice.

It gets high marks from me for a decaf. The only reason I’m not rating it a bit higher is I’d like to taste more tea even in a decaf.

Flavors: Cinnamon

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 17 OZ / 500 ML

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; likely to become a favorite, will likely buy more

50-59 Okay or run of the mill

Below 50 So-so, iffy, would definitely pass
or ick. The lower the number, the closer to ick.

Bay Area, California