I have been craving black dessert teas lately. Particularly caramel/vanilla types, for some reason. At first I really wanted to make a cup of Dammann’s Caramel-Toffee, but then I decided to have a cup of this because I just bought some and I’ve only had it once before.

I orginally wasn’t going to order more of this right now, particularly because I do have the Dammann Caramel, which I love. But that is very toffee, and my first note on this says that I found it to be more dulce de leche. Different caramels are different! So obviously I needed both.

Ok, so I overleafed this cup a bit. Well, it was still delicious, just edging a hair toward astringent. Anyway, I do feel like the vanilla in this is mellowing the caramel to a caramel creme type thing, versus chewy caramel candy or further to toffee. So I do have to edges of the spectrum. This is also a less buttery caramel, but again, more creaminess. Glad to have both, and hopefully I won’t power through either of them too fast.

caile

This sounds so delicious!

Comments

caile

This sounds so delicious!

In my free time I am a birder, baker, and music/movie/tv addict.

Here are my rating categories, FYI:
100-90: I’m in LOVE with these teas.
84-80: Tasty teas that I enjoy, but definitely won’t rebuy when I run out.
49 and below: Mega yuck. This tea is just disgusting to me.

Ohio, US