drank Genmaicha by Butiki Teas

Sipdown (204/207)!

Very tasty cup of Genmaicha that I had with dinner last night, so thank you again Kittenna for the sample. By the time I got to the last bit at the bottom of the mug, it was tasting pretty bitter, though.

It was very neat trying Butiki’s take on Genmaicha but I’m not too sad to see it depart my cupboard since I have so much Genmaicha as it is.

VariaTEA

What is the best genmaicha you had so far?

Roswell Strange

The Japon, by far. But as far as straight/unflavoured Genmaicha goes probably the DAVIDsTEA version just because the green tea is especially drowned out. I like McQuarrie’s Tea & Coffee Merchant’s version too though, that one tastes a little more green but it never gets bitter.

VariaTEA

Haha we definitely agree on our favorite genmaicha. Also, I am on the second season of bones and it was a super intense episode including Hodgins and Bones. Not as much work has been done this weekend because of this show and I am blaming you for that :P.

Roswell Strange

How are you feeling about Cam so far? AND IT’S A GREAT SHOW. I’m watching Season 9 right now – or trying to anyway, the episodes aren’t loading very well on the laptop. But I’ve been sporadically watching old episodes when he’s on it. I watched the first four in season 2 last night. Don’t want to spoil anything, but it’s nice watching old episodes with Zack.

VariaTEA

So far I am pretty indifferent about Cam. Also, I may have accidentally found out the big reveal about Zach which makes me sad because I imagine it would have been much more fun to find out through the show.

K S

I never understood the whole Zach thing. It was too left field for me.

Butiki Teas

If you enjoy more of the toasty rice notes, I have a brewing recommendation for you. Not sure if you have tried this yet but using boiling water and steeping only for 1 minute, really brings out the toasty rice notes.

Comments

VariaTEA

What is the best genmaicha you had so far?

K S

I never understood the whole Zach thing. It was too left field for me.

Butiki Teas

Hello;

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:
Lemongrass, ginger/“Chai” in general, raisins, overly vegetal, chamomile

Saskatoon, SK, Canada