drank Genmaicha by Butiki Teas

Sipdown (204/207)!

Very tasty cup of Genmaicha that I had with dinner last night, so thank you again Kittenna for the sample. By the time I got to the last bit at the bottom of the mug, it was tasting pretty bitter, though.

It was very neat trying Butiki’s take on Genmaicha but I’m not too sad to see it depart my cupboard since I have so much Genmaicha as it is.

VariaTEA

What is the best genmaicha you had so far?

Roswell Strange

The Japon, by far. But as far as straight/unflavoured Genmaicha goes probably the DAVIDsTEA version just because the green tea is especially drowned out. I like McQuarrie’s Tea & Coffee Merchant’s version too though, that one tastes a little more green but it never gets bitter.

VariaTEA

Haha we definitely agree on our favorite genmaicha. Also, I am on the second season of bones and it was a super intense episode including Hodgins and Bones. Not as much work has been done this weekend because of this show and I am blaming you for that :P.

Roswell Strange

How are you feeling about Cam so far? AND IT’S A GREAT SHOW. I’m watching Season 9 right now – or trying to anyway, the episodes aren’t loading very well on the laptop. But I’ve been sporadically watching old episodes when he’s on it. I watched the first four in season 2 last night. Don’t want to spoil anything, but it’s nice watching old episodes with Zack.

VariaTEA

So far I am pretty indifferent about Cam. Also, I may have accidentally found out the big reveal about Zach which makes me sad because I imagine it would have been much more fun to find out through the show.

K S

I never understood the whole Zach thing. It was too left field for me.

Butiki Teas

If you enjoy more of the toasty rice notes, I have a brewing recommendation for you. Not sure if you have tried this yet but using boiling water and steeping only for 1 minute, really brings out the toasty rice notes.

Comments

VariaTEA

What is the best genmaicha you had so far?

K S

I never understood the whole Zach thing. It was too left field for me.

Butiki Teas

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually nearly two years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

Currently, I’m in the process of getting certified as a Tea Sommelier; if you’re interested in hearing more about that give me a shout because I’ve found the process to be really informative as well as quiet fun!

Typically I drink flavoured blends more that straight but one of my mini goals this year is to get that ratio to a more 50/50 level. I do a daily cold brew, and have at least (but usually a lot more) two hot cups of tea every day. Naturally I lean towards black or white blends and as of late oolongs but I WILL drink everything; the last half year or so I’ve been challenging myself by further exploring Oolong and Pu’Erh which are the tea types I know the least about overall.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:

I’ve got four Tea Pets:

Two Pixiu Dragons named Zak and Wheezie, a monkey named Enzo, and a carp named Gyarados. If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

I also have one real life pet:

A skinny pig hairless guinea pig named Eilert, after Henrik Ibsen’s play Hedda Gabler. He’s pretty chill, but a greedy little fella who’ll rip food right out of your hands. Sometimes he joins me for tea time even though he never gets to participate.

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada