drank Genmaicha by Butiki Teas

Sipdown (204/207)!

Very tasty cup of Genmaicha that I had with dinner last night, so thank you again Kittenna for the sample. By the time I got to the last bit at the bottom of the mug, it was tasting pretty bitter, though.

It was very neat trying Butiki’s take on Genmaicha but I’m not too sad to see it depart my cupboard since I have so much Genmaicha as it is.

VariaTEA

What is the best genmaicha you had so far?

Roswell Strange

The Japon, by far. But as far as straight/unflavoured Genmaicha goes probably the DAVIDsTEA version just because the green tea is especially drowned out. I like McQuarrie’s Tea & Coffee Merchant’s version too though, that one tastes a little more green but it never gets bitter.

VariaTEA

Haha we definitely agree on our favorite genmaicha. Also, I am on the second season of bones and it was a super intense episode including Hodgins and Bones. Not as much work has been done this weekend because of this show and I am blaming you for that :P.

Roswell Strange

How are you feeling about Cam so far? AND IT’S A GREAT SHOW. I’m watching Season 9 right now – or trying to anyway, the episodes aren’t loading very well on the laptop. But I’ve been sporadically watching old episodes when he’s on it. I watched the first four in season 2 last night. Don’t want to spoil anything, but it’s nice watching old episodes with Zack.

VariaTEA

So far I am pretty indifferent about Cam. Also, I may have accidentally found out the big reveal about Zach which makes me sad because I imagine it would have been much more fun to find out through the show.

K S

I never understood the whole Zach thing. It was too left field for me.

Butiki Teas

If you enjoy more of the toasty rice notes, I have a brewing recommendation for you. Not sure if you have tried this yet but using boiling water and steeping only for 1 minute, really brings out the toasty rice notes.

Comments

VariaTEA

What is the best genmaicha you had so far?

K S

I never understood the whole Zach thing. It was too left field for me.

Butiki Teas

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually three(ish) years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC trained Tea Sommelier!

My Goal for The New Year (2017) is to make time for at least one long, proper Gong Fu session every week because it’s something I deeply enjoy doing but struggle to make time for…

My default for preparation is Western Style with zero additive. The exception to this is matcha which I drink in straight milk with no additives. So unless I mention otherwise you can assume that I’ve prepared my tea Western style without added ingredients/sweeteners.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:
Lemongrass, ginger/“Chai” in general, overly vegetal or marine, chamomile, sometimes mango or peach

Currently exploring/looking to try: Straight Pu’Erh or Dark/Roasted Oolong, Sweet Potato flavoured blends or straight teas with strong sweet potato notes, and anything with Goji berries

Tea Pet Reference Guide:

Clay Pixiu Dragons: Zak & Wheezie
Clay Monkey: Enzo
Ruyao Carp: Splashy
Ceramic Rabbit: Rupert
Ceramic Horse: Bergamot

If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

I also have two real life pets:

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada