Sipdown (190/194)!

From VariaTEA. I know she’s a fan so I was really hoping to like this one but I’m finding myself kind of fighting to finish off the cup. It smelled really yummy too, so that just kind of adds to the disappointment.

I’m getting a lot of bitterness in the cup and it’s really hard to push through it, though when I do I get fleeting notes of strawberry. The one redeeming quality is that the bitterness doesn’t hang around in the aftertaste but there is a faint vanilla creaminess sort of like a Campino that does linger and that makes fighting through the cup at least somewhat worth it.

Oh well; one less in my cupboard and I’m thankful to VariaTEA for sharing and for the chance to try something I likely wouldn’t not have picked out for myself.

EDIT: Hmm, I seem to be the only one to have experienced such extreme bitterness. I’m confidant I didn’t oversteep though – I was very diligent about the time after how long I let Checkmate sit unattended today…

VariaTEA

Oh no. Damn HI base must have taken over. I have been really lucky with this blend but I know their base can be pretty overpowering and not very good. I am sorry it was a bad experience. You should dump it and move on! Too much tea to waste your time with 35s :P

OMGsrsly

I totally get bitterness and blech from their base. I really wanted to love their teas, so it was a huge disappointment.

Plunkybug

Oh no! Should it be called Strawberry Injustice then?

Comments

VariaTEA

OMGsrsly

Plunkybug

Oh no! Should it be called Strawberry Injustice then?

Hello;

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Saskatoon, SK, Canada