drank Kenyan Black by Justea

SSTTB: Pick #18

More exploration of straight blacks. I’m not really sure how many Kenyan ones I’ve had but this smelled kinda chocolatey and that seemed pretty promising. I feel like I was so terribly wrong though!

Never have I ever experienced such strong and in your face raisin notes in a tea! Not grape but foul, disgusting raisins. ICK ICK ICK! Not for me. Eww. Yuck. Like, there were other elements in here; some chocolate, some malt, a little citrus maybe? But they couldn’t even come close to negating the nastiness of this one.

I guess I wont rate it because I have a severe aversion to raisin stuff to begin with so my rating would be heavily biased but if I was going to rate it I suppose it’d be something along the lines of a 10? Noooooo! Not a raisin fan. Barf.

Flavors: Chocolate, Citrus, Malt, Raisins

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

It’s good to see someone so passionate about raisins in the right way, haha!

It’s good to see someone so passionate about raisins in the right way, haha!

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

Not that long ago I began the process of getting certified as a Tea Sommelier; if you’re interested in hearing more about that give me a shout because I’ve found the process to be really informative as well as quiet fun!

Typically I drink flavoured blends more that straight but one of my mini goals this year is to get that ratio to a more 50/50 level. I do a daily cold brew, and have at least (but usually a lot more) two hot cups of tea every day. Naturally I lean towards black or white blends and as of late oolongs but I WILL drink everything; the last half year or so I’ve been challenging myself by further exploring Oolong and Pu’Erh which are the tea types I know the least about overall.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada