Neapolitan Honeybush

Honeybush Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by 52teas

• “Another foray into honeybush courtesy of *Mercuryhime*! Steeped, this smells a bit like that characteristic 52teas smell. With maybe a hint of cream and/or strawberry. Oh wow though, the...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2221 tasting notes
  • “Thanks to *Amanda* and *tattooed_tea* for the samples. I combined what I had left of my samples for a cold brew. This is really good cold brewed as well. I am getting chocolate most of all,...” Read full tasting note
    tigress_al 767 tasting notes
  • “We just had a very bizarre power outage - I came home to no electricity! - but thankfully everything is now fixed thanks to some long hours from the power company - at 8 pm we shouted "Let there be...” Read full tasting note
    JacquelineM 1112 tasting notes
  • “I drank this last night. A friend and I have started reading the horrible published fanfiction that is 50 Shades of Grey and just laughing ourselves silly over how horrible it is. Oh man. I think I...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1195 tasting notes

From 52teas

It’s starting to warm up, so I hope you will forgive me if I got sidetracked thinking about ice cream, but wow, is this GOOD!

Our caffeine-free African Honeybush (If you are still not familiar with honeybush, it is very similar to Rooibos, but a bit sweeter and without the woody aftertaste that rooibos frequently has) blended with organic vanilla beans, organic cacao nibs, freeze-dried strawberry pieces and all natural flavors. This is a real treat hot or iced!

About 52teas View company

This is a tasty, comforting, and fun tea.

It gets an A++ from the boyfriend. He said he wanted something “classic” but when I mentioned I had this it was the only option. His sentiments about it were summed up in a simple statement: “it really tastes like ice cream!” Indeed it does. It has the milky swirling-together of the flavours, and a creamy feel. I also added a touch of half-and-half.

I think I officially like honeybush. I don’t know what it tastes like on its own, but it’s worked marvelously in these blends.

Tasting strawberry, chocolate and a touch of vanilla with creamy notes to it all. This is good but think this would be even better iced!

Ninth tea sampled from TTB-C

This tea tasted like honeybush mostly. I like honeybush, so no complaints there, but I didn’t taste anything resembling chocolate or vanilla. After several sips, I almost got hints of strawberry, but it may have been my imagination.

I’d like to assume that the flavors in this tea were sharper when it was new, but as it is now, it’s just a sweet honeybush tea. oh well.

Neapolitan is my favorite ice cream!!!! Not sure how it translates into tea. Interesting, but not ice cream, at least not to my taste buds. I also don’t think this was balanced for me between the chocolate/strawberry/vanilla, I thought the strawberry overpowered the other two flavors. I was expecting it to be creamy, I just kept thinking that ice cream is creamy, I ended up adding some milk to get that effect. I’m being really negative, and honestly is wasn’t BAD, just not what I was hoping for. I’m going to try and cold steep some of it and see how that goes. For now I think it was just ok.

Edit: 3 tsp of this tea in a mason jar of water in the fridge for 20 hours does not equal a good iced tea. I even tried adding milk and sweetener trying to do a fake iced latte. Nope, I don’t like this cold.

Backlogging from yesterday. This is a nice tea, but nothing really stood out to be about it. The chocolate and strawberry flavors were nice, but the honeybush tasted a little bit medicinal. Not bad, I’m just not sure if honeybush is my favorite base for an “ice creamy” tea.

Dec.24
I get hints of all 3 flavors but I really don’t get the ice cream feel from this tea. I’m really not a rooibos fan. Its an ok tea but just wasn’t fantastic for me.

LiberTEAS

Dan – I found that if you steep this a longer period of time, the ice cream-ish flavor really comes through.

Dan

I’ll try longer, thanks

Very nice, never drank an aromatized honeybush tea that delicious. Perfect tea for the kinda cold weather outside this morning! Its really, as it says, neapolitan ice-cream ;)

Tea #10 from Traveling Tea Box C

Another backlog.

This reminded me a lot of melted ice cream or perhaps even the freeze-dried ice cream that gets marketed as astronaut food. Perhaps I’m too traditional, but drinking a melted cup of ice cream is not something I’d prefer to do regularly. However, I have to give Frank a bit of credit for creating such an interesting blend.

I could definitely taste the chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry. The chocolate flavors were the first I detected, while the strawberry took awhile to make an appearance. I personally love honeybush, so while I’d never seek this blend out again, I am very happy to have had the opportunity to try it out.

I have had this tea several times now and have tried different temps and steeping times, but I just can’t seem to get the hang of it. It is okay, but I am not getting amazing. I can taste a little chocolate and a little strawberry if I sweeten it. And there is that dry mouth feeling like I get with rooibos after each sip. I think I need to face the fact that this tea is not for me and move on. :(

This came as a free sample with an order of some 52teas iced teas.

The tea itself smells like straight cocoa nibs, and honestly looks like it too – I’m not sure why I was expecting to see all three Neapolitan colors, but I was vaguely (and irrationally) disappointed not to. Threw it in the ingenuitea and poured boiling water over it and the tea released a deliciously sweet scent. Not overpowering by any means, but definitely noticeable.

The liquor was as dark as expected from the leaves, but I was pleasantly surprised to find the tea doesn’t taste as purely chocolate as the appearance had me expecting. In fact, all three flavors are distinctly present! This is an impressive blend just for that; now, flavor wizardry aside, I can’t say I’d order a bag of this on its own. But it’s really cool to be able to detect all three parts separately and equally.

I’d like to see this company try a spumoni, maybe.
-Cash