Caramel Apple

Oolong Tea
Apple, Tea, Pear, Caramel, Sweet, Honey, Roasted nuts, Floral, Sweat, Burnt Sugar, Roasted, Red Apple
Edit tea info Last updated by Courtney

From Butiki Teas

It’s a tea that Stacy is working on!

Our Caramel Apple pairs our Gui Fei Oolong with caramel and apple flavors. Sweet caramel and roasted nut notes are immediately noticed. Apple and honey notes appear and remain throughout the sip. The Gui Fei is rather present and compliments the caramel and apple flavors, creating a flavor that resembles a baked apple with a caramel coating and topped with roasted nuts.

Ingredients: Gui Fei Oolong, Organic Dried Fuji Red Apple Pieces, Safflower, Organic Natural Flavors (vegan)

Recommended Brew Time: 3 minutes
Recommended Amount: 1 1/2 level teaspoons of tea for 8oz of water
Recommended Temperature: 180 F

About Butiki Teas View company

Sipdown!

We hardly knew each other (I just had a sample) but this tea rocked my Thursday.

Sweet Caramel Apple Goodness.

Stephanie

yeah, this one was hella good

Sample from Kaylee. Thank you!

I was a bit disappointed with this tea upon first trying it. To me it only has a light flavor of apple, and maybe cinnamon, and I can’t taste the caramel at all. As I sipped on it, I decided I do actually like it. Although the apple isn’t strong, it is distinctly there, and works well with the oolong. This tea doesn’t really stand out to me, but at the same time I doubt it’s one I would get tired of easily. Not one I think I’ll really miss, though.

Flavors: Apple, Tea

3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I’ve had sleeping issues since I was a kid, but man, is it ever extra annoying to wake up in the middle of the night and not be able to fall back asleep, literally watching the sun rise. I gave up after a few hours, got out of bed, and started doing random little things. Drank some water, then moved onto this tea. The leaf smells very vaguely sweet from the flavouring, yet my nose can distinguish that the base itself is roasty.

Yep. Roasty. The first steep basically tasted like a roasty oolong with a hint of apple sweetness.

The flavours reversed roles in the second steep: sweeter with a hint of roastiness. I did not detect any caramel in either steeps.

The base itself is pretty good but I’m not wild over the additional flavouring, especially since it cannot be easily identified as caramel apple.

DeliriumsFrogs

Insomnia is the worst. :(

Have you tried an acupuncture mat?

Fjellrev

It sure is. :/

I’ve never heard of them before, Sil. Maybe worth a shot? My insomnia is always due to stress/anxiety/overthinking, though, so not sure if it would help.

Mikumofu

do herbal teas like chamomile help? I haven’t had too much luck with them but they seem effective for others :(

TeaBrat

meditation & exercise seem to help me with insomnia but I have to do them on a regular basis…

Fjellrev

I haven’t tried meditation, but herbals and regular exercise don’t do anything for me either. Thanks for the suggestions, though, everyone!

I enjoyed this. The base tea is flavorful even with the flavorings, but there is a sweetness and a toasty flavor that is reminiscent of caramel, and it is also fruity. I don’t necessarily taste apple specifically, but in the end it is delicious, so who cares if the name doesn’t describe it exactly?

So “sweat” is a flavored listed on this tea and thank goodness I am not tasting that. I am actually not too put off by the oolong in this blend despite its strong, floral presence. It is nicely complimented by the fresh, sweet red apple flavoring and the smooth caramel candy-like flavor. At times, I get just a hint of caramel that reminds me of the Butterscotch and Hazelnut Mocha Candies flavoring but it is fleeting and I find myself wanting more. Still, the caramel and apple both make an appearance in the cup and that makes for an enjoyable drink. Thank you Inkling for sending some my way :)

Cameron B.

Hopefully they meant “sweet”… :P

Inkling

Glad you’re enjoying it; I like that one too!

VariaTEA

Cameron, I hope so too and Inkling, thank you so much for parting with some of your precious Butiki teas for me to try :)

Kittenna

Sweat?! Nasty.

I don’t always favor oolongs, although I have been trying more out lately, but this one is quite nice! The leaves didn’t open up fully on the first steep and that makes me wonder what flavor it’s hiding for future steeps. It is fruity. I get the pear/apple flavors which are rounded out nicely with a little sugar. The caramel sits in the background as supporting cast. I tried adding a touch of salt, because salty caramel is delicious, but I don’t think it does this tea any favors and makes it a little soapy in the start of each sip. Really great tea before the salt! :D

While the overall flavor of this tea is really good, I get a little more of the base tea flavor than I’d like to have going off of the name. I saw someone else mentioned that this shared some similarities to pear instead of apple, and I feel that is pretty accurate. It has that green flavor but not the sourness of green apple. Also, I am left searching for the caramel. I’m glad I got to try this one, thanks to Inkling. Now I won’t be forever wondering if I would have been happier having bought some of this before Stacy goes out of business. More money to buy new blends!!

I’m not going to rate this because I think my rating would be based too much on it not living up to my expectations of the name.

Flavors: Pear

This one was good, but it didn’t blow me away. It has a nice smooth, silky oolong base and a very sweet, natural apple flavor, but the caramel wasn’t really coming through for me. Maybe it would be better sweetened? I rarely sweeten my tea, but perhaps I’ll have to try that next time.

Flavors: Apple

This tea is good, really good. Too bad there soon will be no more of it. The amount I bought should last me a year or so. The caramel taste is up front with the taste of apples behind it. There is no bitterness or astringency to this tea, it has the perfect base. This is really sweet tasting. I added sugar which really seems to accentuate the sweet flavors of this tea.

I brewed this once in an 18oz teapot with 3 tsp leaf and 175 degree water for 3 min. The resulting brew was light colored, sweet smelling, and delicious.

Flavors: Apple, Caramel, Sweet

Stephanie

sooo gooood. now I want some too :)

This was my other sample from Butiki Teas, and wow… The aroma of this one is intoxicating! Very much a buttery caramel scent, like stepping into a confectionary store just after they’ve dipped the apples in the caramel. The flavor is lovely as well. I can taste caramel as I sip, but I can also taste the apple, which is very crisp and sweet. Like it says on the Butiki Teas website, this tea has a roasted note to it, which makes the overall flavor like a baked apple—and also makes it a great blend for fall, really cozy and warm. The oolong base of this tea matches the other flavors perfectly: smooth and creamy with hints of honey and flowers, but just enough roast to stand up to the caramel apple notes. So good! Now I just wish I had ordered more.