Sleepytime Vanilla

Blackberry Leaves, Chamomile, Lemongrass, Rose Buds, Spearmint, Vanilla
Vanilla, Flowers
Tea Bag
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

• “My last pot of the evening...so glad that my conference is in town this week!! It means I get to sleep in a smidge, and that I didn't have to abandon Chloe (what, has nobody else named their...” Read full tasting note
    Madmama 902 tasting notes
  • “I am comparing Sleepytime Vanilla tonight with a fresh box of Honey Vanilla Chamomile. My verdict is that Sleepytime Vanilla is a more appealing chamomile blend. This is an interesting result...” Read full tasting note
    Shera Pop 509 tasting notes
  • “From http://www.itsallabouttheleaf.com/2378/tea-review-celestial-seasonings-sleepytime-vanilla-3/ - It's all About the Leaf - go read more reviews! I have a confession. I consider myself an...” Read full tasting note
    wombatgirl 411 tasting notes
  • “Herbal tisane of the evening here, taking care of myself big time includes plenty of rest and relaxation! You know, I think I like the regular Sleepytime better than this, the vanilla doesn't do...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2170 tasting notes

From Celestial Seasonings

“Vanilla lovers, rejoice! We’ve added the creamy, nutty flavor of rich vanilla to Sleepytime’s beloved blend of floral chamomile, cool spearmint and lively lemongrass. With its comforting aroma and perfectly balanced flavor, Sleepytime Vanilla is an exquisitely soothing new way for you to wind down your day.”
— Charlie Baden, Celestial Seasonings Blendmaster Since 1975

Ingredients:
Chamomile, spearmint, west indian lemongrass, natural french vanilla flavor, tilia flowers, blackberry leaves, orange blossoms, hawthorn and rosebuds.

About Celestial Seasonings View company

This is a perfect ending to a long day of class, meetings, and homework. It has a nice vanilla flavor that isn’t too overpowering, as well as a sweet aroma. I can pick up the notes of chamomile as well as the spearmint along with the vanilla flavor. It puts me in the perfect sleepytime mood!

It was a very calming tea, something I wasn’t expecting from something with spearmint (I only enjoy spearmint chewing gum). Within a few minutes I was relaxed and truly focused on what I was working on at the time. I would love to drink some at this moment, but I’m all out of it. :(

I loathe the original Sleepytime, I think because of the chamomile. There’s chamomile here too, natch, but much like the proverbial spoonful of sugar, the vanilla in this one helps the medicine go down. I keep a box of this in my cupboard at all times, to be consumed whenever the insomnia beast rears its ugly head. Works for me.

I can’t taste too much of the vanilla in this tea, though it is quite calming. It has a very distinct spearmint smell and taste (unsurprising, considering the ingredients). Would purchase again.

At first slightly apprehensive about this tea, as I feared it would be rather bland tasting on its own without any added sweetness. However, the combination of chamomile with the ever so enjoyed flavour of vanilla is suitable for nighttime indeed!

i love this shit.

It was great hot but when cold its affect wore off . the bag it self was bad because it had no string so you had to reach in and get it

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more

Ewwww. That’s the most proper thing that I can say as a gentleman when it comes to this herbal nightmare. Sickly, sour and flat. Tried it twice to make sure I wasn’t steeping incorrectly. I wish I’d only tasted once. There is nothing at all redeeming about this product. Ewwww again.

Just found this tea last week. Mmmmm. Very strong vanilla fragrance. Makes a great late evening tea.

A thoroughly lovely and relaxing tea. I find the vanilla a bit strong (and, being the vanilla junkie I am, that’s saying something), but overall, it’s a keeper.