Nutcracker Sweet

Black Tea, Cinnamon, Natural Flavours, Vanilla Extract
Brown Sugar, Butter, Butterscotch, Cream, Custard, Nutmeg, Vanilla, Wood, Caramel, Cinnamon, Creamy, Sweet
Tea Bag
High
Kosher
Edit tea info Last updated by cookies

From Celestial Seasonings

Waltzing flowers and sugar plum fairies… a marzipan palace and a nutcracker that turns into a prince. Nothing brings the magic of the holiday season to life better than the world’s favorite ballet. Celestial Seasonings has captured that same magic in a tea, Nutcracker Sweet Holiday Black Tea – an irresistible blend of the finest black teas, vanilla, nutty flavors and a dash of cinnamon. Enjoy as an after-dinner treat or the perfect stocking stuffer.

While touring Celestial Seasonings, 11-year-old Danielle Ballard – an aspiring ballerina with a passion for The Nutcracker – left her idea for a tea called “Nutcracker Sweet” in our suggestion box. It was a great idea, and we made it into a great tea. Danielle’s an adult now, but the tea she inspired many years ago is still helping to make the holidays a little more special. Thank you, Danielle!

About Celestial Seasonings View company

This was the first time I’ve tried this tea. The box says, “Now with richer vanilla flavor!” but I can’t comment on that because I haven’t tried previous versions.
I was shocked at how quickly the teabag colored my water! It’s definitely a quick-steep tea, not unlike the PG Tips black tea that’s usually in my house. I think I left the bag in for less than a minute. My parents stock the cabinets with pretty small teacups (maybe 6-ounce cups), so depending on how much water you use, you might want to leave it for maybe 2 minutes. The tea steeped really darkly and I added 2 tsp sugar and 1 tsp evaporated milk, so it ended up looking sort of muddy. Even with the short steep and adding sugar and milk, it turned out a little bitter. The black tea was pretty satisfying, though, and I got quite a bit of smooth vanilla flavor with some cinnamon background notes. It tasted smooth and would probably have tasted better if I took the teabag out even earlier! Overall, the flavor was rich (maybe no richer than last year) and I definitely think I could have brewed this in a 16-ounce cup without losing any flavor with one teabag, which is great because I like really strong flavors in my tea. For a tea this affordable, I think it’s a great purchase.

The tea bag smells worryingly like fake butter flavor. The tea itself smells a bit like gingerbread, but mostly it just smells fake. I definitely won’t buy this again…

Got ready for work quick enough this morning that I can get in one tasting note from my queue while my work tea for the day steeps in the timolino!

This one is a very old tea from a swap with VariaTEA that took place almost a year ago. One of our first swaps; where we actually prearranged what we were sending one another instead of just sending any and everything. And, like an ass, I’ve put off trying this one until now. My justification being that I thought this was a Chai; and after I’d figured out I don’t like Chai I had zero enthusiasm to try it. But, I couldn’t just get rid of it until I’d tried at least one bag.

So that was the plan here; try one bag, hate it, and either ditch the rest in a swap with someone or possibly just through it out. To ease the anticipated awfulness I added milk. But shocker guys; this is NOT a Chai. It’s a beautiful, sweet custard like cup of hot, silky smooth butterscotch and vanilla sweetness. With just a pinch of cinnamon and nutmeg to give this a holiday feeling and add some depth. So, I did not throw this out – and I look forward to the many subsequent cups I’ll have of this during this Christmas season.

It was a much needed reminder to actually CHECK THE INGREDIENTS of a tea instead of just assuming you know what that tea is all about. I mean, obviously, I was shocked and confused my first few sips – but in a good way.

Flavors: Brown Sugar, Butter, Butterscotch, Cream, Custard, Nutmeg, Vanilla

Cameron B.

I remember this one being my favorite of the Celestial Seasonings holiday teas! Unfortunately I did not see it at my local Target.

VariaTEA

Hahahaha I hate chais too but I quite like this one so luckily its not a chai.

K S

Another non chai person. I have never noticed this on the shelf. Looks like another trip to Target!

Kittenna

:o This sounds really tasty! I like chais too, though.

tea from variaTEA i have to say, not a bad little cup for a tea bag. It’s the wrong season for me, for this tea but i can see myself enjoying this a lot in the cooler weather. It’s a nice balance of cinamon and vanilla. thanks for sharing!

VariaTEA

Glad you enjoyed it. One of the better tea bags I have tried, though I understand preferring it in the cooler months.

Cameron B.

This one is definitely my favorite out of their holiday teas. Then again, I’m a sucker for anything vanilla. :D

I’ve been having this as a breakfast tea, trying to sipdown the rest of the box I have. This tea works well with some added milk and sugar. It smells like vanilla baked goods and retains that baked good flavor throughout the sip. A nice, sweeter breakfast option. Yum!

Boiling

This was my morning drink during the dredge of winter—unfortunately I only bought one box (as the other C.S. seasonal teas I bought were decaffeinated) so I never found a replacement. Definitely a vanilla and spicy way to start a morning!

Flavors: Nutmeg, Vanilla, Wood

After looking for weeks, I finally found Nutcracker Sweet on Christmas Eve! The description, which I’d read online, fascinated me, so I was very happy to have found it. Just had my first mug of it today. The directions suggest a steeping time of 3 to 5 minutes, so I went with 5 and added a little sugar. Based on the description of the tea, I thought it would taste pretty strong since black tea can be strong when steeped that long and cinnamon tends to be very powerful in tea. To my surprise, it’s quite mild. Very drinkable and does not need milk to smooth it out. The black tea flavor takes a back seat to the vanilla, which is just fine with me since I’ve been looking for a nice vanilla tea. Funny that I think this tea tastes more like vanilla than Bigelow French Vanilla or Carrington French Vanilla!

The tea supposedly also tastes like cinnamon and other spices, but I honestly could not detect any of them. Maybe I can taste them the teeniest, tiniest bit and they just add a special, unidentifiable something. While I would prefer if I could taste a LITTLE bit of cinnamon, I quite like the tea as is. It smells and tastes like vanilla brown sugar to me. YUM. Glad I found this one and I’m sure I’ll have no problem finishing the box. I gave 2 bags to my mother-in-law before I had a chance to taste it (gave her some of all my teas to try) so I’m curious about what she’ll think of it.

Holy mother, this is the best vanilla tea I’ve had. It’s perfect alone, piping hot. Not too strong with the cinnamon, which I prefer. Nutty and sweet (…as the name would suggest…) and great for a cold day. This was my morning tea.

so good! very smooth with mild cinnamon and vanilla flavors. neither overwhelming nor boring. drank with sugar.

I love this holiday tea. Lovely vanilla and slightly spiced.