Earl Grey White

White Tea
Artificial Flavouring, Marigold Petals, White Tea
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

• “ I am currently sipping the very last of this tea. Today I need to do some serious cleaning. We are having company this week and so I have to clean the Guest Bedroom/Dump-It-And-Run Room. So,...” Read full tasting note
    hesperjune 168 tasting notes
  • “I’ve tried the traditional Earl Grey teas from a variety of places, but none of them ever “did it” for me. But this one is very different. Sure the bergamot is there, but it isn’t as harsh as it...” Read full tasting note
    ThePurrfectCup 374 tasting notes
  • “Since I had such a bad experience with this tea last time I drank it, I decided to cold brew some of it in the fridge overnight to see if that would make any difference in my opinion on it....” Read full tasting note
    Mrnixonpants 52 tasting notes
  • “This is one I've had kicking around for a while. This time, I kept the water temp super low so as not to burn the crap out of the leaves like I did last time I made it. It's a decent tea, at...” Read full tasting note
    Aeoliana 303 tasting notes

From Teavana

A modern turn on a world classic taste, this lighter and brighter Earl Grey has uplifting apricot nuances and tartly orange flavor from the elite and robust bergamot. All balanced with a smooth infusion of top shelf, superior white tea featuring less caffeine than our regular black Earl Grey tea.

Light and refreshing with fragrant bergamot citrus.

Use 1.5-2 tsp of tea per 8oz of water. Heat water to 175 degrees (79 degrees Celsius) and steep for 2 minutes. For stronger flavor, use more tea leaves. 2oz of tea equals 25-30 teaspoons.

Ingredients: White tea, artificial flavoring, marigold petals

About Teavana View company

An absolute advancement in Earl Grey. So fantastic, So light, with the uplifting taste of bergamot. Something so perfect and unthought of.

Traditionally, I am not a big fan of white teas. I prefer the black stuff. That being said, I had a gift card to Teavana, and when I asked the gentleman at the counter for an Earl Grey recommendation this is what he suggested. I was skeptical, but why not? I went home and brewed some immediately. I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised! It was delicate and well balanced. The bergamot was not overpowering whatsoever! I would definitely buy this again!

This tea is in competition with being the worst white/earl grey/store experience I have every had the misfortune of purchasing and drinking.

Golly! This tea is bad!

Okay, I’ve officially tried ever manner of brewing/steeping this tea just short of gong fu and no matter what I’ve done, how short I steeped, how close I monitored water temperature and purity, this tea never failed to taste like bitter, acrid garbage. Wow. Just wow. Don’t let me get started on the overly pushy downright rude the sales associates were. They’re lucky I’m not Hannibal….

Its been over a year and I’ve finally managed to make the last of this blend -cold brewed over night as a last resort. Still just as overly sour, bitter and foul as the rest of it was. But I can’t bring myself to pour it and waste money, even if it wasn’t mine. Ugh.

The bergamot fragrance is strong in the dried leaves, but not as strong in the brewed liquid. Very nice, light, afternoon tea.

Very difficult and unforgiving to brew. I tried this tea 3 times according to the instructions, and it always ended up BITTER. So I decided to use 165 degree water, and 1 minute (instead of 175 degrees, for 2 minutes). It turns out a bit better, and it’s drinkable, but I only drink it for the caffeine.

I wouldn’t say that it’s the worst tea I’ve ever had, but I won’t buy it again and I can’t really recommend it.

Rather ordinary Earl Grey. Really equivalent to bulk tea bags which lack flavor, body, robustness, and sparkle. I’m quite disappointed, because I loved SpecialTeas’ Earl Grey, and hoped that Teavana’s would be the same (since Teavana acquired SpecialTeas).

Also, must add that my ecommerce experience with Teavana was sub-par.

I wanted to buy just some plain earl grey, but they were out at my shop, and this was recommended to me. I am not a fan of white tea, but I really enjoyed it.

Have been sipping on this one all day, has to be one of my favorite teas, I love it with a little lemon

This was my second Earl Grey, the first being from a teabag (eew). Honestly, I’m hooked. It’s a very strong, bold tea that is just what I need in the mornings. If you prefer your tea somewhat weak, this isn’t the tea you’d wanna buy. I drink it every morning and sometimes in the afternoon, it really rounds out a meal. If you DO like this tea, I highly suggest that you try the Earl Grey Bravo from Adagio.

Lovely, refreshing Earl Grey. Thanks Teavana.