Earl Grey White

White Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “ I am currently sipping the very last of this tea. Today I need to do some serious cleaning. We are having company this week and so I have to clean the Guest Bedroom/Dump-It-And-Run Room. So,...” Read full tasting note
    hesperjune 163 tasting notes
  • “I’ve tried the traditional Earl Grey teas from a variety of places, but none of them ever “did it” for me. But this one is very different. Sure the bergamot is there, but it isn’t as harsh as it...” Read full tasting note
    ThePurrfectCup 374 tasting notes
  • “Since I had such a bad experience with this tea last time I drank it, I decided to cold brew some of it in the fridge overnight to see if that would make any difference in my opinion on it....” Read full tasting note
    Mrnixonpants 52 tasting notes
  • “This is one I've had kicking around for a while. This time, I kept the water temp super low so as not to burn the crap out of the leaves like I did last time I made it. It's a decent tea, at...” Read full tasting note
    Aeoliana 288 tasting notes

From Teavana

Traditional Earl Grey is modernized by adding bergamot essence to white tea. White tea is the highest in antioxidants and lowest in caffeine, which makes this a very healthy choice. Studies suggest Bergamot oil acts as a mild anti-depressant. Unique and delicious!

How to Prepare

Use 1.5 teaspoons of tea per 8 ounces of water. Heat water to 175 degrees and steep for 1-2 minutes. 2oz of tea equals 25-30 teaspoons.

Ingredients: White tea, bergamot extract and blue cornflower petals.

About Teavana View company

An absolute advancement in Earl Grey. So fantastic, So light, with the uplifting taste of bergamot. Something so perfect and unthought of.

Rather ordinary Earl Grey. Really equivalent to bulk tea bags which lack flavor, body, robustness, and sparkle. I’m quite disappointed, because I loved SpecialTeas’ Earl Grey, and hoped that Teavana’s would be the same (since Teavana acquired SpecialTeas).

Also, must add that my ecommerce experience with Teavana was sub-par.

I wanted to buy just some plain earl grey, but they were out at my shop, and this was recommended to me. I am not a fan of white tea, but I really enjoyed it.

Have been sipping on this one all day, has to be one of my favorite teas, I love it with a little lemon

This was my second Earl Grey, the first being from a teabag (eew). Honestly, I’m hooked. It’s a very strong, bold tea that is just what I need in the mornings. If you prefer your tea somewhat weak, this isn’t the tea you’d wanna buy. I drink it every morning and sometimes in the afternoon, it really rounds out a meal. If you DO like this tea, I highly suggest that you try the Earl Grey Bravo from Adagio.

Lovely, refreshing Earl Grey. Thanks Teavana.

I actually bought this tea during my first Teavana experience. I thought it was too bitter than and had a weird taste, so I didn’t really drink it, but here I am a little over two years later and it ages really well. I think it now has a great fresh taste.

It’s an interesting take on an Earl Grey. Once again it was recommended by one of the employees (from the reviews this seems to be a trend). The combination goes together pretty well, and it’s a nice change from a black Earl.
Actual first steep time was 3 minutes (IE 9 seems to be having problems dragging the bar…).
All in all a nice change, but not an everyday tea for me.

What possessed me to set the timer for three minutes? In any case, two and a half minutes is way too long to steep this. It got decidedly tannic and rough.

Also, 6 gr a bit light – 8 gr might be better.

8 gr, 2:00: still fairly rough – drinkable but not really enjoyable.

Same exact flavor at 1:00! What is with this tea?!

If it can’t turn out some lovely, bergamotty goodness at thirty seconds it’s going in the trash…

When I got serious about loose tea this Early Grey was the first one I tried. Over the years it has become my standard for measuring other Earl Grey teas. It has a smooth flavor, and with a little milk is my staple breakfast tea.