Green Herbal Blend
Ginseng, Green Tea, Honey,, Natural Flavours
Flowers, Honey, Bitter, Grass, Green
Tea Bag
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

From The Republic of Tea

Daily Green Tea – A relaxing blend combines the ancient healthy properties of China green tea with Panax ginseng and full blossom honey. This delicious, subtly sweet tea offers a peaceful sipping experience. Formerly Tea of Enlightenment.

About The Republic of Tea View company

Maybe I got a bad batch, but yuck!
teabags smelt horrible..but went ahead and brewed. BIG mistake, the smell almost was too much for me, but I did manage a sip before I emptied my pot apologizing all the while for making such a horrible tea in her.

Love this tea. I’ve been looking for a sweeter green tea for during the day. Only problem is I’ve taken to drinking it at night and then cannot fall asleep!

This is one of my favorite “easy” teas. I always keep it on hand. It’s a great tea for a cold or sore throat. It has an amazing sweet flavor and I only add a little bit of sugar, but it almost doesn’t need any.

Very nice. I had the bagged version as a sample from RoT. It has a pretty strong honey/sweet flavor, which I’m sure is why it appeals to me. No bitter or medicinal taste from the ginseng. I would drink it again, and maybe even purchase for an evening tea with low caffeine.

I’m visiting family, and saw this in the cupboard. I was happy to get a cup of green tea, but I won’t be drinking this one again. It tastes like a mixture of honey and ginseng, as the name implies, but they do not mix well together, in my opinion. I am not able to taste the green tea at all.

This tea smells exactly like honey right from when the water hits the leaves. Very aromatic. You can definitely taste the honey and it’s also very flowery. Lovely green tea!

Flavors: Flowers, Honey

I agree with takgoti that I would probably like this tea if I was sick. Mostly tastes of honey with a bitter taste. Overall, not a terrible tea, just not something I enjoyed, though it seems plenty of people in the reviews did.

Flavors: Bitter, Honey

Saturday Sample Sipdown #4!

I’m halfway towards my sipdown goal for Easter weekend. Go me!

As with my first attempt at this tea, this is heavily honey-flavoured, with a bit of the ginseng in the background. There’s not much else going on. However, this was soothing to my stomach, which is digesting a very large evening snack of crusty bread, brie, and caramelized onions. Mmmm.

Thanks again to darby for the swap!

Kaylee

That snack sounds delicious.

Christina / BooksandTea

If you’re interested, here’s the kind of caramelized onion I was eating – soooo good with bread and brie: http://www.bo-coq.com/site/index.php/en/products-brickstone

I have a can of filter bags from The Republic of Tea which match this description: China green tea, honey and ginseng. Mine is a special edition, it appears, but this seems to be the very same tea.

I have had ginseng blend teas in the past, and this one strikes me as a bit heavy on the ginseng. The smell of the dried tea in the filter bags is much more richly redolent of honey than is the brewed liquor, but the taste is certainly not unpleasant. It’s not really a green tea experience for me, but hopefully it is therapeutic.

I usually prefer my teas in loose leaf form but for those times when I need portable tea in a bag this is perfect. Not very strong on the green tea side, it’s fairly forgiving with water temperature. I love the honey taste and smell, that’s what brings me back to it again and again.