drank Gingerbread by DAVIDsTEA

This smells a lot like the Red Velvet Cake blend, with a flick of spice to it. I made up a cup yesterday, steeped in almond milk. It yielded an exceptionally sweet, rich cup, even if it was a bit bland.

Today I decided to throw in some raw ginger into the steeper and take it without milk. The cakey creaminess is still present but there is a load of fruit that I didn’t notice before. The pineapple and currants are definitely apparent. Maybe there’s more zing to it today, from the extra ginger (and the pineapple?). The whole citrus cream rooibos thing makes me think of Della Terra’s Lime Chiffon.

In the finish I do get some delicious cinnamon spiced gingerbread cookies. I wish it was more pronounced and spiced.

Amariel

I’m gonna have to try this once I get back home after my trip next week.

Comments

Amariel

I’m gonna have to try this once I get back home after my trip next week.

A good Silver Needle is my desert island tea.

Ratings: