I want to thank everyone for their kind words and wishes for my friend that was diagnosed yesterday with a tumour on her pineal gland. It takes me back to two years ago when my husband was battling with testicular cancer and 2/3 years before that it was my mother with Ovarian cancer. It still surprises me how many people develop cancer in their lifetime and it starts to ring in my head the fact that 1 in 3 people will have it.

Enough mortality…lets have some tea and try to forget the problems we all have. I got my husband to pick a sample from my large sampler bag and he pulled out this White Chocolate Grasshopper. I can see the spearmint leaves finely chopped and mixed in with the rooibos and also a few large pieces of white chocolate drops. YUMMY!!! It has a sweet creamy vanilla scent with a touch of mint.

Once steeped the tea is red in colour with a sweet vanilla and refreshing spearmint aroma. It is light, fresh and sweet in taste with creamy and sweet tones. The mint is not as strong as the vanilla and the roobios is nicely dressed up which loses the sweet thickness I usually associate with it. The white chocolate is very subtle but there is something cocoa and earthy there . Smooth, creamy, refreshing, sweet and a very pleasant drink. Spearmint is my favourite mint :)

Drinking this before dinner (which is leek and mushroom pasta bake in cheese sauce with a green broad bean salad – everything made from scratch). Mint settles my stomach before a rich meal and this was the perfect pick.

Boiling 8 min or more
Kittenna

:/ I’m so sorry to hear that there’s been such a high incidence of cancer in your life. Knock on wood, that’s one thing I’ve thus far avoided, although dementia is what runs in my family, and in some ways, I think cancer may be kinder (not to diminish your/their suffering, mind you, because I haven’t been in that situation yet). I hope things work out…. (I may have missed other relevant tasting notes, if so, my apologies.)

Comments

Kittenna

I adore cats and have four of my own called Honey, Cassie, Mr Soots and Ivory.

I also enjoy watching Japanese Anime and horror films.

Dislikes: Licorice, aniseed, clove, eucalyptus, lavender.

Leicester, England, United Kingdom