Uggg tired! I did lots of canning today!

Yesterday was 30lbs of tomatoes – diced tomatoes, pizza sauce (with roasted tomato) and a couple jars of salsa.

Today was watermelon jelly and chunk pineapple. Both were a little stressful as we ended up with more product than what the recipe said! But oh man, that watermelon jelly tasted fantastic before I processed it – like magic!

Anyways, I was working on this tea while I was working at cleaning, chopping fruit and making syrup. I went with 175 for 3 minutes and the tea came out a little sweeter and mellower than I remember! Great perky flavored tea to have while working.

I really wanna make tea jelly sometime, but need more jars and some time to experiment.

gmathis

Wow! Canning is such a lost art. Growing up, had to help Mom, but never got much more advanced than dill pickles.

ashmanra

I have never made pickles, and there is a specific recipe called lime strips that is AMAZING with egg salad. I need to learn to make those pickles. It was my mother’s recipe and she never made them – just had the recipe. A friend makes them and used to bring a bunch when she came to visit but she doesn’t travel much anymore. I have only canned peach preserves, pear preserves, grape hull preserves, and grape jelly.

BrewTEAlly Sweet

I got this tea from them a few days ago! I can’t wait to try it! :D

Terri HarpLady

I applaud your hard work! I haven’t done much canning, although I’m thinking I should can some of my San Marzano tomatoes this year. I roast & freeze bags of them. I do a lot of cultured veggies too, right now I have dilly beans, dill pickles, & little onions each incubating in their own jars on the counter. I’ll probably pick enough cukes to start another jar of pickles this week.

TeaBrat

Wow! good for you! :)

Stephanie

Woohoo canning! My tomato harvest has been weak this year. I think we have a soil fungus :( I love to can tomatoes though, and pickle stuff and make jam! <3

Terri- my husband has been lacto fermenting various veggies lately and I LOVE it. Is that what you do too?

Awkward Soul

Here’s a picture of what I canned this weekend: http://oolongowl.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/IMG_4991.jpg

I wanna do a tea jelly, but I’m out of jelly jars right now.

Comments

gmathis

ashmanra

BrewTEAlly Sweet

I got this tea from them a few days ago! I can’t wait to try it! :D

Terri HarpLady

TeaBrat

Wow! good for you! :)

Stephanie

Awkward Soul

I wanna do a tea jelly, but I’m out of jelly jars right now.

I’m a tea blogger – The Oolong Owl

Red Leaf Tea
New Mexico Tea Co
Bluebird Tea Co
The Persimmon Tree

I have a husband and a bunny who both hate tea. More for me!!!! MUUAHAHAHAHAAA

Long Beach, CA