drank Read My Lips by DAVIDsTEA

In another Universe a long time ago, this was to me, one of the finest tea’s ever. Really.
I was new to loose leaf tea and waited impatiently for my packages of flavored tea’s from Canada to arrive. Oh, they were so yummy good!
Oh Canada, Chocolate Orange Puerh, and Read My Lips! Slurp!

As the months passed, I tasted tea’s from Teavivre, then Butiki and Verdant, and so many other tea companies that opened my mind to the realization that the Tea ‘World’ wasn’t FLAT like a tea bag, but FULL of FLAVOR without being chemically ‘flavored’. My ‘World’ was set free, expanded and became ROUND!

I had a little bit of Read My Lips left in a tin and went back to taste it. What would I think?

Remembering my first love of the peppermint scent, I smiled. It was still as I remembered…almost like candy canes in the snow. Cool, with a chocolaty smell that is a vision of peppermint bark frosted with dark chocolate. Oh I hope my daughter makes some of this candy this year!

I took a sip of tea and the memory was ‘Oh yes, I am back at the beginning of my tea journey’, but the taste was…‘Oh dear, I don’t think I can finish this sour, over-flavored artificially spiked tea!"

Where was the tea? “Yoo Hoo, tea? Where are you?”, I wanted to yell into my cup.

Memories are often like this.

My first trip to Disneyland in 1955 at age 7, and later in High School were completely different experiences. Had Disneyland SHRUNK?
Of course not. I had changed.

Looking back, I had a great time with this tea.

I can’t say BLECH…I have to say…HUM.

Indigobloom

Could also be that the tea has aged?

Ysaurella

where was the tea ? I laughed reading this…this is exactly what I think each time I had a DT …yelling where are you ? …it never answered me !
I am still at the beginning of mt tea journey and drink mostly flavored teas but I have to recognize there are flavours and flavours…and some brands respect the tea base and some not always.unfortunately.

Bonnie

Don’t know I-bloom, don’t think it’s old enough and it wasn’t contaminated by other tea’s etc. either (I’m really careful because I’m very taste sensitive…smells too…the fibromyalgia heightens both). It just doesn’t taste as good to me. Too flavored and the aftertaste becomes SOUR!

Babble

I’ve noticed I’ve felt this way about jasmine flavored things. In the beginning of my tea journey I loved them a lot, but now I feel like they almost overpower the tea :(

Indigobloom

darn, I was hoping that we could salvage David’s. So sad too bad!

Bonnie

Well Davids has less flavored tea’s and natural tea’s and unflavored tea’s too!

Ysaurella

I never had their unflavoured ones but need to try, absolutely.

CrowKettle

Read My Lips is a staple for me right now but it serves more as an over-glorified, powerful hot chocolate mix than anything else. I can see where you would get “sour” too. I wish David’s Tea would embrace subtlety and “tea-ness” but I guess that’s not what they’re about.

Terri HarpLady

Your comments about disney cracked me up! Growing up in San Diego, we made the pilgrimage to disney every year (sometimes more, sometimes less…carosel of progress & pirates of the Caribean were always my fav rides). So jump ahead 30 years in the future when me and my kids went to FLorida to visit my folks. We went to Disney, and I was so excited…and it was SO lame. The rides WERE shorter, and my kids were bored. Bummer.

Bonnie

I remember going into Space Mountain and laughing till I cried because the planets looked like giant cookies.

Indigobloom

space mountain!! that was my fave ride when I went! the big drop into the darkness, omg that was amazing.
and the cookie planets :P

Comments

Indigobloom

Could also be that the tea has aged?

Babble

Indigobloom

darn, I was hoping that we could salvage David’s. So sad too bad!

Bonnie

Well Davids has less flavored tea’s and natural tea’s and unflavored tea’s too!

Ysaurella

I never had their unflavoured ones but need to try, absolutely.

CrowKettle