Cinnamon Roll Honeybush

Cinnamon, Cream
Edit tea info Last updated by Southern Boy Teas

2 Images

From 52teas

Yeah, we went there. And I’m going to warn you guys now, I DO not have all of the ingredients I need to reblend this one right now–though I imagine I will be ordering them soon–so don’t drag your feet or you’re going to miss out on something incredible.

We took our caffeine-free African honeybush and blended it with organic cinnamon chips and natural flavors (including the essences of butter, brown sugar and cream cheese frosting to name a few). This is the real deal: You’ll swear someone just baked a batch of ooey-gooey cinnamon rolls.

Our Tea of the Week for the Week of July 18th

About 52teas View company

At, you will find unique, hand-blended artisan loose leaf teas: a new limited edition creation every week of the year. We pride ourselves on offering truly unique, one-of-a-kind tea blends that you won’t find anywhere else.

I’m drinking the reblend version from the New 52Teas. :) This is a very tasty cinnamon honeybush blend – sweet and smooth and cinnamony. What I’m not really getting is any of the bread elements of the cinnamon roll. The honeybush provides a nice neutral-sweet base, but it’s not evoking baked goods for me at all. I’m also not really getting any of the frosting, even with a bit of sweetener added. I’ll have to try this again and shake the bag up a bit next time – maybe some ingredients settled to the bottom. It’s a tasty evening tea but not quite what I was hoping for. :)

190 °F / 87 °C 8 min or more 2 g 10 OZ / 295 ML

What a freakishly hot day here in Fargo ND USA today! It hit 96 F today, which is by no means unheard of (the record high is 101), but way above the average of 84. Thank goodness for air conditioning! My6 poor brother is a welder, and he’s working 12 days right now because they have a deadline on an order. I feel sick when I think of him wearing his jeans, overalls, gloves, mask all while using a blow torch in an UN-air conditioned shop. Sure, they have lots of water breaks, but when I talked to him tonight he says all his clothes are white and stiff from the salt of sweating. See? It makes me feel almost queasy just to think about.

Anyway, the tea. It is wonderful. I am thinking that honeybush teas might be my new go-to teas for evening. I like them better than rooibos. This one is warm —and I don’t just mean the temperature. The cinnamon gives it a warm spiciness that I imagine would be even more lovely on a cold November evening. I like the natural sweetness to it, and I can almost taste some sort of sweet, buttery/sugary topping like you get on a cinnamon roll fresh out of the oven. This one is certainly a winner. I am really glad I decided to join the kickstarter for 52Teas or I might have missed all these wonderful cups of goodness.

Flavors: Cinnamon

YUM!!!! This has been hiding in my cupboard for a year. Why? I have no idea. I made a mug of this to take with me today since I can’t be sucking down loads and loads of caffeine. I think I was really scared of this tea because of the cinnamon. This is really good. If this were sold again I would definitely pick up a pouch of it. I could drink this quite a bit.

I had one of these discoveries in my cupboard today too! Hiding gems! Like xmas but not on the calendar! yaaaaaay!

Sipdown, and another I seem to have forgotten to write a note for, though I swear I did…did Steepster eat my note?

Anyway, not an amazing tea, to be honest. I think the cinnamon is a little overpowering, and I can’t really taste much else. On this last steep, I opted to add some milk, to see if it would make the icing pop a bit, but it just tastes kinda funny with the cinnamon note.

It’s not horrible, but nothing that is wowing me. I do thank VariaTEA for sending me this, as I’m always on the hunt for a good caffeine free blend, and I handle honeybush better than rooibos. Unfortunately, it’s just not a huge winner for me.

Sometimes it is really spot on but 9/10 my experience aligns with yours. Sorry you didn’t end up with a tasty brew.

It’s ok. I was really hoping to like it. But there was something with the cinnamon, that almost gave it a licorice like feel. It was odd….

I got this tea in a mystery pack from MissB. Thank you! :)

Okay, so the only tea from 52teas I actually own (And, I believe, the only one I had tried before this one) is Napalm Ferret. When I opened the bag of Cinnamon Roll and got a whiff, it smelled exactly like the Ferret. I was like “Why in the world does it smell like the Napalm Ferret???”. But then I realized that it’s the cinnamon that does it. Apparently this company uses very specific and pretty spicy cinnamon that you can recognize anywhere and that I am going to call Ferret Cinnamon from now on.

It was an enjoyable honeybush blend, I prefer my honeybushes and rooiboses citrusy and fruity, but a little bit of spice won’t hurt either. I did not get the “roll” part at all, however, and I did not find anything creamy about it.

I think I should just call it Ferret Cinnamon Honeybush instead, but not for long since I only have like a serving left, and I won’t be buying more any time soon.

Boiling 5 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I only had enough of this tea for one cup. I probably could have gotten two cups out of it, but I wanted to make it strong so I knew exactly what I was dealing with. It was pretty delicious. I really could only taste the cinnamon, no icing or pastry, but it was really good! I would definitely purchase this if Frank were to re-blend it. Thanks BrewTEAlly Sweet for sending me some of this!

This is one of my favourites from 52teas. I am waiting on a refill of it in the mail right now. I enjoyed a cup of this especially after lunch.

It is a warm and toasty tea with a great cinnamon flavour. The roll part of the tea comes in the aftertaste. You really taste it in your mouth and when you smack your lips together. A real treat!

I drink this one plain with no additives.