Maple Cheesecake Ti Kwan Yin

Oolong Tea
Butter, Maple, Orchid, Smooth, Tangy, Floral, Green
Edit tea info Last updated by 52teas

• “Over the holidays, I went to Connecticut to spend Christmas with my boyfriend and his family. I didn’t take any of my tea, and I haven’t had many cups since my return. Work is dead. There’s no...” Read full tasting note
    CHAroma 514 tasting notes
  • “Yay! I am finally getting around to trying this one. And it is so good. The Ti Kwan Yin is toasty and creamy and compliments the flavors of Maple and Cheesecake very well. The Oolong is the...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4366 tasting notes
  • “I am a big maple freak and I love this tea. When I opened the bag it smelled like those maple leaf shaped cookies. I was worried it was going to be too much. But, it's awesome. Once brewed the...” Read full tasting note
    kristinthomas 302 tasting notes
  • “I am on a big oolong kick and this tea is lovely, it did not disappoint me at all. This is a highly fragrant tea - my nose went into the bag and I was all smiles. Picked up lots of maple and a bit...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2340 tasting notes

From 52teas

Here’s another extremely limited edition bonus blend. We have enough for exactly 24 1.5oz. pouches of this incredible blend, and when it’s gone, it’s GONE.

We started with a competition grade Ti Kwan Yin oolong for this blend and infused it with the flavors of sweet maple and tangy cheesecake. This is not going to last long, so get yours before it sells out.

About 52teas View company

Over the holidays, I went to Connecticut to spend Christmas with my boyfriend and his family. I didn’t take any of my tea, and I haven’t had many cups since my return. Work is dead. There’s no one there.

I came home and wanted a nice cup of tea, and I’ve found that this is often my choice for such occasions. There’s not much left now unfortunately, probably only enough for a cup or two. I sure will miss it when it’s gone.

I haven’t even finished my 52teas 12 Teas of Christmas sampler, let alone written notes about them. I will promptly return to writing regular tasting notes after New Years.

I apologize that I’ve been M.I.A. from Steepster for a while, but I have the best excuse. My boyfriend of five years proposed on Christmas Eve, so we’re engaged!!! :D

This is the perfect tea to sip and break the news as I return to my tea blogging routine. Happy Holidays, everyone!

aisling of tea

Congrats!!!!!!

Ellyn

Congrats!!! Enjoy this time and don’t freak out about wedding stuff!!! I just got married in Sept and it is a FUN time if you can enjoy it.

Camiah

Congratulations! How wonderful for you!

Ninavampi

Congrats on the engagement! : ) A great way to start the new year!

Angrboda

Congratulations

CHAroma

Thank you, everyone!! I’m sure most of my posts going forward will reference the wedding in one way or another. So, thanks for all the well wishes. I’m so very excited and couldn’t be happier! :)

Yay! I am finally getting around to trying this one.

And it is so good. The Ti Kwan Yin is toasty and creamy and compliments the flavors of Maple and Cheesecake very well. The Oolong is the strongest flavor of this cup, but I can taste the Maple and Cheesecake also. The cheesecake is the softest flavor of the bunch, but, there is this tangy cream cheese kind of flavor … and I just picked up a pastry kind of taste too. The flavors develop as I sip. I can’t wait for my second infusion to see what it brings.

YUM! Seriously YUM! I am so glad that I got a pouch of this while it was available.

LiberTEAS

The second infusion is even better than the first. YUM. Here the cheesecake really comes out strong. Wonderful! So very very very good.

Amariel

I really want to try some 52teas.

Ninavampi

52teas is so much fun… And delicious! Definitely worth trying! I missed out on this one though…

CHAroma

How did you steep this one? I don’t get anything even slightly resembling cheesecake.

Tamm

You’re killing me! This sounded amazing but I didn’t get to sample this one. I’ve enjoyed 52 teas so much! I think that as I keep trying them I’m pretty hard pressed to try and choose a favorite.

LiberTEAS

@CHAroma – I used my Breville. 175°F, 2 1/2 minutes for the first infusion, 3 1/2 minutes for the second. Normally, for an Oolong, I would steep in my gaiwan, but somehow I’ve rationalized that it’s OK to steep a flavored Oolong in my lazy “Western” way.

LiberTEAS

@Heather – I highly recommend the 12 Days of Christmas package. It gives you a chance to try quite a few of their most popular teas over the past year, plus, there is at least one new one in there too. And it’s a lot of fun!

Ninavampi

I second LiberTEAS recommendation! I love 52teas and I am super excited about receiving my box and being able to try a bunch of new things! And the sharing the experience on Steepster has to be a whole lot of fun! I can’t wait!

CHAroma

LiberTEAS, thanks for the steeping info! By the way, is there a politeness protocol we should follow for the 52teas’ 12 Days of Christmas? I don’t want to post tasting notes on here and give the surprise away. Should we post the day after? For example, post a note for the Dec. 14th tea on Dec. 15th so it gives everyone a chance to open their packet?

TeaEqualsBliss

I’d LOVE to try this one!

LiberTEAS

I actually am not really the right one to ask that question @CHAroma, because I wrote a review each day about the tea of that day that posted at 9am Eastern Time… so I guess I did spoil the surprise for some. LOL I’ll actually be doing the same thing this year, except that I will be actually drinking it the day before, because last year it got to be a bit difficult for me to get up early enough each day to try the tea and write the article. So… this time around, I’ll actually be drinking the tea a day early and writing the article, scheduling it for the next day at 9am. But… I won’t be spoiling the surprise here a day early… I’ll backlog the information. :)

I am a big maple freak and I love this tea. When I opened the bag it smelled like those maple leaf shaped cookies. I was worried it was going to be too much. But, it’s awesome. Once brewed the maple is just a nice compliment to the oolong. The ooling tea is still fully present in the cup and the two flavors go together very nicely.

I also would like to see this one in the permanent collection because when I run out of this one I might cry.

TeaBrat

I liked it too!

I am on a big oolong kick and this tea is lovely, it did not disappoint me at all. This is a highly fragrant tea – my nose went into the bag and I was all smiles. Picked up lots of maple and a bit of creaminess as well. Definitely a great dessert tea, after one infusion the leaves unroll and open up, here it is at the height of its’ flavor. After multiple infusions, the maple/cream flavoring does get milder but you’re still left with an exceptionally smooth and mild oolong which is good for several infusions more. I should mention I drank my tea with vanilla soymilk which might have helped with the creaminess factor.

This smells amazing wow oh wow yummy maple! I could just sniff this all day! Does that make me weird? Anyways, the tea is a very pretty tea with the little yellow petals in it. I brewed this up and was surprised when I smelled the tea again. It was very mild maple with more of a vegetable smell.

The color of the tea is a pale golden color and at first I wasn’t sure if I steeped it long enough because the color was pretty pale. The first tastes of a nice oolong tea with just a hint of maple… hmmm I like my tea to have a bit more flavor but as I have learned with the cheesecake teas from Franks the cheesecake flavoring usually develops when the tea has cooled a bit. I let it cool and the tea is getting more maple flavored. Not to bad, well the last bit of my tea cooled completely and there is the cheesecake flavoring, still not as strong as other blends of franks but it is there! I am really glad I was able to purchase this one, now I may resteep and see what if anything changes in the tea!

I got a sample of this compliments of ChAroma. The dry mix smells delicious, as all 52teas blend do. I think I used too much water in my brew—I wasn’t paying attention when I put water into the Breville. So it probably is needlessly weak. Another of the perils of a ridiculously early morning, botched tea. I can taste the oolong in this, and little hints of maple. No cheesecakey notes, but I’m rather not surprised. No rating, since I appear to have botched the preparation.

CHAroma

Aww, I’m sorry that happened!

Camiah

Such is life! Maybe it will be one of the 12 teas of Christmas, and I’ll get to try a non-botched brew this time.

Very nice oolong! Flavors very complimentary. Smooth and mild, slightly sweet but no single component is overwhelming. Smells absolutely brilliant. Another limited tea I wish weren’t limited. Truly becomes exponentially more enjoyable after the first steeping.

Kristin

Aww man. I am dying to get mine. I was first or second to order, but still haven’t gotten it yet. It’s killing me.

I’ve wanted to try this tea ever since I first learned of it! Thanks to hapatite for the sample.

It smelled very maple-y and slightly alcoholic in the bag. SO. MUCH. MAPLE! That weird alcohol smell had me worried about brewing, but I went for it anyway. It tastes much milder than I expected it to. The TGY base is floral, buttery, and very “green” like fresh young plants. The maple is the next dominant flavor and it’s accurate. Probably my favorite part of this tea. I don’t taste any cheesecake, though. There’s a slight tangy flavor that I can’t identify. It’s like cream cheese, but it’s certainly not cheesecake. This tea isn’t vanilla enough or creamy enough to remind me of cheesecake, or even dessert. Darn. It does make a lovely maple TGY though!

Sadly I don’t drink oolong very often, and definitely not greener, lighter oolongs like this TGY. Into the swap box it goes.

Flavors: Butter, Floral, Green, Maple, Tangy

I’ve only tried one other 52teas tea than this and I hated it. Ever since I’ve been a bit skeptical of 52teas. But Mandy sent me this in a swap last week, so I had to give them another shot.
I’m so glad I did!
This tea smelled phenomenal! Maple Cheesecake. They got the smell straight on!
The first few sips of this tea tasted a bit bitter, and I thought I was going to have to add sugar (which I hate doing for teas because I always screw it up somehow).
But as I kept drinking the bitterness went away and it started tasting exactly how it smelled. 0_0 A great dessert tea!
So glad I gave 52teas another chance! Was a win! :D
Thanks, Mandy!

Mandy

Glad you liked it! No adding sweetener to your teas? I don’t know how you do it! I always add sweetener, makes me feel guilty since most people on here don’t. But I feel like it enhances the flavors.

Ost

I always end up adding too much XD I hate ruining a good cup of tea. I would rather deal with bitter tea than just a cup of sugar water. xD

Cameron B.

Mandy, I almost always add sugar to my dessert teas. Straight teas, not so much.

Mandy

Yeah, I’m learning that straight teas that I like, I don’t want to sweeten. Straight teas that are ok, I still sweeten because I’ve got a crazy sweet tooth and sweetened tea is the only thing that keeps me from eating ice cream for dinner!

mj

There’s no need to feel guilty! You should drink your teas however you enjoy them. That’s the whole point :-)

I’ve had this tea in my cupboard for a couple of weeks now and finally decided to open up the bag this morning while I was standing in front of my, what is quickly becoming, ridiculously huge stash of tea. I was after something that I could ice as its already well into the 90’s here in Southern California and a hot cup of tea when its 95 outside just does not always sit right… Anyways… this tea is pretty darn delicious iced, its a toasty cheesecakey mapley nutty cup of goodness and I was actually pretty surprised that it lent itself this well to icing… the maple smells a little overpowering in the bag but once iced it blends well with the other flavors and compliments the nutty undertones. I guess the next step is to try it hot and see if it translates just as well, if not, I’m more than happy to drink the whole bag iced!