Two Friends

Chocolate, Malt, Orange, Orange Zest, Dark Chocolate, Fruity, Sweet, Honey
Edit tea info Last updated by Kittenna

From Custom (Butiki)

A reworking of Butiki’s popular “Three Friends” blend, with a different base tea (Premium Taiwanese Assam) and no marshmallow. Custom blended for Sil.

About Custom (Butiki) View company

Yup, still the best chocolate orange tea ever. This probably comes the closest to satisfying cravings for Terry’s Chocolate Oranges that I’ll ever come without ingesting hundreds of (delicious) calories. I bet sweetening it a bit would make it even more delicious…. but that’s such a slippery slope…

Fjellrev

If it’s anything like a Terry’s Chocolate Orange then I think I just may be in heaven when I try this!

it’s really tasty, though i prefer two friends to three friends lol

nom nom nom. I keep thinking that i’ve shared this more often than i have. It must be because i hoard this. I love this version from stacy so much :)

Nicole

Funny that you hoard something called “friends.” :P

I’m taking a cup of this, & a cup of the Naughty Vicar (The London Tearoom) to the bubble bath. I’ve been taking short showers lately, I miss my bubbles. Nothing like a sweet cup of tea to soak with, & 2 cups are even better than one.

I already took a sip, & this is the best cup of this yet, just right. Maybe it’s because I actually followed the steeping parameters? LOL.

JustJames

my spaces are all filled up with either tea or bath stuff. enjoy your steep in the tub!

ashmanra

Terri’s in the tub with the naughty vicar!!!

ashmanra

Oh, and two friends, too!

gmathis

Hope it’s jacuzzi sized!

Terri HarpLady

I love you guys!

I’m glad I got the chance to try Sil’s adaption at the end; it was on my bucket list for a while! The flavouring is no mystery (hello, chocolate orange), yet is subtler than I thought it would be.

Flavors: Chocolate, Malt, Orange

Sipdown, sipdown, sipdown. I’m almost out of paper tea filters here so my mom let us bust out her Nordic mugs that I bought for her last year and they were still sitting in the boxes. She also wanted some of this tea so we christened both mugs with it. I topped both of ours off with Cointreau and mine with some half and half. Now I could taste the orange. Now now, I’m no alcoholic, but the liqueur truly elevated this blend.

Now I’m out of Butiki teas in this household so I’m going to have to wait until I get back to my other home to enjoy the rest.

Indigobloom

You know I never actually got to try this one. Somehow orange in a black tea never appealed to me except on an occasional whim (lemon on the other hand…)

Fjellrev

Ah, see, I’m forever searching for that perfect chocolate orange tea. But creamy/marshmallowy lemon teas? Sign me up for that too.

Mikumofu

Sounds like an amazing combination…wish I still had some Three Friends left over to try some bartending experiments with it!

Fjellrev

Come to think of it, an orange-flavoured tea isn’t even necessary to do this. I’m sure an unflavoured assam with a shot of Cointreau would be just as awesome. Will have to try that too. :)

Indigobloom

See! I love orange liquor, dunno why it seems different in tea. I think because it translates as a sort of musty dried out flavour as opposed to the fresh vibrant version. Same with lemon, but I have seen the non musty type.
Mmmmm I could go for some Grand Marnier!

Tired, sore head, not feeling great. But I feel much, much better after this cup. Chocolate and orange is one of those classic pairings that works so well. When I heard of it being used in a tea, I was very sceptical. Not any more, at least with what Butiki teas has to offer! The dried leaves are long black and wiry. The smell is, for anyone familiar with British confectionery items, is just like a jaffa cake. It’s the first thing I thought when I stuck my nose in the bag. The infused tea smells exactly the same. The taste is the same too. Jaffa cakes! I can see how this tea would be a bit divisive, a lot of folks dislike citrus in their tea, but not me. This is wonderful.

Flavors: Chocolate, Orange, Orange Zest

Oooh. I’m soo naughty. I bought this as part of my order from Stacy’s bday sale and am only just now getting around to it.

Does anyone remember those orange flavored chocolate oranges that used to pop up around the holidays? You would just take the ball and smash it against something and it would pop open into slices. I absolutely loved those as a kid. This is what that reminds me off- especially as it cools down. I was expecting milk chocolate, because for some reason all my chocolatey teas lately have been more on the milk chocolate side, but this tea is totally dark chocolate orange slices. Absolutely divine.

Cameron B.

I love chocolate oranges! They’re still around. ;)

I love this tea, and I love doing geek things so I am taking a break from playing Destiny with my bf to watch Supernatural and get ready for my convention.

It’s going to be in 20 days and I still have 26 episodes to watch. I CAN DO THIS. I actually think I’ll be able to!

This tea though, really, it’s freaking awesome.

tea-sipper

Yeah, I have to watch the last 13 episodes of season five before the new season starts and WHAT CONVENTION?

Cavocorax

I’m going to the Supernatural Convention in Toronto on Oct 11th! I’m SO FREAKING excited – I’ve been working on a costume and everything. I couldn’t afford to go for the whole thing so I decided to go Sat so I could see pretty much every EXCEPT J2 (which sucks, but… Misha? :O). And I’m also doing a photo-op with Misha – it’s going to be great!

Cavocorax

And you have to finish Season 5? Did you just miss that one, or is that only as far as you’ve gone with the show? I think S5 is probably my fav, although S8 was pretty close!

test post. maybe?

WOOOHOOOOOOO! i can post cavo!!

Cavocorax

Yessssssss! Finally! Tea frens!

tea-sipper

I’m just seeing this now – the comments have been so messed up! I started watching season six so then I was catching up through 1-5 gradually, small doses since I’ll be a little sad when I’m caught up. I’m SO excited for you that you get to go!! You will have to say how things went! Everything I’m hearing about this season sounds awesome… I think DemonDean alone (with Jensen’s acting skills) will make this show keep going a few more seasons.

tea-sipper

ALSO, I just watched last week the season five ep with the actual SPN con! Loved it.

Haha – yeah that one was so ridiculous. All dudes. :P
I can’t believe that TorCon is next weekend! :O I’m going as Mark of Cain Dean, and I"m building my own First Blade! I’m nearly done!

OMGsrsly

Ooh, Cavo! I saw a thing on Twitter: “What SPN thinks their fanbase looks like [picture from that ep, all dudes in flannel] VS What SPN’s fanbase looks like [picture from one of their cons, all ladies]”. I lol’d. :D

OMGsrsly

Twitter. TUMBLR. OMG, brain.

tea-sipper

Ah! Mark of Cain Dean! I didn’t even notice that episode was all dudes. And Becky. haha.

(Edit) Ahem. Star date 20150130, from the USS Enterprise NCC-1701… (Should have had an Earl Grey!!)

Oh, I really really like this and I’m sad it’s pretty much gone. Just one more steep when I get home from work.

The flavours are super delicate and I mostly taste the base tea in my travel mug today. But there are hints of dark chocolate and orange and sweetness and malt.

mrmopar

Beam me up Scotty there’s no Earl grey on this planet! Wait Jim didn’t drink tea did he?
;P

OMGsrsly

Haha. Whiskey, sometimes. So maybe he could be brought over to the dark side with some puerh. :)

OMGsrsly

(I was thinking of the NCC-1701D. But of course I missed that in my note edit!)

One of the first teas I ordered from Butiki was Three Friends, and I love PTA, so I was excited to see Two Friends as part of the Butiki birthday sale!

Orange is the primary flavoring here, with a smooth chocolatey undertone, of course enhanced by the scrumptious Assam.

I dig it! Good idea Sil! :D