Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble

White Tea
Cinnamon, Flavouring, Freeze Dried Strawberries, Hibiscus Flowers, Orange Peel, Rose Hips, Sugar, White Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

Ease your transition into fall with this perfect combination of tart rhubarb and sweet strawberries. Like a delicious fruit crumble, it captures the last flavours of summer in a warm autumnal blend. With white tea, real berries and a delicate seasoning of cinnamon, hibiscus and orange peel, it’s like comfort food in a mug. Add some brown sugar and get ready to feel all warm and cozy. Isn’t fall just lovely sometimes?

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Three years! Its been three years since I last had any Steepster activity. Time flies when you aren’t drinking tea very much (that’s the saying, right?). Much has changed in the four years since I’ve been here. Well, maybe not at Steepster, but definitely in my life. Two different jobs, five new dogs, two new cats….its hella crazy at casa de Camiah. As I was drinking a sample of tea that I received from a fellow Steepster friend all those years ago, I decided it would be nice to take up the tealogging again. So here I am. First out of the gate is David’s Tea Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble.

The scent of the tea is somewhat muted and diminished over how I expect it was when this sample first came into my life, but that should be expected after four years. That it had any scent or flavor at all was actually quite amazing. As before, my flavor tasting sense is not very great, but I was still able to pick up a fruity scent and flavor to the tea. The instructions on the baggie said to steep for only 30 seconds, but since I wasn’t sure the amount of tea I had would cover how much water I had to put in my Breville, I quadrupled the steep time, and the tea was none the worse for the wear. I think if I would have steeped it for only 30 seconds, I would have ended up with barely troubled water. It was a rainy afternoon here, and the tea hit that warm, lazy spot that demands tea on an afternoon such as this. Anyway, I have a cupboard full of tea that I really need to drink. Despite my not drinking a lot of tea, I had an occasional tea buy that kept my cupboard overflowling. My aim is to drink only from my stash until it is a manageable amount (by which I mean it fits in one cupboard). This is tougher than it seems, since I’ve switched back to coffee in the mornings, which means I need to resurrect my after-work tea to make any progress.

Flavors: Fruity

2 tsp 17 OZ / 500 ML

Welcome back!! I know the cupboard battles well. Good luck!

Welcome back! Having only one cupboard of tea is an admirable goal but somewhat unattainable for me, haha!

So this is a loooong discontinued tea… It makes since David’s has a similar tea ‘Strawberry rhubard Parfait’, but sadly it is a far inferior tea.

So my bag of strawberry rhubarb crumble is far older than I like to keep a tea… But it is so good I just can’t bring myself to drink it….

Is anyone else like that? The more delicious the tea, the more reluctant you are to drink it? I have maybe 2 more cups left, then that’s it, it’s gone forever….
Tragic :(

All the Melodrama above is for a good reason, this is a delicious tea. It’s a gorgeous red, and deliciously tart.
It tastes precisely of rhubarb and when sweetened the strawberry comes out.
The white tea gives it an added richness, and for a fruity tea surprisingly the flavors really suit being hot.
It reminds of a hot strawberry rhubarb pie, without the crust.

The reason I love this tea, and dislike the extant Strawberry rhubarb parfait, is this tea does not taste at all artificial. It’s fruity and sweet, and tart, but not fake.
The parfait tastes fake and artificial.

So all in all, I am going to have drink the rest of this soon…. but I will do it sadly, since I know it is discontinued

Pretty realistic, but I have to be in the mood.

This tea is not bad if you enjoy fruity tea. I find that Hibiscus lowers blood pressure. So I have to stay away from it.
It is not something I would have again.

I steeped this starting at 80 degrees, left it for 6 minutes and there was a sweet scent, but when I tasted the tea it was rather bitter. I left it overnight in the fridge and came back to it in the morning and it was amazing cold. tasted exactly how Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble would without the bitterness of Rhubarb.

Did not think I would be a fan of this as I’m not a strawberry rhubarb fan, but it was actually suprisingly delicious and smelled amazing. Kind of had an apple cider thing going on.

I forgot about this tea while it was steeping and it steeped wayyyy too long. The flavor was mostly cinnamon at that point, usually if I steep it about 3 minutes I will get more of the strawberry and rhubarb flavor.

200 °F / 93 °C 8 min or more

Yum! Quite strongly scented, but less intense flavour. You can certainly taste the crumble topping and strawberry, though I could use a little more rhubarb.

The only downside to this tea? I can’t get more!

Hummmm, yummy! I like this tea because it reminds me “forever nuts” with a little Strawberry flavor. Really enjoyable during a sunny day! :)

The smell is MORE awesome than the taste, but it’s a good tea anyway.