Buddha's Blend

Green White Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Green Tea, Hibiscus Flowers, Jasmine, White Tea
Almond, Cream, Geranium, Jasmine, Floral, Dry Grass, Flowers, Hay, Orchids, Peach, Bitter, Hibiscus, Honey, Fruity, Sweet, Grass, Perfume
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Andrea

• “I swear I looked at the clock not even five minutes ago and it was just 6:00 PM, but now it's nearly 11:30! Where does the time go! Oh well, I'm not even remotely tired, so I can still get a few...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 2172 tasting notes
  • “TIme to cross another tea off the neverending list to try! (Although I'm thrilled - I just put 5 teas in the fridge to cold steep, which used up the last of three of them, none of which I'm likely...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2511 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown!! (208) Thank you *Aimee Popovacki* for sharing some of this with me. Unfortunately this was too bitter and too floral for my tastes and it got dumped. That may have been due to it being...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 2012 tasting notes
  • “The aroma of this one appealed to me so strongly in store a few months ago that I broke my own rules and bought a Davids Tea white blend. Their whites are outrageously priced in my opinion, and...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 699 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Heaven can’t wait

We don’t like to brag, but we’re pretty sure we just found the key to achieving nirvana. It’s easier than you might think – you’re actually just a cup away. You start with a fresh, delicate mix of white and green tea. Then you sprinkle in a few jasmine pearls for their sweet, floral perfume. Next, you add the unexpected fruity aroma of some beautiful white hibiscus blossoms. Finally? You sit back, relax and take a sip. Heavenly…

Ingredients: White tea, green tea, jasmine pearls, white hibiscus blossoms, articifial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

After a day spent at the annual Saanich Fair checking out the harvest splendors, artisan craft exhibits, midway games and the toasty warm cinnamon doughnuts it was only fitting to wind down with a cup of tea. The one on the top of the list was Buddha’s Blend with its fresh peachy flavor notes. I can only assume that the combination of jasmine and white hibiscus resonate to create the essence of peach for there is no peach to be found in the ingredients. I admit that is a rather magical effect to say the least as well as very delicious.

The wonderful floral perfume is rejuvinating to the spirits and has an unmistakable warmth which works well for those who love their floral teas. Not to mention as well as drinking these romantic offerings while reading romantic literature set in a historical period. A pleasure I do admit to indulging in, especially on moonlit evenings such as tonight. I hope whatever books you all enjoy that this tea accompanies those reading sessions at least a few times. It’s well worth it.

I haven’t had a cuppa in so long, this was a wonderful one to break my tealess streak. Popped into David’s for the new spring line and saw this on the shelf so decided to give it a taste despite the hibiscus. I was well-rewarded!

The green-white blend is a very light and mellow, relaxing base for the sweet fruitiness of the hibiscus, which doesn’t succumb to tartness. There is a kind of peachy flavour to the tea from the hibiscus, and the jasmine sneaks in on an aftertaste, which is the only down note, a bit too perfumed. Still, it’s a beautiful tea, and I only wish it was more affordable!

Just woke up to the mail man bringing me this after a * long * hiatus of trying new teas.
Me being excited with the ‘’iced tea’’ season what do I do?

First the smell, this tea looks beautiful and I would really keep those flowers around if I worked at David’s Tea. The smell was divine and quite sweet. Think deluxe jasmine.

So I put some ice and agave nectar. Terrific. Very refreshing and sweet. I’m already thinking of making a pitcher of this to bring on the beach…….. ;)

DaisyChubb

This sounds lovely, I can’t wait to try it!

Now that my tea tasting has been expanded thanks to Steepster and multiple new teas I have tried… Buddha’s Blend now tastes bitter…it still has that sweet Swedish berry taste, but a aftertaste of bitterness…I am getting better at this tea tasting business…

So I’ve been pretty much off tea for almost two weeks. I just didn’t feel like having anything to do with tea, which was pretty depressing now that I think about it. So I had the day off today and decided to have a stay in and drink tea day. Started a little later than I wanted, but not too bad. This was the first one I tried this morning. Got it in a swap from….errr, I actually don’t remember since it was months ago now. If I remember, I’ll be sure to edit this.
The dry has a fruity/floral smell that made my mouth water just a bit. Really I didn’t know what to expect since it had been so long since I got this I’d forgotten what sort of tea it was. I was surprised when I checked that it was a white/green blend with no fruit actually in it. Huh.

The brew has the same fruity/floral smell with a pretty dark golden brew. First sip was very nice. Fruity/floral with just a very mild hint of greenness. Reminded me of the only Tie Guan Yin I’ve ever had but with the greenness toned way down into drinkability (for me at least). I added a bit of Truvia which made the fruityness come out more. Even my Mom liked it when she stopped by to drop something off and I had her try it.

Resteeped – 4 min @ 180* – A bit fainter in taste, but not as much as I was expecting. Still nice but maybe a bit longer on the next steep. Unfortunately I completely ruined this because I decided to try the new cane sugar I’d gotten to maybe replace my Truvia (which is alot more expensive) and vastly overestimated the amount I should’ve added. Made the whole thing horribly sweet so I couldn’t drink it. /sigh/ I know better for next time at least.

I guess I can say that I have a green tea that I like, though I’m not sure how much green tea is actually in this blend. Lol.
This one is definitely one I’d consider ordering, though it’s not one I think I’d be drinking all the time. Probly when I want something different from my usual fare. But I’d consider keeping it around.

I am loving this tea. I have never had white hibiscus (that I know of) and I am pleasantly surprised. I have been in a very green tea mood recently so thought I would give this one a try. It is nice and fruity. I am going to try resteeping this one tomorrow morning to see if it will stand up to multiple steeps. Really enjoying this and will definately rebuy.
3 minute steep in 82C water.

seriously this tea smells amazing.
(i’ll write more later gotta run)

A green and white tea blend is pretty much a luxury because of the health benefits and usually it’s more expensive then other types of tea and it takes more care in preparation.

The ingredients do not mention peach and yet that is exactly what it smells like …really creamy peach.
Once brewed it becomes even MORE peachy smelling if that is possible.

I was worried about the mention of Hibiscus but I think White Hibiscus is different then the dreaded “Pink Flamingo” Hibiscus.I may be wrong about
that but it seems a logical conclusion.

The taste is wonderfully light and smooth..no bitterness…it tastes mostly like white tea.It’s refreshing and a lovely morning treat.
Tastes and smells like Peaches…kind of like Long Life Oolong but without the Oolong flavor.
This will probably take to being iced very well.

Overall a very very decent White/green tea.Lovely and lightly floral and very peachy.

For those worried THERE IS NO HIBISCUS FLAVOR OR SMELL.

FINALLY A NEW WHITE (or mostly white) Davids’ Tea. Seriously, it’s been a while. And yet another tea that contains hibiscus, so sorry, hibiscus-haters; the girl at my regular spot and I joked that management must’ve bought a big old bag of hibiscus this spring, with the amount of teas it’s been popping up in. This is light, floral and a teeny bit tart on the finish. It reminds me of a fruitier White Tiger, which is a good thing. Just took a cup to go so will have to see how it comes out after a home-steep, but so far, so good.

Dry leaf smelled awesome. When steeped it’s not bad, I may have accidentally over steeped so it was slightly bitter. Overall a nice floral and fruity tea.

Teavangelical

hey, i would suggest trying a one minute steep in 75 degree water. it’s my go-to with buddha’s blend and i’m never disappointed.

juwelly

Will do that next time. Thanks for the tip! :)