Coco-Lemon Thai

Fruit White Blend
Coconut, Cream Flavoring, Ginger, Lemon Myrtle, Lemongrass, Sunflowers, White Tea
Citrus, Coconut, Earth, Ginger, Lemongrass, Spicy, Sweet, Umami, Creamy, Lemon
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

• “Yay! Picked up the spring collection except for copabanana and daydreamer, and i got a few other teas as well, such as this one. The smell was soooo good i splurged on 50 g without even trying the...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 996 tasting notes
  • “Yep.... broke my tea buying ban for this and a couple other new ones from DT yesterday (although they were sold out of Pom Tango.... noooooo!) I have been dying to try this one ever since it was...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2609 tasting notes
  • “I tried to wait until Wednesday but I went to meet my roommate at the shopping center and this just happened to be in arms reach. I like all the listed ingredients for this tea and caved in to...” Read full tasting note
    CrowKettle 509 tasting notes
  • “Went to DAVIDs today to pick up some tea for some of you lovely Steepsters for gifts/swaps, and the gal behind the counter offered me a free cuppa tea when I was done. Well, thank you, I think I...” Read full tasting note
    MissB_Tea 1175 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

A white Thai event

Thai cuisine is known for its bold flavours and unexpected combinations. And this fresh, sunny white tea blend is no exception. It combines delicate white tea with zingy lemongrass and lemon myrtle, creamy coconut and spicy-sweet ginger, for a taste that’s subtly exotic and addictively refreshing. It’s a guaranteed jolt of sunshine that’ll turn any ordinary day into a trip to the bustling markets of Bangkok or a lush island in the Andaman Sea. Go ahead – you deserve a vacation.

Ingredients: White tea, ginger, coconut, lemon myrtle, lemongrass, sunflowers, natural and artificial lemon, cream and coconut flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Both the scent and the flavor of this tea have improved my mood markedly. The coconut is lighter than the lemon and the ginger. There is a sort of coconut-lemon cream vibe to the blend. I like this tea, though not as much as Harney & Sons Green Tea with Thai Flavors.

Once again, I find the ginger (not an available flavor in the pull-down list…) quite marked, and it becomes especially evident in the aftertaste, when I start to feel that I’ve consumed a ginger infusion!

My first tea review ever! The first time I tried this tea was in Toronto. It was a bleek overcast day and I really needed a liquid pick me-up! Coco-lemon thai was recommended by the sale associate, especially as a latte. I sipped this beauty while shopping and was definitely not dissapointed. As a Latte, the coconut and lemon flavour are so present. I find any coconut infused tea is greatly enhanced with milk.
As a standalone, this tea definitely goes down pretty smooth. With strong lemon flavour and a lingering coconut aftertaste, I’d imagine this tea would be better served cold on a hot summer’s day.
Cons: I find this tea pretty chalky on the first steep. It’s pretty over powering and takes away from my overall enjoyment somewhat. The lemon is also overpowering at times. It definitely could be a more balanced tea.

Overall I like this tea and would totally recommend it to burgeoning white tea drinkers!

0 OZ / 0 ML

Smell: amazing. Like someone else mentioned, smells like lemon pie and coconut cream pie combined. Very island or tropical smelling. Has a nice sweetness
Flavour: At first, I must say I wasn’t impressed. It tasted too much like an Asian supper. Not like I want tea. I like tea as dessert (chocolate, sweet, fruit, berries) After a few sips it grew on me and I can say I would buy it again. Very Thai that’s for sure. Loving the lemongrass surprisingly and I find there is a nice balance. No single flavour is overpowering the rest. Kinda sad about the fact it got too strong as it sat but I imagine it would make a refreshing ice tea. Overall, liking it.

Almost done with the iced tea I made up of this. Really refreshing sliced with soda water, I’m surprised to realise I will actually miss it once it’s gone now! We’ve been through our ups and downs but we’ve made it through.

Iced

Tried this tea today. I like the smell but am not quite sure if I like the taste. Maybe I made it too strong. It has a strong after taste. Will finish my cup and try a second infusion and hopefully it will be a bit milder.

Alright now, I have met a lot of tea newbies who have not liked this tea, but I conclude that it is solely because they do not know how to brew it properly. If you leave the tea bag/leaves in for too long, they become bitter. This is the only flaw of this tea.

Combining coconut and lemon is risky business. You need the right amount of each of the ingredients to achieve perfection. It could turn out too lemony or bitter, or not lemony enough!

This combination, however, is perfection at its finest! (I think it might have to do with the sunflowers) Drinking this tea makes me feel like I should be sitting on the beach in the hot summer sun, maybe even drinking the tea out of the coconut itself!

I love this tea!

I’m usually not a huge fan of white teas because I tend to overstep them but this tea is amazing! Perfectly balance and great both hot and cold. You can really taste the lemongrass while enjoying a subtle coconut flavour that rounds it out.
Reminds me a lot of a local tea from Guyana called “fever-grass tea” (if anyone can get a hold of it, it is mind-blowing !!!)

Its an awesome base for a tea latte. Just a little sugar and foamy milk and its perfect!