Indian Nimbu

Bergamot, Caramel, Floral, Hay, Lemon, Pastries, Malt, Smooth, Grapefruit, Lemon Zest
Edit tea info Last updated by Harney & Sons The Store

• “At one point this was the only darjeeling I liked. Now I’m not even sure I like this one anymore. What’s going on, tastebuds? I’m all for learning to like things I didn’t...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 2144 tasting notes
  • “Thanks so much LiberTEAS for sending me some from your stash!!! I should have started with this tea this morning! It’s VERY Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes
  • “This is going nicely with the sharpish cheddar I’m having as dessert. Not as well with the olive bread and delicious Shatto butter but I can live with it. :) Bit of lemony caramel...” Read full tasting note
    nburriss 627 tasting notes
  • WOW! the dry leaf is astonishing: light, floral and fruity. i smell lemon only lightly and deeper tones of red grape. a very light tobacco hint and i’m not even sure...” Read full tasting note
    JustJames 380 tasting notes

From Harney & Sons

Nimbu is Hindi for lemon and that, together with caramel flavor, is what was added to Darjeeling to get this wonderful tea.

About Harney & Sons View company

Normally, I abhor lemon in tea. But the lemon in this is barely noticeable. It’s there but if you didn’t know it was lemon you probably wouldn’t know what it is. Same with the caramel. And the two flavors play wonderfully off each other. This is one of a very few flavored teas that I like. I always buy this in the satchets and take it with me when I travel or go to restaurants (Yes, I really do that!).

I should never drink a tea like this on an empty stomach, but luckily I only drank a few sips while I was cooking breakfast. Not much to say about it, I drank it straight with breakfast, & I suspect a little sweetening would have bought out the flavors more, but I don’t generally like to sweeten my breakfast tea. Still, nice to sample it, & thanks go to Tea Fairy for the opportunity, & I believe it is the final tea in my box from her. It was an awesome trade! That’s one more sip down, bringing me from a record breaking 492 all the way down to 398! Onward through the fog :)

I don’t know what I did wrong.
Steeped it at the proper temp for the proper amount of time.
And yet.
It tasted like bergamot.
I don’t know why. But it totally reminded me of Paris and The Tower of London. I seriously don’t even know what’s going on with my taste buds anymore. But this tea totally tastes like those two teas.
I didn’t even order any flavored teas with this one. Only the Golden Monkey. This is just a really really really really weird tea. :(
Meh
Another tea I was really really hoping to like. My taste buds must be so off. :(

Flavors: Bergamot

TeaTiff

This is a Darjeeling flavored with lemon and caramel. So bergmont , TofL, and Paris have some similar flavoring.

gmathis

I remember being crazy about Nimbu when I first had it years ago, but my brief affair with Darjeelings has cooled off since then. I think the flavorings may just go better with a black base.

OMGsrsly

I was thinking about this, and maybe try steeping it more like a green? IDK what the instructions are, but I find darjeelings really bloom that way.

This is an older sample, and it’s from TeaTiff. Sorry it took me so long to try it! Now, I was a bit of an idiot with this tea. I looked at the leaves and absent-mindedly thought _hmm this looks like it has Darjeeling in it". And yet, I set the kettle to 200 degrees (my standard temperature for most blacks) anyway. So hopefully I haven’t royally fucked up on this tea! The leaves are mostly dark chocolate brown with some green and lighter brown pieces. I can smell sweet candy lemon and caramel both in the dry leaves.

I can definitely smell the Darjeeling in the steeped tea as well, in fact the scent of it combined with the lemon is reminding me of bergamot. There is also a caramel aroma. My cup did come out a teeny bit bitter, but that’s totally my fault for using a temperature that was too high. I do love the flavors here, though! It tastes like some kind of amazing lemon/caramel pastry dessert. The Darjeeling puts forth some interesting hay and floral notes that add lovely dimension. I can’t wait to taste this with proper brewing parameters! :D

Flavors: Caramel, Floral, Hay, Lemon, Pastries

I will admit, I have yet to find my Indian tea. I have been trying for the last couple weeks to find some Indian tea that I really like but have fallen short multiple times. However, with that being said, this tea is pretty good!

Most Indian tea is simply too bitter for me but this tea is mixed with caramel and lemon which makes it more enjoyable. I do understand that George Orwell would beg to differ and most likely find this tea offensive because it isn’t as pure a plain Darjeeling but I enjoy it.

This tea is smooth, full, malty and becomes more sweet with additional steeps. I would recommend not going over two steeps.

Flavors: Caramel, Lemon, Malt, Smooth

You know what will make your day infinitely better?

Cookies.

Cookies with tea-infused browned butter. Cookies that taste of dark chocolate and lemon and caramel.

As much as I like this tea, and would never turn down a cup of it in the afternoon, I downright love it as an extra layer of flavour in baked goods. Going to try it in a honey-and-whiskey cake recipe next weekend.

sren

Those sound amazing.

sweetea

I can’t stop eating them. SOS!

TTB PTS

This has a really heavy base type taste to it! It is heavy like coffee, but the spices lighten it up a bit. It has an earthiness to it for a split second before the cardamon takes over. I made the mistake of adding a little sweetened creamer and it totally changed the taste. Hrm. Not really sure what to make of this tea.

Holy crap. This is the best smelling tea I’ve ever come across. If they made a candle in this scent I would snatch it up in a millisecond.
Once I got my nose out of the bag I stuck 1tsp in my infuser and used less-than boiling water and steeped for only 3 minutes as I’d read that others found it bitter. Sadly it doesn’t taste quite as good as it smells, but it’s still pretty yummy. It’s light with a nice bit of lemon and some creaminess. I wouldn’t have guessed there was supposed to be caramel, but it’s not bad overall. I’ll probably finish my sample, but I don’t think I would pick up a tin. Admittedly I don’t have much of a taste for Darjeeling, so grain of salt.

Flavors: Grapefruit, Lemon

Tea of the morning. This is another sample I picked up from H&S, and it’s a nice one. The Darjeeling is fruity and smooth.It has a brightness to it, and with the lemon and caramel flavors seems like a very summery tea. I taste the lemon before the caramel which I like. The caramel sweetness lingers on the tongue after the sip. Even without adding sugar this tea could be used as a dessert tea.

This is another favorite tea of mine! So far #3. It has a delicious taste of caramel and lemon (a combination I didn’t expect to ever blend together). Such a good tea!

Flavors: Caramel, Lemon