Indian Nimbu

Caramel, Lemon Zest
Edit tea info Last updated by Harney & Sons The Store

• “At one point this was the only darjeeling I liked. Now I'm not even sure I like this one anymore. What's going on, tastebuds? I'm all for learning to like things I didn't before, but I don't...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 1851 tasting notes
  • “Thanks so much LiberTEAS for sending me some from your stash!!! I should have started with this tea this morning! It's VERY FLAVORFUL...naturally! I can taste the Lemon and Caramel...” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes
  • “This is going nicely with the sharpish cheddar I'm having as dessert. Not as well with the olive bread and delicious Shatto butter but I can live with it. :) Bit of lemony caramel in a bright...” Read full tasting note
    nburriss 426 tasting notes
  • “WOW! the dry leaf is astonishing: light, floral and fruity. i smell lemon only lightly and deeper tones of red grape. a very light tobacco hint and i'm not even sure tobacco is the right...” Read full tasting note
    JustJames 342 tasting notes

From Harney & Sons

Nimbu is Hindi for lemon and that, together with caramel flavor, is what was added to Darjeeling to get this wonderful tea.

About Harney & Sons View company

Normally, I abhor lemon in tea. But the lemon in this is barely noticeable. It’s there but if you didn’t know it was lemon you probably wouldn’t know what it is. Same with the caramel. And the two flavors play wonderfully off each other. This is one of a very few flavored teas that I like. I always buy this in the satchets and take it with me when I travel or go to restaurants (Yes, I really do that!).

This tea brews up to a rich ochre tinged orange. There is a sent of an orange-lemon citrus , and muscatel over a deeper slightly malty base and something that reminds of that slightly jammy fruity plastic scent they used to scent strawberry shortcake dolls once upon a time. Overall it smells very fruity and slightly spicy. It has a nice medium body with a moderate amount of astringency. The flavour is dominated by its fruity spicy top notes. The fruity notes lie more towards a more spicy grapey note with a hint of spice, lemon rind and lemon.
Underneath the flavour is quite sweet, with a hint of floral, which overlies a malty astringent note. Quite a nice after noon tea.

Thanks JustJames for the chance to try this tea!

gmathis

Haven’t had this in ages…one of the first H&S I ever tried and it still makes me smile thinking about it.

I received a sample of this from boychik! Thank-you!

This is a wonderful cup! Before reading the description of the tea, I had a slightly sweet, lemony cup, which matches the description pretty well. This makes me very warm and happy inside as I settle down to do a little bit of reading. This will definately stay on the wish list and be added to my next H&S order!

boychik

Glad you liked it:)

MissB

I’m also loving this one. It’s just sooooo yummy!

This one’s a fine, heavy black base with assorted fruit flavours layered over the top like a sweet netting…you catch a little of the fruit in the scent and as an aftertaste, but for me the highlight of this cup was definitely the thick black underlayer.

it’s a good tea, but not as memorable as some of my other black-based blends. I think I’ll pass on this one in the future.

This one was strange for me. OK I’m not a huge Darjeeling fan, and I’m not a huge lemon fan – so it’s not surprising this isn’t my favorite.
It is strange though. This isn’t what I think of as a “lemon tea”. This is really subtle, almost like a straight black with lemon notes. I didn’t get any caramel, and it wasn’t as astringent as I feared being a Darjeeling.
Thanks MissB for including some of this in with my BF stuff. Interesting, strange, glad I tried it…..

Caramel lemon Darjeeling? Sure, sounds yummy, I’ll try it. Definitely has the caramel element in full swing, and I do love the lemony twist to it – although I wish there was a bit more. I made a tiny cup of this (3/4 cup with 3/4 tsp of tea), and now I’m contemplating having a huge mug, it’s that yummy!

Flavors: Caramel, Lemon Zest

Nicole

We had a pot of this at work today. Delicious!

Good – similar to Earl Grey, but more lemony.

One of my favorite black teas. It’s even good iced.