Indian Nimbu

Caramel, Floral, Hay, Lemon, Pastries, Malt, Smooth, Grapefruit, Lemon Zest
Edit tea info Last updated by Harney & Sons The Store

• “At one point this was the only darjeeling I liked. Now I'm not even sure I like this one anymore. What's going on, tastebuds? I'm all for learning to like things I didn't before, but I don't...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 2035 tasting notes
  • “Thanks so much LiberTEAS for sending me some from your stash!!! I should have started with this tea this morning! It's VERY FLAVORFUL...naturally! I can taste the Lemon and Caramel...” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes
  • “This is going nicely with the sharpish cheddar I'm having as dessert. Not as well with the olive bread and delicious Shatto butter but I can live with it. :) Bit of lemony caramel in a bright...” Read full tasting note
    nburriss 567 tasting notes
  • “WOW! the dry leaf is astonishing: light, floral and fruity. i smell lemon only lightly and deeper tones of red grape. a very light tobacco hint and i'm not even sure tobacco is the right...” Read full tasting note
    JustJames 379 tasting notes

From Harney & Sons

Nimbu is Hindi for lemon and that, together with caramel flavor, is what was added to Darjeeling to get this wonderful tea.

About Harney & Sons View company

Normally, I abhor lemon in tea. But the lemon in this is barely noticeable. It’s there but if you didn’t know it was lemon you probably wouldn’t know what it is. Same with the caramel. And the two flavors play wonderfully off each other. This is one of a very few flavored teas that I like. I always buy this in the satchets and take it with me when I travel or go to restaurants (Yes, I really do that!).

This is an older sample, and it’s from TeaTiff. Sorry it took me so long to try it! Now, I was a bit of an idiot with this tea. I looked at the leaves and absent-mindedly thought _hmm this looks like it has Darjeeling in it". And yet, I set the kettle to 200 degrees (my standard temperature for most blacks) anyway. So hopefully I haven’t royally fucked up on this tea! The leaves are mostly dark chocolate brown with some green and lighter brown pieces. I can smell sweet candy lemon and caramel both in the dry leaves.

I can definitely smell the Darjeeling in the steeped tea as well, in fact the scent of it combined with the lemon is reminding me of bergamot. There is also a caramel aroma. My cup did come out a teeny bit bitter, but that’s totally my fault for using a temperature that was too high. I do love the flavors here, though! It tastes like some kind of amazing lemon/caramel pastry dessert. The Darjeeling puts forth some interesting hay and floral notes that add lovely dimension. I can’t wait to taste this with proper brewing parameters! :D

Flavors: Caramel, Floral, Hay, Lemon, Pastries

I will admit, I have yet to find my Indian tea. I have been trying for the last couple weeks to find some Indian tea that I really like but have fallen short multiple times. However, with that being said, this tea is pretty good!

Most Indian tea is simply too bitter for me but this tea is mixed with caramel and lemon which makes it more enjoyable. I do understand that George Orwell would beg to differ and most likely find this tea offensive because it isn’t as pure a plain Darjeeling but I enjoy it.

This tea is smooth, full, malty and becomes more sweet with additional steeps. I would recommend not going over two steeps.

Flavors: Caramel, Lemon, Malt, Smooth

To all past reviewers who said this was Earl Grey-ish? High five, y’all. Totally on point! This tea has a light, citrusy twist that reminds me of a cup of Earl Grey with a wedge of lemon squeezed haphazardly into it. It’s a delicate, fragrant tea—the scent, when I pop open the tin, is kind of Nestea-ish, or like Bath & Body Works’ London Calling candle—and I’ve learned that a short steep is the way to go. Still, there IS a dryness to this tea, no matter how you leaf / brew. The aftertaste makes me think I just sucked on some fresh lemon peels: really mouth puckering, but fresh and pleasant, all the same.

TTB PTS

This has a really heavy base type taste to it! It is heavy like coffee, but the spices lighten it up a bit. It has an earthiness to it for a split second before the cardamon takes over. I made the mistake of adding a little sweetened creamer and it totally changed the taste. Hrm. Not really sure what to make of this tea.

Holy crap. This is the best smelling tea I’ve ever come across. If they made a candle in this scent I would snatch it up in a millisecond.
Once I got my nose out of the bag I stuck 1tsp in my infuser and used less-than boiling water and steeped for only 3 minutes as I’d read that others found it bitter. Sadly it doesn’t taste quite as good as it smells, but it’s still pretty yummy. It’s light with a nice bit of lemon and some creaminess. I wouldn’t have guessed there was supposed to be caramel, but it’s not bad overall. I’ll probably finish my sample, but I don’t think I would pick up a tin. Admittedly I don’t have much of a taste for Darjeeling, so grain of salt.

Flavors: Grapefruit, Lemon

Tea of the morning. This is another sample I picked up from H&S, and it’s a nice one. The Darjeeling is fruity and smooth.It has a brightness to it, and with the lemon and caramel flavors seems like a very summery tea. I taste the lemon before the caramel which I like. The caramel sweetness lingers on the tongue after the sip. Even without adding sugar this tea could be used as a dessert tea.

This is another favorite tea of mine! So far #3. It has a delicious taste of caramel and lemon (a combination I didn’t expect to ever blend together). Such a good tea!

Flavors: Caramel, Lemon

My friend gave me a sample of this, I’d never heard of it before but then I saw someone else’s review and realized it sounded like something this EG fan would enjoy. Sooooo I made it tonight.

I DID enjoy it, though it reminded me a lot of another tea. At first I thought maybe it was Paris, (minus the berries) but it just hit me right now – it’s Kusmi’s St. Petersburg.

Which he makes sense, because I love that.
And it makes me happy because I was regretting not ordering this with my latest H&S order that my relatives will bring me in July, but since I already own a similar one, it’s all good!

I would suggest EG fans give this a try though :)

TheTeaFairy

I really liked this one earlier today…mmmm.

whatshesaid

Yeah I think you’re the reason I had to try it! :)

boychik

It has different base than St. Petersburg has Chinese black, Indian Nimbu is Darjeeling which could be tricky. I love them both.

whatshesaid

Honestly I’m not sure I’m at a place where I could notice a big difference between the bases

I got my Harney & Sons order today and this is the first tin I opened.

Yes, I got a full 4oz tin without having sampled it before cause the description just screamed my name! Darjeeling, lemon and caramel? Yes please!

The only thing that scared me a little was the caramel part. I just don’t like overly sweet flavoured blends. But this is everything I wanted it to be.

The lemon and caramel flavours added are just “Darjeeling enhancers” sort of speak.
Darjeeling is already citrusy on its own, so a tad of added sweetness makes it heavenly. It feels more “scented” than flavoured IMO. I

With the large quantity you get in a beautiful tin, Harney’s blends are really inexpensive for the quality that you get. That’s why I don’t mind the shipping cost to Canada so much.

A lovely refreshing tea, perfect for the summer season coming!

keychange

This sounds lovely. And I, too, don’t mind the shipping to Canada.

TheTeaFairy

Keychange, I also ordered your beloved Queen Catherine!!! Your raving reviews made me go for the tin instead of the sample size, it’s first on my list to try tomorrow morning, can’t wait :-)

boychik

It’s really good with breakfast. The flavors come out nicely with bagel or crackers cream cheese for me.

keychange

oh god the queen…epic epic choice. I hope you love her!

Tea Sipper

oh Indian Nimbu is definitely worth getting four ounces of without sampling. :D

TheTeaFairy

Thanks for the recommendation boychick, bagel & cream cheese are not my favourite foods, but my beloved peanut butter should be a nice replacement :-)

Keychange, then I shall bow in humble adoration lol!

Tea Sipper, the risk was so worth it!

hmmm i’ll have to put this one on the list..

sherapop

Harney & Sons offers excellent value for the money. Even the aesthetics of their packaging appeals to me. I’ll have to try this tea!

TheTeaFairy

Sil, it’s citrusy, but not in a blergamot kind of way so you might actually like it :-)

Sherapop, i love their packaging too, they feel “old money” to me..reminds me of tins you would find in rich library rooms, love!