Indian Nimbu

Grapefruit, Lemon, Caramel, Lemon Zest
Edit tea info Last updated by Harney & Sons The Store

• “At one point this was the only darjeeling I liked. Now I'm not even sure I like this one anymore. What's going on, tastebuds? I'm all for learning to like things I didn't before, but I don't...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 1961 tasting notes
  • “Thanks so much LiberTEAS for sending me some from your stash!!! I should have started with this tea this morning! It's VERY FLAVORFUL...naturally! I can taste the Lemon and Caramel...” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes
  • “This is going nicely with the sharpish cheddar I'm having as dessert. Not as well with the olive bread and delicious Shatto butter but I can live with it. :) Bit of lemony caramel in a bright...” Read full tasting note
    nburriss 520 tasting notes
  • “WOW! the dry leaf is astonishing: light, floral and fruity. i smell lemon only lightly and deeper tones of red grape. a very light tobacco hint and i'm not even sure tobacco is the right...” Read full tasting note
    JustJames 379 tasting notes

From Harney & Sons

Nimbu is Hindi for lemon and that, together with caramel flavor, is what was added to Darjeeling to get this wonderful tea.

About Harney & Sons View company

1961 tasting notes

At one point this was the only darjeeling I liked. Now I’m not even sure I like this one anymore. What’s going on, tastebuds? I’m all for learning to like things I didn’t before, but I don’t appreciate losing my taste for things (except maybe really crappy flavored tea. I’m ok with losing my taste for that). But darjeeling is a large hunk of the tea world, and lately my tastebuds are saying no to any and all varieties of it.

So yeah, today this one is unexpectedly bitter. I do think this would make a killer iced tea, so I guess I will take this home for that purpose.

Fjellrev

Ah, tastes change but I hope for your sake that it would make a great iced tea.

Thanks so much LiberTEAS for sending me some from your stash!!!

I should have started with this tea this morning! It’s VERY FLAVORFUL…naturally!

I can taste the Lemon and Caramel comparison…nice.

I am thinking it would be great iced too! Woot!

This is going nicely with the sharpish cheddar I’m having as dessert. Not as well with the olive bread and delicious Shatto butter but I can live with it. :)

Bit of lemony caramel in a bright brew with a definite Darjeeling base.

Regardless of the food, it does go well with Winnie the Pooh. I love the first night the husband is gone on business trips. I can eat things he isn’t interested in and watch stuff he would put up with for me but not especially enjoy. :)

gmathis

Oh, I haven’t had Nimbu for years, but loved it. And Pooh. What a lovely combination on a blustery evening.

Nicole

That’s why I had to watch it. I have had the Blustery Day song in my head since last Wednesday. And it is indeed blustery out this evening. :)

WOW! the dry leaf is astonishing: light, floral and fruity. i smell lemon only lightly and deeper tones of red grape. a very light tobacco hint and i’m not even sure tobacco is the right descriptor, but it’s absolutely not smoke.

definitely a darjeeling… but the scent profile makes me imagine darjeeling fields waiting to be picked, brilliant sunlight glinting over a broad field in india.

this is a brilliant tea. summer in a cup. lovely. sorry i only grabbed a sample of this one!!!

This cup is seriously astringent and I barely steeped it two minutes. It’s still good but not nearly as good as I remembered it, and I’m wondering if I overleafed slightly. The caramel is there but the lemon is all astringency and not an actual flavor. I’m glad this is close to a sipdown because I’m not sure I’d get it again.

My Harney & Sons order arrived on Saturday (very prompt shipping!) – the only real disappointment was that there wasn’t a free sample. I know that I shouldn’t expect freebies or anything – however, in the past when I’ve ordered from H&S I’ve always gotten a free sample tea sachet. This time – not. Ah well… I’m still quite happy with the prompt service of my order, plus, I have some of my favorites from H&S on hand again!

One of the very first tea reviews I’ve ever written was for this tea:

It remains a favorite. Not too lemony, not too sweet, just right!

TeaEqualsBliss

Would LOVE to try this!!! :P

gmathis

I think this is one of my all-time favorite H&S.

Main notes were lemon and bergamot, no caramel present. I didn’t care for it plain, but I believe that’s more due to how long I steeped it (4 minutes). The liquor is relatively dark, which surprised me.

With milk, the lemon and bergamot blended together and a light caramel note came out. Yum.

With milk and sugar, the caramel note comes out a lot more, not just in sweetness but gooey creamy caramel. MMMmmm.

Tea of the afternoon…..

Yayyyy! Samples from Dinosara. How lucky am I ? Anyway, this one has been on my wish list for ages. I was intrigued by the lemon/caramel, and the reviews that said the tea was reminiscent of Earl Grey. I do get the lemon in the top notes, and the caramel in the later notes. It is like a light, but richer version of EG, but not like EG. The Indian tea base is very smooth..and I saw some serious green leaves in there! This is so going on my shopping list. What a lovely blend of flavors. Thank you so much for sending this one to me! I even had some of it kind of cold and it was still very tasty.

Steeped by the usual way!

The Purrfect Cup

I thought it was a very strong tea. But I did like the lemon/caramel flavor I picked up in it. I made it iced for the gal that owns the shop across the street. She loved it the way I made it. I think I might try it hot tomorrow. Maybe it’s one I just don’t enjoy iced.

gmathis

Haven’t had this in ages, but I have good memories of it!

Dinosara

Glad you like it! I was suprrised how much I really enjoyed it.

ashmanra

Arch! I want this one, too! I have heard great things about it!

Dinosara

ashmanra, I can send you a sample if you want! (I have more tea than I know what to do with right now, lol.)

thank you so much again for the tea package, Dinosara! As I was steeping this one, I remembered I really didn’t like Harney’s teabag of Earl Grey that I had a while ago. There was something off about it. I’m glad it didn’t sway me from trying this one though, because it is GOOD. The bergamot here is perfect. It’s sweet but doesn’t have any of that funky flavor that some bergamot wannabes have. The base is great, especially for a Darjeeling. They usually aren’t my thing. But it’s a nice base for this flavor. I’m not sure if there is a caramel flavor here unless it is just evening out the lemon. The flavor really lingers. The second steep seems to have less lemon but more of a sweet flavor. I’m guessing the tea leaves themselves would have something like a caramel flavor? I think it’s my favorite non-cream bergamot tea! I’d buy more of this if I ever ordered from Harney (when the few teaspoons that Dinosara are finished of course!)

I was a bit skeptical of this tea. I ordered a sample with my last Harney order. The smell of the dry leaf wasn’t very appealing to me BUT I steeped it this afternoon and was pleasantly surprised! This is good! I taste lemon predomintely but also a hint of caramel. Although I wouldn’t expect that combination to be tasty it is nice. Wow… I like this! Tastes much better than it smells!

Kristen

I bet this would taste good iced!

gmathis

One of my very favorite H&S.