Ma Passion

Flowers
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Nina's Tea USA

• “I can't stop drinking this one. I have almost finished off the whole pouch in a week. Made this as a cold brew today. Brewed for about 9 hours. I would have liked to have left it longer but I...” Read full tasting note
    Lala1 709 tasting notes
  • “The description here mentions a ceylon base but on my sachet it is written keemun...I wonder so what is the tea base used here. This is definitively a tea for passion fruit lovers, the aromas are...” Read full tasting note
    Ysaurella 293 tasting notes
  • “Hmmm. . . I'm the first one to rate another of Nina's teas. This one smells overwhelmingly sweet when you open the packet, obviously from the passionfruit. I noticed that the black tea in this...” Read full tasting note
    JosieJade 358 tasting notes
  • “I think the information on this tea is incorrect, as it appears to discuss the attributes of de vendome. Anyway, this is a very fruity black tea. I'm usually not a big fan of fruity black teas, but...” Read full tasting note
    Tealizzy 426 tasting notes

From Nina's Paris

Black tea (Ceylon), Cornflowers, Sunflowers, Passionfruits
A tea with the exotic taste of passion fruit. A blend that is passionately sweet and fruity … A ray of sunshine in your cup !

About Nina's Paris View company

I can’t stop drinking this one. I have almost finished off the whole pouch in a week.

Made this as a cold brew today. Brewed for about 9 hours. I would have liked to have left it longer but I forgot to put it in the fridge last night. Ah well…tea woes.

I would say this is akin to drinking a cold glass of water with a lemon slice in it. Except it is what I would imagine a cold glass of water with a passionfruit slice in it would taste like. Very light flavour but also very refreshing. I think there would have been more flavour if I would have let it sit longer. But right now it is hitting the spot!

wow…

The description here mentions a ceylon base but on my sachet it is written keemun…I wonder so what is the tea base used here.

This is definitively a tea for passion fruit lovers, the aromas are so present.
My daughter tasted it and said it taste like Oasis (Frenchies around know what I am talking about, for others this is a soft drink made of water and fruits – the most famous is made of passion fruits aromas)
For me, no Oasis (I HATE this beverage and I was even hating it when I was a kid)
This flavour is natural here.
For my daughter tasting like oasis is a compliment, it means it’s fruity. This tea really is, so I can agree with her on this point.

As each time with Nina’s I am impressed by the quality of the flavouring, how delicate and how refined it is. This brand never let us down regarding quality.
It’s an Overwhelming passion fruit flavour but the we still can taste the tea base.

This is a very lovely tea but not for me as I am not a passion fruit lover. I cannot complain a passion fruit tea tastes passion fruit , my note here reflects the quality of the tea.

Thanks to Laurent and Mélanie from Nina’s for the sample.

Hmmm. . . I’m the first one to rate another of Nina’s teas. This one smells overwhelmingly sweet when you open the packet, obviously from the passionfruit. I noticed that the black tea in this one is much like in the Hepburn blend – it’s very strong and a little bitter, in a good way. I think that in a lot of flavored teas the flavoring completely overshadows the tea base, so that you get very little actual tea flavor. It seems like Nina’s has figured out the perfect balance when adding flavoring to a tea. I love that I can still taste the black tea but that there’s a really sweet fruit flavor on top of that. The aftertaste of this tea is overwhelmingly of passionfruit, so if you enjoy that flavor this would probably be the perfect tea for you!

-Dry blend has small black tea leaves and blue and yellow flower petals.
-Dry leaves smell sweetly of passionfruit. Tea liquor aroma is of strong black tea and sweet fruit.
-Tea liquor is a clear medium brown color.
-Slightly bitter black tea flavor with a light fruity finish. Strong passionfruit aftertaste.
-Best with milk and sweetener.
-Very good tea. Overwhelming passionfruit flavor.

I think the information on this tea is incorrect, as it appears to discuss the attributes of de vendome. Anyway, this is a very fruity black tea. I’m usually not a big fan of fruity black teas, but occasionally, I like them. This one tastes strongly of passion fruit, but the black tea base is pretty smooth. The passion fruit taste stays with you in what seems like a never ending aftertaste, so if you really like passion fruit, this one is for you! It’s not too tart, which is nice. No hibiscus here! I think this would make for a very nice iced tea in the summer. Thanks for the sample, Laurent!

Well, it’s decided: passionfruit is a flavor I’d just rather avoid in my teas. While this is a well-constructed, lovely fruit tea, and I really do want to give it all the credit that it’s due, I want it to be anything other than this passionfruit flavor. It’s also got some flowery Frenchness to it, which I actually like in this blend… just not the tea for me.

Thank you to JustJames who helped me assuage my guilt about trying this, and in a small enough quantity that I could justify having one cup and that’s it. :)

Flavors: Flowers

Cheri

It’s good to know the flavors one does not like.

Thanks to the wonderful VariaTEA for sending me a sample of Ma Passion! I’m a sucker for passionfruit. If they weren’t so expensive, I’d eat one every single day.

I’m glad I’m not the only one who doesn’t believe that this is a ceylon! My first sip was, “Huh? Smokiness? But, but…” This just has to be a keemun or something.

There’s a gentle fruitiness in the background, but I can’t help but be distracted by the slightly smoky base. But that said, I’m so glad I had a chance to try this because had I ordered before trying it, I would have automatically picked up a pouch of this, being a lover of passionfruit and all. And then I would have gotten the pouch and been all confused about life.

VariaTEA

I saw “Ma Passion” and my name and was getting annoyed because I swore I liked this post already and commented on it. Then I realized I liked/commented on Roswell Strange’s post for this tea.

Anyways, I am glad I could save you from buying a whole pouch and then subsequently being disappointed. I have been lucky to get to sample almost all the teas from Nina’s before committing to a whole pouch so I am glad I could help someone in that way :)

Fjellrev

Yeah, seriously! It’s why I’m so grateful, and I’m looking forward to trying the others. Then it’ll be Amazon time. :)

VariaTEA

Since, despite my initial excitement, they did not actually open an online store :P

Hopefully you find something you like. It is interesting because you and Roswell Strange had pretty different reactions to this.

Fjellrev

Haha totally understandable. I got excited when I saw the announcement too. I just don’t understand why they went that route because it doesn’t really change anything. Had I known, I would have screwed it and ordered from Amazon a long time ago.

Hmm, I wonder if Roswell likes smoky teas, or picks up on them easily then? I seem to be quite sensitive to them.

VariaTEA

I liked this one and didn’t really get smokiness but when you don’t like something, you tend to be hyperaware of its presence. And I am not sure why they went that route. I have been fortunate to just go buy directly from them though I know Courtney ordered from them and didn’t find it bad.

VariaTEA

Plus, having waited, you now get to try some of the teas before ordering.

Sipdown! This was brewed up before it made it into my cupboard though, so count…

Thanks VariaTEA for the sample! I have a major Passion Fruit weakness, so I was really excited by the oppertunity to try this one. And, turns out, I was right to be!

I didn’t smell the dry leaf – I was too excited and skipped that step and went straight to brewing it up. Brewed up, it smells lovely; like a distinct but light Passion Fruit. As far as the taste goes, it’s totally Passion Fruit! Seriously, this blend captures the unique flavour of a passion fruit very well and if I was trying this blindly I have no doubt that I’d be able to identify what it is.

The black base is also really great; I want to say it’s just a touch malty which is providing this really interesting and unusual contrast to the sweet fruit. It works though; and the Passion Fruit really pops because of it, which still feeling light and fresh. Every sip of this was fantastic.

This is something that I would not hesitate to purchase (if I had the money to spend), and that I definitely hope will make a return to my cupboard. Back onto the shopping/wishlist!

EDIT: So, apparently this has a Ceylon base. That surprises me; I haven’t done too well with Ceylon teas in the past.

Stephanie

Nina’s does fruit teas real well!

VariaTEA

This is one I plan on stocking. This and 4 fruits rouge.

Mmm… this is a tasty tea. A touch floral with a nice candied fruit flavor. Definitely captures the taste of passion fruit quite nicely. I am very glad I got a chance to try this one. Thank you Laurent and Sophie at Nina’s Paris for the sample!