Pour Maman

Black Green Blend
Strawberry, Vanilla
Edit tea info Last updated by Nina's Tea USA

• “Wow. Thank you, JustJames. For introducing me to ninas paris, because they are about to acquire a new customer. I was excited by the dry smell of this tea, but like I said about my review of...” Read full tasting note
    keychange 450 tasting notes
  • “We are on vacation and my eldest daughter just joined us last night. She brought a Mother's Day gift with her! How fitting is Pour Maman for Mother's Day! After smelling it, though, I think it...” Read full tasting note
    ashmanra 1796 tasting notes
  • “And there goes another of the samples from *JustJames*! Now my cupboard is at 88, which is nearly half of what it was in the summer. That's crazy! I think this is another one I'll have to stock up...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1619 tasting notes
  • “Thank you JustJames for sending me a sample of this wonderful tea. I probably wouldn't have had a chance to try this otherwise. When I looked at the leaves in my infuser I didn't know what to...” Read full tasting note
    scribbles 200 tasting notes

From Nina's Paris

Rose petals, red fruits, vanilla, blue mallow
The taste of vanilla and the fruity sweetness of strawberry come together to form a divine combination. A blend of black tea and green tea makes for a pleasant change!

About Nina's Paris View company

Wow.

I was excited by the dry smell of this tea, but like I said about my review of the de lune, it was hard to tell specifically what smells belonged to this tea and what smells belonged to the overall package, which was beautifully fragrant. But I remember being very intrigued by the description of this tea, complete with vanilla, strawberry, and rose petals. How adorable!

I used a heaping tsp for 8 oz of water, added in a splash of cream to thicken things up a bit, and about a tsp and a half of rock sugar. Brewed for about four and a half minutes.

And it’s divine. I remember reading a tasting note that suggested that this tea would also be perfect for a new mom (I think it was written by ashmanra, but can’t be certain), because the scent is precious, and kind of reminds you of a new nursery, with the soft, delicate scent of clean, happy baby (we won’t get into how exhausted mom likely is, although this tea will surely help!). It definitely has a “baby soft” smell that wafts gently, that’s for sure.

And the taste. My good god, the taste. Thick vanilla, and genuine, fresh, juicy strawberry. The rose petals make a slight and soft appearance towards the end of the sip, giving it a bit of a clean, slightly soapy (but in the best way possible!) finish, and I think it perfects this tea like nothing else. as I sipped it, I imagined sitting in my kitchen on a warm summer’s day, the windows thrown open, and the summer-scented breeze blowing through. The sound of children playing and laughing, the smell of fresh-cut grass, and the low rumble of a lawn mower making itself known, probably being shoved around by a cheerfully whistling happy old man, delighted to spruce up the garden for spring. I will absolutely be placing an order for this tea, and am excited to have discovered a summer tea. Try it, guys! You’ll love it!

Thank you so very much from the bottom of my complicated heart, JustJames! This tea spoke to me and it made me smile. Made me think that I shouldn’t take life so seriously!

JustJames

keychange, my dear friend, i am so glad this wee token has made your heart happy…. =0)

JustJames

oh, and nina’s is so worth the expense…… really. =0)

keychange

Oh, I believe you!! Was this tea very expensive? do I want to know? LOL. Also, I don’t think I’ve read a tasting note on it from you. Do you love it?

JustJames

it wasn’t bad, i buy nina’s through amazon actually and they’re quite reasonable. BUT stay away from the tins. means you have to dig more, but that’s where your costs triple.

tbh i didn’t write a note. i am a huge fan of nina’s and this blend just didn’t fit my profile. i am SO sold on their fruit skill sets i am hard to persuade with everything else. have you tried ‘grand amour’ yet? that one i adore……. =0)

keychange

I haven’t yet, but will very very soon I am sure. And amazon. Ok. Otherwise isn’t there a ninas USA site where the shipping won’t be insane?

Cavocorax

I thought Nina’s was eventually going to open a US store? Or maybe I was wrong there…

keychange

I hope you’re right. I just checked on amazon (only found tins though!) and the shipping doesn’t seem that bad…yet.

JustJames

amazon offers loose leaf…. look for different quantities. the tins carry limited amounts. look for 1.2 oz or 3. some odd. amazon doesn’t want you to find it, but it IS there. and you do connect to laurent and sophie through amazon as well. shipping wasn’t bad! 14$ for 8 bags?

keychange

I will!! Here it comes! :)

and sent!

We are on vacation and my eldest daughter just joined us last night. She brought a Mother’s Day gift with her! How fitting is Pour Maman for Mother’s Day! After smelling it, though, I think it would also be perfect for a baby shower gift to a new mother, because the aroma is so sweet. The word “precious” comes to mind.

This is a blend of green and black tea, but I pampered it and treated it like a green all the way. What can I say? Oh la la! The aroma is like a warm blanket tucked around when you are chilly. The strawberry is the main fragrance, with vanilla and rose beneath. Absolutely wonderful.

I gave a sip or two to my daughter who does not care for black tea but likes some greens and she liked it very much. She also thought it would be great iced, so I may give that a try, but honestly, this is going in my stash of tea to drink when you want to wrap your hands around your cup and escape from the world. Magnifique!

Stephanie

Awesome gift :D

Fjellrev

Aww happy belated mother’s day to you!

ashmanra

Thanks! I had an awesome Mother’s Day, and it is really nice having it last so long!

And there goes another of the samples from JustJames! Now my cupboard is at 88, which is nearly half of what it was in the summer. That’s crazy!

I think this is another one I’ll have to stock up on, somehow, at some point. It’s creamy, with strawberry and smells delicious. I don’t even mind the rose petals – it just adds a touch to the fragrance without making it perfumy.

I wish I’d realized that this was a black/green blend as I steeped it at near boiling, but this isn’t bitter at all. It’s just fragrant, and fruity and perfect.

JustJames

so glad you’re enjoying!!

OMGsrsly

For every sipdown I’ve had lately, it feels like I add 5 teas to my cupboard! I need to follow your example. Work down to the favourites. :)

Cavocorax

Hahah. Well you’ve found a surplus of sales lately, so that doesn’t help! And I’d be in the same boat as you if I was working right now. :P As it is it’s REALLY hard not to buy more or jump on every sale. I’ve shown great restraint for the past few months, but that’s sorta flown out the window with Amoda, Teavana and now Black Friday. :P

(not that I’m complaining. We have money, I just can’t be ridiculous with it)

JustJames

yeah…. i jumped on the 30% off sale at teavana. the folks there are very good with me. i’m picky and they know not to push. they made me a custom blend!! =0) i’m excited! i got stuff for other people too….

OMGsrsly

Nice, James! I look forward to seeing your notes. :)

Thank you JustJames for sending me a sample of this wonderful tea. I probably wouldn’t have had a chance to try this otherwise.

When I looked at the leaves in my infuser I didn’t know what to expect. My first cup of this went pretty quick, so I decided to make a second cup of it and pay more attention to the flavours. This is a very soft and delicate tasting tea. Gentle and pleasing in both aroma and flavour. I don’t usually enjoy floral tea’s but here the rose is mild and mellow. Perfect for a quiet moment out of a hectic schedule.

Thanks Laurent for this sample!
Yummm this is delicious. I’m not usually a big black tea fan, but the combination of green really compliments this. I was scared it might become astringent, like some green/black blends that I have tried, but it isn’t at all and the strawberry and vanilla work perfectly together (especially when paired with the red velvet cheesecake cupcake I’m having right now…). I can’t wait to try the other samples.

Thank you for the sample Ninas Paris!
This was very aromatic. Strawberries and vanilla were the main flavors. Very smooth and has a really great base tea. I would love to have this one in my cupboard!

Nom, Nom… Yum. I got this as one of the free samples recently from Nina’s. It’s always so nice when tea companies are willing to send out samples to potential customers. It often makes me think they may be good at customer service which is always a bonus to us customers :)

This one being a mix of green and black teas I went with a lower temperature for the green tea on this one. It steeps up almost like a black tea, a nice light amber color w/a sweet strawberry fruity fragrance. The flavor is much like the fragrance, sweet strawberry yumminess with a touch of vanilla to pull it all together. The strawberry is very present, but not over done, just wonderful. I enjoy the mix of black and green teas with this blend… It makes so that neither the black nor green take center stage but let the other flavors play on the forefront.

I have some strawberry cream on it’s way from Zen, anxious to compare the two, although this will be hard to beat.

Flavors: Strawberry, Vanilla

175 °F / 79 °C

One thing I have noticed about Nina’s teas is they are very perfumey and have a ton of flavor. Which makes sense when you factor in the roots of the company. So far I haven’t been a fan of the strong flavors in the two teas I have tried.

This one is quite floral and smells like a nice bubble bath. Which is interesting when drinking. Not my favorite tea, but I liked it a lot more than Nina’s Japon.

sherapop

I have not tried Nina’s yet, but all signs point to a Kusmi-like company…

I’ve come to the conclusion that i’ve pretty sure i don’t much like “red fruits” Give me a specific strawberry or raspberry and i’m ok. But the “red fruit” that many of the french companies create, just isn’t for me. There’s something about that flavour that reminds me of something trying to be everything and successfully being nothing. That being said, if you like that sort of thing, this would be a great cup of tea. Thanks for sharing this one with me VariaTEA! I’m glad i had the chance to try it first.

ashleyelizabeth

Well said! I feel the same way about fruit teas in general. I like one fruit flavour at a time. There are a few exceptions though I’m sure, but I can’t think of any right now :)

VariaTEA

I am sorry this wasn’t for you but at least you know for sure now :)

Courtney

I completely agree.

Cavocorax

I like that description…. Yes, give me actual fruit instead of murky fruitish concoctions!