Edit tea info Last updated by Whispering Pines Tea Company

• “This is a really unique and tasty tea blend :) The aroma is Amazing, the wonderful sweet clean sects of Vanilla and Saffron, best enjoyed with a long, slow sniff, Mmmmmm... On the first sip of...” Read full tasting note
    toadman208 410 tasting notes
  • “**The Inspiration** Tucker Lake is an inland lake in Glen Arbor, Michigan. In the summertime, a thin layer of fog forms around the lake during the night. Each sunrise brings a light breeze to the...” Read full tasting note
    whisperingpinestea 44 tasting notes
  • “I really like this tea. It's earthy and woodsy and the vanilla goes with it perfectly. As with each of the Whispering Pines teas I've tried, it's truly unique- and delicious!” Read full tasting note
    KristiK 20 tasting notes
  • “I'm drinking my fifth steeping of this today, after forgetting the leaves for a day or two... It's not as fantastic as the first few, but still good. I'm sad today and I have zero energy right now,...” Read full tasting note
    iridium 97 tasting notes

From Whispering Pines Tea Company

The Inspiration
Tucker Lake is an inland lake in Glen Arbor, Michigan. In the summertime, a thin layer of fog forms around the lake during the night. Each sunrise brings a light breeze to the lake, pushing the fog northward. If you row out to just the right spot and wait for the sunrise, the breeze pushes the fog right into your canoe. There is a freshness to this fog that defies all explanation. Through the trees to the south of the lake and over Dunns Farm Road, the essence of this place becomes captured in the fog. The journey begins at a small dock across the road at Fisher Lake where the rustic scent of old wooden boats and crystal clear water billows into the fog. Warm and inviting, the fog pushes through the narrow stream connecting the lakes, rolling over summer trilliums and whispering through the pine trees, becoming as sweet and warm as everything it touches. When the sun rises, the fog warms, energizes, and just before disappearing, it reaches your canoe. The last breath of fog is vanilla-sweet and saffron-warm with an energy I can not even begin to describe. As the sun rises above the trees and the bald eagles soar the skies above, you wonder why you’d ever leave.

Port was inspired by this unexplainable scent and moment in time. I wanted to create the best blend I could, something to match one of my most beautiful memories. The base of this tea is a wild-picked black tea from Dehong, China, carrying intensely complex notes of sugarcane, eucalyptus, and barley over a deep rustic body. I tried all of our usual herbs, spices, and flowers, but nothing came close to matching the freshness of this memory, so I took the plunge and used the two ingredients that I knew would bring me back to Tucker Lake – organic madagasgar vanilla beans and spanish saffron. The result was a more perfect incarnation than I could have ever imagined. Port has the most beautiful vanilla notes, a rustic base tea, perfect saffron warmth, and is rounded out with the evergreen sweetness of roasted red cedar tips.

I can proudly say that this is my greatest achievement!

Notes

Spanish Saffron

Caffeine Content
High

About Whispering Pines Tea Company View company

This is a really unique and tasty tea blend :)
The aroma is Amazing, the wonderful sweet clean sects of Vanilla and Saffron, best enjoyed with a long, slow sniff, Mmmmmm…
On the first sip of Port I was greeted with the wonderful sweet flavors of the Vanilla and Saffron that I had just been enjoying sniffs of and I was just lost, for a minute there all of my thoughts and others concerns kinda went out the window, I was just in a peaceful state of bliss.
The taste of the first steep was a perfect reflection of the aroma and just so good, it is kinda hard to describe. Second and third Steeps were even better and I was able to taste more of the Tea itself, nice and bold slightly malty, a nice solid tea that seems to be pleasantly “softened” by the taste of the Vanilla and Saffron, which is still so hard to describe.
I was able to get 6 nice infusions from this one with no problem at all, the flavors really held up well untill abut the 4th infusion but even then 5 and 6 were still quite tastey.
This Tea to me was awesome and Like I had said before Hard to Describe, I know exactly how it tastes to me but I hard a had time to put it in words to type but Heres the best I could come up with.
Have you ever been out walking or on a hike somewhere in the woods or wilderness? When You are out hiking like that and you come near water like a lake or a pond or something most people can tell that water is near, I dunno something in the air changes the smell and feel and closer you get to water the stronger it is(it’s a sensation you can taste, feel and smell, If you are not much on the outdoors you may have no clue what I’m talking about, Sorry) Anyways, That is kinda what saffron or safflower even is like to me, very nice clean. It tastes like this clean Aroma of water with soft sweet Vanilla swirled with malty, roasty almost woody goodness. It is just awesome.
Insipred by Tucker Lake, I’ve never been there But I can totally get why a Lake would be the inspiration for this Tea because really My very first thought on my first sip was the thought of feeling a nearby Lake.

TheTeaFairy

I do know what you are talking about Tommy, nicely described :-)

ashmanra

I understand! Good job describing it, Tommy!

The Inspiration

I can proudly say that this is my greatest achievement!

Notes

Spanish Saffron

Caffeine Content
High

MissLena

This sounds like a wonderful blend! Definitely going to be a part of my next order!

JustJames

sounds very intriguing….

I really like this tea. It’s earthy and woodsy and the vanilla goes with it perfectly. As with each of the Whispering Pines teas I’ve tried, it’s truly unique- and delicious!

I’m drinking my fifth steeping of this today, after forgetting the leaves for a day or two… It’s not as fantastic as the first few, but still good. I’m sad today and I have zero energy right now, so I hope tea will help…

__Morgana__

When I first saw the name of this I wondered whether it tasted like the dessert wine, but then I read the description and found out I was barking up the entirely wrong tree. ;-)

Iridium

Me too, actually, but I’ve found that smelling it is a little reminiscent of enjoying a glass of wine by the lake, under the open sky, after a day outdoors… I’m not really sure why, must just be the memories it brings back.