I thought I loved Whoppers (the malt chocolate balls, not the burgers…I love those too though) , but maybe I don’t love them enough to drink a whopper flavoured tea. I’ve had this twice now, once with milk. It’s VERY malty. Very chocolatey and very malty. I enjoy it, but not sure I needed a 2 oz bag!! So fresh it almost looks wet in the bag. Smells really good, just possibly TOO malty for me. That’s not going to stop me from drinking it though!

Edit to add – It’s almost a little bit BITTER. That was my second steep. I assume it’s the malt flavoring making it bitter rather than the tea base (because I also assume that DellaTerra probably uses the same black tea for all their blends??) but yeah. Definitely not my favourite offering from DellaTerra. Still decent though. Bumping my rating DOWN some because of this new revelation. In the interest of full disclosure, I had eaten a maple sugar sucker a bit beforehand. I still think the tea was bitter though, there was something off tasting about it even the first time I tried it, now I have pinpointed it!

Emilie

For some reason, I’ve never really been quite sure what malt flavor tastes like. I know I’ve had malty things, but I’m just not sure what malt is!

Shmiracles

when i lived in florida and we’d go to this tiny nothin of a shake shack i would would get the same thing every time. a small malted peanut butter milkshake.
i can’t wait to try my sample pouch that just arrived! Mmmmm

whatshesaid

I don’t even know how to describe what malt tastes like, aside from a whopper. Try this and I promise you will know!

I have ever had malted anything in my life !

Interested to know what you think!

Cavocorax

That’s too bad you didn’t like it. :| I like Whoppers and that was enough for me to add it to my order list, but I should probably stick with 1 oz TO BE SAFE.

I think your recent reviews are partly responsible for my craving to order from DTT. :P

whatshesaid

Hey well I hope you like it!! DellaTerra is awesome, I really love their fun desserty teas, given how sweet all of my teeth are ;)

Comments

Emilie

Shmiracles

i can’t wait to try my sample pouch that just arrived! Mmmmm

whatshesaid

I have ever had malted anything in my life !

Interested to know what you think!

Cavocorax

Hello!

Here’s what I love (or I did before, and am trying to again):

Harney and Sons Paris is my all time favorite tea.

Mariage Freres and Kusmi are also on my awesome list.

I love creamy earl greys.

Also have an appreciation of oolong.

I love swapping!

When I rate, it goes like this:

85 -100 = WIN! awesome, I love this and keep it on hand
70 – 85 = pretty darn good but I don’t NEED to own it
55 – 70 = not necessarily terrible but not a tea for me!

New Brunswick, Canada