Another sipdown of an old sample, this one had been sent to me long ago by Dustin, so thanks! (I was smart enough to write the name on the bag for once)

I remember the first time I tried this I was underwhelmed, the reviews were so awesome but I wasn’t getting it.

This time around, I was more impressed. Even considering the age of my sample, I was tasting oatmeal raisin cookie in this, down to the raisins!

To add to the impressiveness, I had even eaten a homemade oatmeal raisin cookie just before drinking the tea and could still notice the cookie taste in it!

I think this is one case where the noticeable “taste” of DTT’s black tea base (or is it a weird chemical thing from the flavoring? I still can’t tell) is working for this tea.

I also realized that more than their base, I am just NOT a fan – at all – of their chocolate flavoring.

That’s likely why this tea tasted decent to me, and likely why I’m still a fan of cafe vanilla, and why I like their white chocolate tea but none of their teas made with the normal chocolate flavor.

It’s nice to have these realizations!

Nonetheless, not a tea I need to own, but one I’d recommend people try!
Bumping my old rating up a bit from 76.

Terri HarpLady

Yay for sipdowns!

Comments

Terri HarpLady

Yay for sipdowns!

Hello!

Here’s what I love (or I did before, and am trying to again):

Harney and Sons Paris is my all time favorite tea.

Mariage Freres and Kusmi are also on my awesome list.

I love creamy earl greys.

Also have an appreciation of oolong.

I love swapping!

When I rate, it goes like this:

85 -100 = WIN! awesome, I love this and keep it on hand
70 – 85 = pretty darn good but I don’t NEED to own it
55 – 70 = not necessarily terrible but not a tea for me!

New Brunswick, Canada