drank Mango Fruit Punch by DAVIDsTEA

I’m not generally a fan of all-fruit teas, but I received this one as a sample when I purchased some cups from David’s. There is no apple or hibiscus in it, so we were off to a good start. The loose tea is mostly chunks of fruit with red and yellow flower petals mixed in for visual interest. Mine had a couple big pieces of strawberry and then a lot of smaller pieces of candied pineapple and mango. It smells quite tasty. There’s a very strong tart pineapple and mango scent with orange and strawberry frolicking in the background. I steeped the whole sample (a little over a teaspoon) for 5 minutes.

The brewed tea smells almost exactly like Tang! It’s mostly orange with notes of pineapple and mango. It smells quite tart, just like the dry leaf. I was worried that this would just be an orange tea, but I was pleasantly surprised when I tasted it. The orange is definitely most present, but it blends beautifully with the pineapple and mango flavors to make one juicy, fruity tea. It was tart, so I added a very small amount of sugar just to take the edge off, and this made it much more tasty. Overall, I was pleasantly surprised by this tea and I would purchase more. :)

Flavors: Mango, Orange, Pineapple, Tangy

rosebudmelissa

That sounds delicious.

Comments

rosebudmelissa

That sounds delicious.

I am a shameless Western steeper!

My general tea info:

Likes:
Taiwanese Blacks
French Flavored Teas
Yunnan (esp. Pure Bud varieties)
Lightly Roasted Oolong
Japanese Greens (esp. Sencha & Gyokuro)
Genmaicha (traditional or otherwise)
Sobacha
Blueberry
Cherry
Vanilla
Fig
Almond/Marzipan
Chocolate-Orange
Most “Dessert” Flavors (caramel, toffee, butterscotch, cake, cookie, etc.)

Favorite Companies:
Dammann Frères
Yunomi

Not A Fan
High Mountain Oolong
Overly Floral (esp. Rose)
Licorice Root