I love Dragonwell.

I dumped the dry leaves in my warmed flowering teapot and it smelled like a peanut butter, except more vegetal! Maybe I shouldn’t have done that but the smell was worth it. Wow!

Drinking the “rinse” and it is equally full of buttery nuttiness. I’ve never had a Dragonwell that is this full of flavour and smell. It’s almost overwhelming.

I get the green granny smith apples on the first steep; it’s sweet, juicy, crisp, and kind of tart, in a way. I can’t believe I taste that. The buttery nut notes linger in the back roof of my mouth, like mushed cashews or soybeans. My second steep is even smoother with that prevailing buttery, nutty sweetness. The unfolding flavours evolve into various items.

I think I’m going to end the note there and just focus on drinking as much of this as possible- this may be my new favourite Dragonwell! I purchased two “Dragonwells”, among other teas, from Verdant but this is the only one I bought in a larger quantity right off the bat. I’m glad I did!

On a side-note: I never felt the full effect that the water taste had on tea until I started short brewing and went from Vancouver to Victoria. Victoria water tastes of algae! It is not my favourite.

Cavocorax

That’s interesting! I was just using tap-water for the longest time, and then switched to filtered. Didn’t notice a huge difference but I feel better for doing so.

Cavocorax

Oh and that Dragonwell sounds awesome! Seems like Verdant has some pretty fancy teas.

CrowKettle

I was about to PM you- I’m actually sending you three Dragonwell samples because I couldn’t find any mention of this tea in your cupboards or ratings. Even if you don’t end up liking it I firmly believe this is a tea everyone should try at least once… or twice. Maybe three times? ;)

Miss Starfish

I was never a fan of CBD Victoria water, might be some of the ancient pipes? Van water always tasted more “chemically” to me.

Oh that’s awesome. Thanks! :D

Comments

Cavocorax

CrowKettle

Miss Starfish

Oh that’s awesome. Thanks! :D

A good Silver Needle is my desert island tea.

Ratings: