Continuing down my Japanese tea route I will be drinking this tea next. My husband prefers black tea or heavily oxidized Oolong but I am hoping he will eventually learn to appreciate green tea as much as I do. Hopefully his new tea bowl will help him to do so.

I didn’t like Adagios description of spider legs cringes but I can understand why they used it. In appearance the leaves are thin, crisp, fairly long and pointy with dark green and green/yellow colours. They have a strong and sweet grassy yet perfumed scent.

Once steeped it has a very mild aroma but the grassy tones are still noticeable. Flavour is sweet and grassy with a light floral finish, smoother than I was expecting and fresher too. It has a dry after taste that remains sweet and perfumed. If I was to compare the sweetness to the likeness of anything it would be sweetpea partially because of it’s rich green and grassy nature matching the sweetness.

Additional steeps bring out more sweetness and thicker grassy tones whilst the dry perfumed after taste reduces.

I wasn’t expecting much from this but it really is pleasant. A good all around every day Sencha.

Awkward Soul

Ewww yeah, the spider leg description is very unappealing.

Comments

Awkward Soul

Ewww yeah, the spider leg description is very unappealing.

I adore cats and have four of my own called Honey, Cassie, Mr Soots and Ivory.

I also enjoy watching Japanese Anime and horror films.

Dislikes: Licorice, aniseed, clove, eucalyptus, lavender.

Leicester, England, United Kingdom