Continuing the oolong theme…

This one surprised me. As I was steeping the first few steeps, and then tasting them, my first thought was, “are you sure this isn’t a sheng?” It had a woody, slightly earthy, slightly mineral scent and flavor, and just a sheng-yness. Must be the aging. As the steeps progressed its TGY character started coming out, with a hint of florals.

This is interesting but not my favorite because of that aging… I’m just not going to love anything that really reminds me of puerh. I’ll have to try this a couple of different ways to see how it plays out in different ways.

In my free time I am a birder, baker, and music/movie/tv addict.

Here are my rating categories, FYI:
100-90: I’m in LOVE with these teas.
84-80: Tasty teas that I enjoy, but definitely won’t rebuy when I run out.
49 and below: Mega yuck. This tea is just disgusting to me.

Ohio, US