drank Strawberry Zabaglione by 52teas
1979 tasting notes

I had high hopes for this tea after falling in love with the strawberry flavors of Strawberry Pie Honeybush last night. Unfortunately, this pales in comparison. I find it has a similar thick mouth feel to pancake breakfast – I think it added to the pancake breakfast tea because it resembled the mouth feel of a pancake but I am not sure if it really goes well in this tea. I also find the strawberry flavor is more prominent in the smell than the taste although it is subtly there. Perhaps brewing this slightly under boiling will help the flavors shine through a bit more. As I had it today, I think this is a nice enough cup of tea but I would far rather spend my money getting more of the amazing Strawberry Pie Honeybush.

ifjuly

uh oh! i just grabbed some for the same reasons while restocking the pie one. hmmm…

Try 2.5 mins at less than boiling – seems to work better for Frank’s black bases in my experience

VariaTEA

ifjuly – don’t worry, this tea is not bad at all. I just far prefer the other. Both are good though.
Sil – thank you! I will definitely try that out next time

moraiwe

I struggled with this one for a while too. 190-195 for 2.5 min seems to be the sweet spot.

CHAroma

I second Sil’s recommendation. That brewing method revolutionized Frank’s black base for me.

MissB

Another one here chiming in – definitely less than boiling for 2.5 minutes.

Dexter

(Making mental note – 2.5 minutes for 52teas black bases….)

VariaTEA

Thanks everyone! I will definitely be sure to have a 2.5 min steeping time with water just below boiling.

Comments

ifjuly

Sil – thank you! I will definitely try that out next time

moraiwe

CHAroma

MissB

Another one here chiming in – definitely less than boiling for 2.5 minutes.

Dexter

(Making mental note – 2.5 minutes for 52teas black bases….)

Tea Ratings (a loose guide):