So yesterday I bought my first perfect mug; the glass one from the spring collection with the frosty white octopus tentacles on it. I’ve wanted one for ages but a combination of not having the funds and not seeing “the perfect design” has kept me from getting one. I no longer had that excuse though, so I guiltlessly splurged on this one.

I’m absolutely loving it so far, and I’m so happy I went with glass because none of my teaware (other than the mason jar) is glass so I rarely get to watch as my tea steeps (because the mason jar sits and steeps in the fridge), so this lends to a somewhat different tea experience, and it’s great! I’m finding that there’s plenty of room in the steeping basket, so I’m really happy about that too.

I also love the little lid/plate for the steeping basket once it’s done steeping. My typical set up is to wait in the kitchen for my tea to steep or to take it to the living room along with a little custard dish to put the tea balls/clamps in once it’s done steeping. This works much better.

My one “gripe” would be how thin the walls of the mug are. I’m sure it’s structurally sound, but I can’t help but feel freaked out by how seemingly fragile this mug appears to be. I’ll likely get over that, though. It may just take a little time.

Stephanie

I liked mine till it broke!

mj

My steepster experience is pretty much me finding out about things that I just have to have. This included (although I think I’m partial to the whale one). I’m going to go broke!

Roswell Strange

I almost got the colour changing Lobster, but I was wary because of all the talk of the stickers coming off. I’m happier with this one.

VariaTEA

My whale sticker is completely gone off the lid of my Perfect Mug :(

Suziqzer

I’ve been watching for a perfect mug that fits my style and one for hubby. I would love to catch some on sale .. I don’t live close enough to a Davids for anyone around me to know if I bought a discontinued one ;). I have a couple of Bodum mugs w/infusers that are doing the job for now.

Isaila

Do you like the Mason Jar? I’ve been thinking about getting one.

mj

VariaTEA, that is so disappointing about your whale mug :-(. It’s so cute too!

Roswell Strange

100% recommend the mason jar; it’s amazing.

Comments

Stephanie

I liked mine till it broke!

VariaTEA

My whale sticker is completely gone off the lid of my Perfect Mug :(

Suziqzer

Isaila

Do you like the Mason Jar? I’ve been thinking about getting one.

mj

VariaTEA, that is so disappointing about your whale mug :-(. It’s so cute too!

Roswell Strange

100% recommend the mason jar; it’s amazing.

Hello;

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Saskatoon, SK, Canada