Happy Kombucha

Fruit Oolong Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Mango, Oolong Tea, Pineapple, Safflower Petals
Burnt, Mango, Peach, Tannin, Malt, Pineapple, Roasted
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

From DAVIDsTEA

Peace and love

Our deliciously fruity blend has its roots in the 1960s, when every cool hippie was growing kombucha. Today, hipsters are again promoting this fermented tea for its delicious taste and good vibes. We’ve combined it with oolong, mango, pineapple and safflowers to make it taste like a golden ray of psychedelic sunshine. Yeah.

Ingredients: Oolong tea, mango, pineapple, Kombucha Powder, safflower petals, artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Gluten-free wheat starch

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Hmm, getting an interesting mix of flavours in this one today. A much better mix of flavours than I recall having the last time I drank it – the oolong is really making itself known here! Quite a nice fruity oolong. And I am oh-so-thankful I can’t taste the kombucha – I bought a kombucha tea a few months ago out of curiousity and tried to drink it, and it was even more disgusting than beer! My roommate even thought it was gross, so I threw it out. Sad times.

(This is a 1.5 day backlog… apparently I left this note sitting open pretty much the entire weekend while I was at my boyfriend’s place).

Mercuryhime

I remember trying kombucha a few years ago. I was forcing myself to finish this supposed elixir of life. Then my sister tried some and said it tasted like sour feet. Well I just couldn’t drink anymore after that. It’s one of those foods where I think the first person to try it was somehow desperate or very very brave.

Kittenna

Ahahaha. Yeah, I tried to force myself to drink it too, but it just wasn’t happening. I hated it with a rating of about 3, on here.

This is pretty good, a nice tropical flavored oolong. But I think the kombucha powder is making my throat itch. I’ve never had this happen before with anything, and given that’s the only ingredient in here I’ve never had before, it could be it.

Oh well, it’s not that horrible (so far at least, if you don’t hear from me again I was wrong) so I will definitely drink up all I have. I definitely want to try it iced.

I was expecting it to be a bit more tart given what I know about kombucha, but it’s not. Still, it has a nice flavor.

Thank you, Kittenna!

Kittenna

I’ve only tried this one once, and need to again! I may not have even reviewed it on here!

mmMmm peachy oolong peachy gummie.
This smells just great to me. Pretty leaves too – longer pieces of dark leaves intermixed with some green leaf pieces.
I steeped the tea with approximately 95*C water (my thermometer broke baawwwh) for 2 minutes (about..). I am realizing I should really watch my steeping times and get a thermometer asap, but I’m just enjoying the taste of tea again.

Speaking of taste – YUMMooo This is almost better than watching my neighbours try to mow their giant, steeply slanted hill. .. Back to it – so this tea tastes like absolutely wonderful fuzzy peach juice. I wonder what this would taste like iced? I bet heavenly. It has a very nice color to it as well which reminds me of roasted peaches. Slight creaminess on the tongue, but very subtle. It almost reminds me of peach sorbet.

Personally, I love this tea 100X’s more than Long Life Oolong.. but maybe I should give that one another shot. They seem like they should compete.. both oolongs, both peachy.

Azzrian

I really liked this too. AND I am looking for a good peach…maybe I should try to get my hands on more of this soon.

Lynne-tea

You should! I find it to be just like a fuzzy peach drink, but not too sweet.

Azzrian

Soon. Slowing down for a bit – need to recover from past spending and a not so great income month :) Its on the list though!

Lynne-tea

Haha ahh yes. I am in the same situation. Tea spending is sneaky like that.

SNOWSTORM NEMO SAMPLING DAY

I got this sample from Itachi. Thanks Itachi!

The oolong base in this gets a little lost. HOWEVER, the fruit flavors are wonderful. It tastes like a tropical cocktail! I LOVE this tea and put it on my shopping list.

Aimee Popovacki

hahaha i tried this one by mistake and ended up in the hospital because i had to stab myself with an epi pen due to the mango… BUT I LOVED IT!

Mmmm, a peachy flavour with a hint of something else. Nom. I have no idea what a kombucha is or what it tastes like, but if this tea is an example of it, sign me up? I love sipping this one with a dash of agave. And it doesn’t matter, hot or cold, it is always delightful.

fleurdelily

I just googled ‘kombucha’, and it’s probably best if you DON’T know what it is…. ugh! wow, learn something new every day…. glad this stuff tastes good though… hopefully nothing too scarey in it….. hopefully….. for some reason, the Adams family comes to mind…. hey! here’s a great tea for Halloween!

Erin

I also love it, and will NOT google it lol I’ve never tried this with Agave, maybe I will give it a go. I usually add Milk to mine.

enjoy_the_pure

I prefer stevia to agave anytime

dee

real kombucha isn’t bad! the only freaky part is its a type of fungus, but it’s supposed to be really good for you if you drink it. helps with digestion and stuff… it IS a pain to make and it has a little alcohol in it because it “brews” for a few days. :P

aisling of tea

XD I’m with fleurdelily, I liked this tea until I looked up what Kombucha was and it…yeah. Now all I can think of is that and so now I can’t drink the tea anymore >.<

Tina S.

Aisling, yogurt is made very similiarly . . . just think of it as a yogurt?

enjoy_the_pure – Stevia is one of two sweeteners on my “avoid if at all possible” list. It does funny things to my body similar to aspertame, and I really don’t like how it tastes. :( That’s why I adore the agave, it’s delicious, and I only need a little of it.

Tasty!!
and guess what? I finally scratched some of that toasty oolong itch :)
Now, it was a little fruity to really rub out the craving, but a nice start! I love that the tea was sweet and tart all at once. I definitely got a “tropical fruit” flavour in there, and I think I can pinpoint the mango, and maybe even the pineapple but I’m probably just imagining that.
Anyhow, I found this quite enjoyable. Oh and bonus! I managed to keep the bag for a second steep even though this was an in store cuppa purchase :P
—the second steep was just as fruity, roasty, and flavourful as the first though maybe a tad lighter in a way that detracted nothing from the taste at all. In fact, I think I rather enjoyed the second steep more, since the first was a touch thick.
If I didn’t know for a fact that there are other oolongs for me to love out there, I would consider buying me a supply of this for the house.
One other thing: in a strange way, this almost reminds me of Forbidden Fruit. Am I the only tea-freak getting that???

Kittenna

I am getting serious Forbidden Fruit memories too!!

Indigobloom

yay, proof that I’m not crazy! (entirely that is)

Okay, I love eating the little pinapple pieces out of the tin.

Aside from the pineapple pieces, I love the overall flavour of this tea. Its fruityness is quite strong and powerful, but not too overpowering. And the dry smell is soooo good. One morning I accedentally left the lid open, and when I came home from school my entire kitchen smelled like this tea. It was quite exciting.

CHAroma

Uh oh! Exciting? Aren’t you afraid it’s gone stale?

Drunk From Tea

Well obviously it didnt considering i had a perfect cup of it this morning…

I’ve had this one in my collection for a while, and am finally getting around to logging it/sipping down what I had left. It was given to me by a friend who thought it would be something that I would enjoy. Sadly, I wish I could say I liked it more than I do. It is playing study buddy tonight as I finish a term paper, but secretly I wish I had just brewed up my old late night friend the Skinny. Happy to be done the bag though as tomorrow the new teas come out and I have some nice space in my cupboard now :)

This was neat – it smelled like jolly ranchers loose but had a decently subtle taste when I brewed it up.
It only had a mild kombucha bite to it, and the oolong didn’t sing to me but somehow I still liked this. I’m backlogging so I am sure I’m forgetting a lot of what made this great. Suffice it to say I enjoyed it.

I like the long life oolong better. It’s good but not great.

Boiling