Momo Oolong Super Grade

Fruit Oolong Blend
Peach
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “This is such a delicious oolong. I had the first peach of the season this morning that I got from Whole Foods last night. Delightful. I love all the summer fruit. Yesterday before I left the...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2306 tasting notes
  • “The only hot tea I have brewed up currently, another sample from *Azzrian*! Thrilled that it's another pouchong blend, as I loved Mandarin Silk from the Persimmon Tree. Aroma is definitely...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2225 tasting notes
  • “This comes to me from *Jennkay*--thank you! It smells peachy as it brews, but decidedly like a white peach and not a yellow one. The taste is even better than the smell: oh my goodness! It's a very...” Read full tasting note
    bluebelle 407 tasting notes
  • “Thanks Azzrian! I just may be the last Steepster to try this (ok...maybe not...but there have been TONS of others!) This is wonderful! It really hits the spot today! It's gently floral and...” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes

From Lupicia

Savor the succulent flavor and aroma of Japanese white peach in this Taiwanese pouchong blend accented with pink rose petals.

The noble sweetness of Japanese white peach, with its fresh and subtle flavour, is justly matched with a superior grade Taiwanese Oolong. An aromatic and refreshing blend that is extremely soft on the palate.

About Lupicia View company

Lately I’ve been drinking this tea using my new Libre tea mug. I just put the leaves in the bottem part, put the lid with the strainer on, and drink, keeping the leaves in the tea. It never seems to get bitter and is surprisingly good this way.

Russ Goerend

Do you have a link to the mug you referenced?

fcmonroe

Hope this helps some!

Stephanie

I bought the Libre Tea Mug because of this post! :) It’s a gorgeous mug, but sadly it leaks! I’ve emailed them and hopefully they’ll send me something to fix it.

tina

They dont ship to australia. I really want one. I got an eight cranes one instead and the bottom fell of the day it arrived.

The scent of this tea is incredible! It’s all about peaches… still fuzzy, very ripe, juicy (maybe sweetened) peaches! P-E-A-C-H-E-S. Really, I feel like I’m sitting in a nice bin of plump peachy fruit! There is a bit of green oolong in the background, but that doesn’t overshadow the fruit at all.

The taste is a tiny bit disappointing. It’s not that the peach isn’t there, it’s just that the scent had me expecting that I would be bombarded with it. The peach is more in the background and the oolong pulls to the front. The oolong is rich and full – tasty on its own. I find that most of the peach is at the end of the sip. The finish is juicy, sweet and tart just like the real fruit!

What I also enjoy about this tea is that it seems to be natural and clean. It doesn’t seem artificial in the slightest. Thank you Will Work For Tea for giving me the opportunity to enjoy this tea! I’ll have to place an order with Lupicia soon!

WOW! This tea is one of a kind IMO. I bought the limited edition tin because I thought it was cute (I have a thing for cute tins LOL) and just hoped that I would like it enough to make all of the tea that came with it, since I normally will buy a sample or a small sized pouch first to “taste test it”. Anyways, I am so glad I got this in the larger amount! I opened it up and smelled it and it smelled like a fresh, juicy peach and a bit of sugared rose petals to just give it that extra exquisiteness. This is the perfect balance of flavors, the oolong tastes very good and the peach tastes 100% natural and the bit of the sugary rose is subtle and nice compliment to the fruit to give it that extra oomph! This will be one of my “must have this tea on hand at all times”! Also, I had this hot and I can hardly wait to try it iced as I am sure it will be even better! I think I will go ahead and order another pouch of this now to have on hand as back up…I can see myself making pitchers of this iced for summer!

Dru Bramlett

They totally got me with the tin, too!

Welp, officially I have had enough peach tea for now.

I was really excited for this one. It smells great, it looks pretty.

I don’t really care for this…I far preferred black tea Momo. It started out great, but as it cooled it just became far too subtle. I mean like barely that cool, it started to just taste like pouchong. Nothing wrong with pouchong but it’s not juicy peaches.

I have higher hopes for Momoko being more to my liking.

I have to say I’m very confused about my former tasting notes regarding this tea. They’re like ghost notes – only half-materialized; stuck in the past. Why did I brew this at 79C, does it say that on the bag? I’m too lazy to go look right now. Probably, but that has to be Lupicia’s only oolong exception. And why didn’t I ever write a longer first tasting note?

This tea just sort of snuck in there and because I love the Momoko (green) and the oolongs, it just seemed reasonable I would love this equally, so I never really bothered figuring it out. However, after living a Lupicia oolong orgy fantasy for the past week or so, it’s impossible to appreciate this one as much. It’s a lovely tea, fruity and well-balanced, but it lacks personality, complexity and intensity.

Sorry, Momo – I still love you, only five points less than before.

I wondering why all of the Lupicia teas I got, they all state boiling water to steep. To make it easy to steep?

I tried this tea at 190, and the oolong base is much nicer here – light, silky and not grassy, with a light peach and rose background. Though, I think I could steep this longer than the 3 minutes I did – I got really impatient for breakfast and tea.

This is definitely one of Lupicia’s best… and while I like so many of their teas that it would be difficult for me to choose a favorite, this would definitely make the top 5 list!

Deliciously peachy, rich and smooth flavor. Very nectar-like. The Oolong has a creamy back note with a hint of vegetation. Sweet and absolutely lovely!

This is freaking delicious! I’ve been meaning to try this one, and recently received a sample from my mom. It smells like peach and milky oolong, but the taste is like straight peach juice from a can of peaches. I like how thirst quenching it is too! Mmmm! Like most oolongs, it resteeps nicely. Next time I’m in Lupicia, I’ll be sure to get some!

This was another sample I ordered from Rachel.

Made this hot, had a few sips, and iced the rest.
This is a very juicy tea, and the aroma of the leaves, both before and after steeping, is really pleasant and light. It is most definitely peachy – but it also has some floral notes from the rose petals that are blended in. Normally I really don’t like floral teas – I find that they remind me of drinking perfume. This is a very happy exception.

The few hot sips that I had were extremely juicy and flavorful, and since I used my whole sample on them, I decided just to take my chances and throw it into the fridge. I knew that from the reviews here and my own tasting (and the fact it got up to 90 today), I would love this iced.

It is so perfect for summer iced tea that I promptly went on Lupicia’s website and am in the midst of placing an order. Summers are long and hot here, people, and this tea is going to be one of the ways I make due.

RachanaC (Rachel)-iHeartTeas

I am glad you enjoyed this one. It is delicious! It is great that you knew you liked this before ordering. It truly helps when you can sample first.

RachanaC (Rachel)-iHeartTeas

Can I just suggest that if you are tring to stock up on teas that taste great iced then you may want to try 52Teas Watermelon Raspberry Green Tea and Kitchen Sink (Better than the way it sounds LOL) I have a limited supply on iHeartTeas.com if this doesn’t interest you then please ignore my comment. No pressure just a thought. :-)

JoonSusanna

Hi Rachel – I was super excited to see that you were working with Frank – but unfortunately I’m not a fan of anything melon, or raspberry, so the green tea is a bust for me. :( But I’ll be watching your teatra.de site and here if you get any different blends!

RachanaC (Rachel)-iHeartTeas

No worries. Sounds good to me. I should have something new by the end of next week. :)

YAY a peach tea I don’t hate! I adore height of summer peaches and am always bummed how brief a window they’re REALLY good, transcendently James and the Giant Peach-level succulent with that titillating perfume-y musk going on, and this is pretty impressive at capturing that. The next time I get grouchy about the lack of good peaches available I’ll need to remember I have this.