White Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by moraiwe

• “I'm finding that I like toffee and butterscotch better with white bases then black. They're kind of buttery and almost too delicate to go that way. I think the base in this is slightly buttery and...” Read full tasting note
    moraiwe 598 tasting notes
  • “From the Great Canadian TTB. I made this one to take shopping. I was not Black Friday shopping, I had a few things to pick up for tomorrow, but I got caught in the Black Friday hoards. However,...” Read full tasting note
    Lala1 709 tasting notes
  • “I was very excited for the new Persimmon Tree teas to come out (and try!) and Butterscotch looked the coolest of the new line up! The white tea base is nice, adding lightness to the butterscotch...” Read full tasting note
    awkwardsoul 937 tasting notes
  • “Butterscotch from The Persimmon Tree is really a good interesting tea blend. It seems to be more on the scotch side than the butter. For a candy inspired tea it really is not that sweet, or candy...” Read full tasting note
    azzrian 807 tasting notes

From The Persimmon Tree Tea Company

Now available as a delectable tea-time treat, our Butterscotch brew takes the buttery goodness of butterscotch and lightens it up into a white tea infusion. Taste the classic favorite of butterscotch in an fresh brew that smoothly and lightly dances down your throat.

Organic White Tea Leaves, Organic Cinnamon, Organic Pink Peppercorn, Organic Merigolds, Organic Flavors

About The Persimmon Tree Tea Company View company

Holy cow, this is SUPER butterscotch! Like, most butterscotch teas taste like tea with a bit of butterscotch. This tastes like butterscotch with a bit of tea, particularly if you sweeten it at all! Awesome to have for a dessert cup…or first thing in the morning like I did.

I like flavored white tea I just don’t have the patients to make it the correct way. For this one I kind of did, I had left over boiling water that had cooled maybe more than it should but I used it any ways. I also let it steep about 10 or more minutes because I forgot about it. It was yummy light smooth butterscotch. I did not taste the tea much, maybe because the water was not hot enough. I could see it tasting more like the candy if I added a little bit of sugar but I really enjoyed it without so I didn’t mess with it.

I have had one of Those days. I spent an extra four hours at work even though I was dead tired from shooting a concert the night before (and my shift started at 6 am which meant being up 4:45. Yuck.) and nursing a headcold. And now I’m home with a lot of photos to edit. So yes, I need a treat.

This is a light, buttery blend. I’m not going to lie, it might be a little too light for me. I’ll have to steep this a little longer next time. I am getting the scotch taste that I’m sure could be brought out more with a longer steep. It provides a nice contrast to the buttery flavour. And I’m also picking up some of the sweet caramel notes once every few sips.

keychange

Ugh. I hope you can get some rest soon.

Bianca G.

thank you! I figure I have about an hour or so of editing/publishing then I’m crawling into bed.

keychange

Sounds like a plan!

This tea smells very much like sweet butterscotch candy, which is deceiving since it did not taste overly sweet. It was good, but I think I may add some rock sugar next time and see how it comes out. I used 1.5 teaspoons and will not adjust it for the next cup. I have only tried a couple of white teas in the past and like how light they are. This is no exception.

This smells yummy and very strong. Thankfully, the butterscotch flavor is subtle and not overpowering. I can get a hint of it, but it’s more a “something extra” on top of the tea. Not my favorite flavored tea, but passable.