Fujian Xiao Zhong, Vanilla Bean, Yunnan Dian Hong
Chocolate, Cocoa, Smooth, Vanilla, Cream, Sweet, Caramel, Graham, Stonefruits, Toasted Rice, Peat, Fruity, Malt, Dark Chocolate, Cherry, Pepper, Honey, Apricot, Creamy, Baked Bread, Graham Cracker, Nutty
High
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

Available from 1 seller.

3 Images

From Whispering Pines Tea Company

About the Tea
Pure decadence, this black tea blend is packed full of deep creamy cocoa notes! My goal for this tea was to bring the ice cream shop on Mackinac Island into your cup! I began with North Winds – our black tea with dessert notes inspired by the island’s famous fudge. The next step was to seek out the highest quality vanilla beans in the world, hand chop them and blend them into the base tea. Blended with a careful hand and the utmost respect for letting all of the flavors shine, this tea exceeds all expectations!

Golden Orchid carries a rich and exceedingly smooth body with a perfectly balanced flavor profile. Unlike many other vanilla black teas, our base tea shines through the vanilla, creating a mouthwatering synthesis of bold and smooth dessert notes. While the vanilla is noticible by the trained palette, it does more than just add the depth of vanilla notes. Our premium (grade A) vanilla beans sourced from the island of Madagascar accentuate the deep fudge and cocoa notes of the base tea as well as add a thick creamy aspect to the tea, reminiscent of masterfully-crafted dark chocolate. The fruity notes of the tea are ever present, too, with light notes of plum and a mouthwatering layer of dark-chocolate covered Michigan cherries! This tea extends far past the last drop, with the flavor of melted chocolate and sweet vanilla lingering for hours. We recommend enjoying Golden Orchid with shortbread cookies or breakfast pastry’s for the ultimate experience. Click here for our gluten-free shortbread recipe!

Over time, the tea will absorb the vanilla notes and smooth out. We recommend drinking this tea once or twice a week to taste the way it transforms over time. Also note that mixing up the tea prior to scooping out your desired amount of leaf is recommended due to the tendency of the vanilla beans to sink to the bottom of the bag. Enjoy!

Notes
Fudge
Dark Chocolate
Dried Cherries
Vanilla
Pluot
Honey
Malt

How to brew the perfect cup:
Steep 1/2 tablespoon of leaves
in 8 ounces of boiling water
for 3 minutes.

2nd infusion: 5 minutes
3rd infusion: 8 minutes

Black Tea (Yunnan Dian Hong, Fujian Black Tea)
Organic Vanilla Beans

Caffeine Content
High

About Whispering Pines Tea Company View company

Okay, for all of you that have ordered this tea in the past and loved it, please beware…you may not want to read this for the sake of your wallets.

Now shipping with Grade A Madagascar vanilla beans. The level of depth and richness in this is beyond words…but I tried :)

Notes

Looking Forward to it :)

TheTeaFairy

Can’t.wait.for.this.to.be.in.my.cupboard.

Ost

That just sounds amazing…ugh..need to wait to buy it though. >< Why must self-control be so hard!? >< Oy.

Veronica

It sounds fantastic!

MzPriss

Ive already ordered mine…

Whispering Pines Tea Company

Everyone that has ordered Port or Golden Orchid and has NOT received a shipping confirmation email yet will be receiving their teas with the new vanilla! :)

Memily

I just went to add this to my wish list and it was already on there. GIMME.

Cavocorax

I’m so glad I ordered 2 oz! I just had a sample before. :D

Whispering Pines Tea Company

:D so excited to hear what people think about it with the new vanilla! I think theres a HUGE difference!

I absolutely love Brendan’s North Winds and this is it with Vanilla in the mix, what a wonderful creation.
Notes of Smooth Chocolate and Creamy Vanilla are just OMG so good, If you are a fan of North Winds you will prolly like this one alot too.
The Vanilla in this one is just amazing, it is the perfect compliment to the dark chocolate and malty notes that this tea carries, it makes for a very smooth creamy sweet delight.
Brenden mentions an Ice Cream shop on Mackinac Island in his description on this one, tho I have never been in that particular shop, I have to say that he hit the mark with that statement.
When you walk into an Ice Cream Shop and you get a whiff of the Vanilla ice cream they are making in the back combined with the sweet scents that you get from the other ice creams and candies, you can very easily compare that to the aromas that you get from this one. That is a very comforting and welcoming aroma that just makes you feel good.
The taste OMG totally matches the aroma, what you smell is what you actually taste and that is a wonderful thing that don’t happen often enough.
As I’m writing this I’m sipping and trying to think of more write but alls i can think is “oh Vanilla, you are so good to me”
It’s amazing how good the Vanilla in this tea is, this is no nasty vanilla flavoring that leaves a funky film in your mouth, it is real and clean and creamy sweet goodness that you only get from real Vanilla Beans.
I can’t say enough good things about this one, it is delicious to me just like Brenden’s other blends I just can’t get enough.

Oh Yeah, after the tea is steeped out the Vanilla keeps going, very interesting and very good :)

I’ll be order lots of this one for as long as it is available :)

Thomas Edward(Toad)

Oh Yeah, Also check out Brendan’s Port Tea also, another Whispering Pines Teas with more Vanilla goodness.

Kirkoneill1988

im going to try some someday

QueenOfTarts

This sounds so tasty!

A smooth chocolatey mouthfeel with strong notes of cocoa and hints of vanilla interwoven throughout from start to finish – for anyone searching for a premium flavoured black tea :)

Flavors: Chocolate, Cocoa, Smooth, Vanilla

Alright – my first Whispering Pines order, which I got during the Cyber Monday deal.

I love a good black tea. A good, malty black tea and some vanilla notes is even more up my alley, and the smell of the steeped leaf (mostly malty, potatoey yunnan notes) and steeped tea (mostly vanilla, but so much vanilla it’s almost chocolate…has this happened to anyone before?) is really promising.

I followed the parameters recommended on the bag, so 1.5 tsp., 3 minutes and 200 degree water. The first tasting impressions I’m getting are a very creamy vanilla/chocolate combination. Not so much black tea at this point, but I have the rest of the cup to go to find that. :)

As it cools the malty notes peek out in the scent of the steeped tea, but I still mostly pick up chocolate and vanilla in the flavor. I may try some milk just to see if I can tease out a little something different…and, no. This cup is just meant to be those two flavors for me.

I agree that this is a lovely winter sipping tea – and I definitely prefer it without anything added, after trying it both ways. I’m not as wowed as others seem to be though. I’ll enjoy what I have, for sure, and I like it fine, but as of right now it doesn’t rank as a must-have.

Flavors: Cocoa, Cream, Sweet, Vanilla

200 °F / 93 °C 3 min, 15 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML
looseTman

IMHO, GO is an excellent desert tea. It’s not a robust malty breakfast tea.

Cathy Zheng

I found that this one took some time to grow on me, and then I became obssessed

MzPriss

My favorite.

This is a very tasty tea and just the sort of tea I needed after the passing of my cat. I hope my apartment complex management lets me get another cat. They allowed Pandora fifteen years ago. In this tea I get the notes of chocolate and stonefruits and of course the vanilla. Also in the steepster description are caramel, graham cracker, and toasted rice. These also seem to be there but less so. There is also a bit of malt. Malt can be a flavor that I don’t like in tea but here it is mild.

I brewed this once in an 18oz teapot with 3 tsp leaf and 200 degree water for 3 min.

Flavors: Caramel, Chocolate, Graham, Stonefruits, Toasted Rice, Vanilla

boychik

So glad you like it Allan. Welcome to the club of lovers of GO !

My Whispering Pines order came in! YAAAAAY. :)
This is the first one I tried, because it sounded so good and smelled SO amazing. Oh man, it tastes amazing too. Chocolatey, creamy, malty deliciousness in a cup. YUM.

Flavors: Chocolate

200 °F / 93 °C 3 min, 0 sec 2 g 10 OZ / 295 ML
Tabby

I really need to place an order with these guys. They’ve been so popular lately!

Very rich. Absolutely perfect to curl up with on a cold day.

I sip it slowly — savoring the delicate color and aroma. It is especially great when I am stressed and need to slow down

4 min, 45 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Oh my… with milk added to the cup, this tastes exactly like chocolate malted milk candy.

Smooth, rich and creamy and velvety – so good!

A super delicious vanilla tea!!

TeaTiff

Ha, I never thought to add milk to this one.

caile

hehe, I love milk in black tea so usually will add it. Really good in this!

I just got my first order of Golden Orchid in the mail today. I was dying to see what the highest rated tea on Steepster was like. My first impression is that it is very complex. I got more of a chocolate aroma and a lingering vanilla aftertaste. This is a tea that I don’t think I could get tired of, unlike so many others.

Flavors: Chocolate, Peat, Vanilla