Fujian Xiao Zhong, Organic Vanilla Beans, Yunnan Dian Hong
Edit tea info Last updated by Whispering Pines Tea Company
Boiling 2 min, 30 sec 14 oz / 414 ml

• “**About the Tea** Pure decadence, this black tea blend is packed full of heady vanilla and creamy cocoa notes! My goal for this tea was to bring the ice cream shop on Mackinac Island into your...” Read full tasting note
    whisperingpinestea 44 tasting notes
  • “I absolutely love Brendan's North Winds and this is it with Vanilla in the mix, what a wonderful creation. Notes of Smooth Chocolate and Creamy Vanilla are just OMG so good, If you are a fan of...” Read full tasting note
    toadman208 410 tasting notes
  • “I can't describe the individual flavor notes from this tea just yet, but overall, it's very smooth and rich with deep flavors. It's storming rain outside, and this tea seems like the perfect drink...” Read full tasting note
    Katiek 6 tasting notes
  • “this is from my first whispering pines tea order... first tea from my first order! i held out trying this blend until today for A REASON!!!!! the semester is OVER! insert soaring freedom music of...” Read full tasting note
    JustJames 342 tasting notes

From Whispering Pines Tea Company

About the Tea
Pure decadence, this black tea blend is packed full of heady vanilla and creamy cocoa notes! My goal for this tea was to bring the ice cream shop on Mackinac Island into your cup! I began with North Winds – our black tea with dessert notes inspired by the island’s famous fudge. The next step was to hand chop vanilla beans with an ulu and blend them into the base tea. Once finished, we have the final product — a purely blissful black tea blend with the most beautiful smooth vanilla and chocolate notes!

Golden Orchid carries a medium-dark body with a perfectly balanced flavor profile. Unlike other vanilla black teas, our base tea shines through the vanilla, creating a mouthwatering synthesis of bold and smooth dessert notes. We recommend enjoying Golden Orchid with shortbread cookies or breakfast pastry’s for the ultimate experience. Click here for our gluten-free shortbread recipe!

Over time, the tea will absorb the vanilla notes and smooth out. We recommend drinking this tea once or twice a week to taste the way it transforms over time. Also note that mixing up the tea prior to scooping out your desired amount of leaf is recommended due to the tendency of the vanilla beans to sink to the bottom of the bag. Enjoy!

Notes

in 8 ounces of boiling water
for 3 minutes.

2nd infusion: 5 minutes
3rd infusion: 8 minutes

Black Tea (Yunnan Dian Hong, Fujian Black Tea)
Organic Vanilla Beans

Caffeine Content

About Whispering Pines Tea Company View company

About the Tea
Pure decadence, this black tea blend is packed full of heady vanilla and creamy cocoa notes! My goal for this tea was to bring the ice cream shop on Mackinac Island into your cup! I began with North Winds – our black tea with dessert notes inspired by the island’s famous fudge. The next step was to add freshly chopped organic vanilla beans from the vanilla orchid to the tea and allow it to cure. Over time, the tea will absorb the vanilla notes and become a much smoother blend. Once finished, we have the final product — a purely blissful black tea blend with the most beautiful vanilla and chocolate notes!

Notes

8th infusion: 10 minutes

Organic Vanilla Beans

Caffeine Content
High

I absolutely love Brendan’s North Winds and this is it with Vanilla in the mix, what a wonderful creation.
Notes of Smooth Chocolate and Creamy Vanilla are just OMG so good, If you are a fan of North Winds you will prolly like this one alot too.
The Vanilla in this one is just amazing, it is the perfect compliment to the dark chocolate and malty notes that this tea carries, it makes for a very smooth creamy sweet delight.
Brenden mentions an Ice Cream shop on Mackinac Island in his description on this one, tho I have never been in that particular shop, I have to say that he hit the mark with that statement.
When you walk into an Ice Cream Shop and you get a whiff of the Vanilla ice cream they are making in the back combined with the sweet scents that you get from the other ice creams and candies, you can very easily compare that to the aromas that you get from this one. That is a very comforting and welcoming aroma that just makes you feel good.
The taste OMG totally matches the aroma, what you smell is what you actually taste and that is a wonderful thing that don’t happen often enough.
As I’m writing this I’m sipping and trying to think of more write but alls i can think is “oh Vanilla, you are so good to me”
It’s amazing how good the Vanilla in this tea is, this is no nasty vanilla flavoring that leaves a funky film in your mouth, it is real and clean and creamy sweet goodness that you only get from real Vanilla Beans.
I can’t say enough good things about this one, it is delicious to me just like Brenden’s other blends I just can’t get enough.

Oh Yeah, after the tea is steeped out the Vanilla keeps going, very interesting and very good :)

I’ll be order lots of this one for as long as it is available :)

Tommy the Toad

Oh Yeah, Also check out Brendan’s Port Tea also, another Whispering Pines Teas with more Vanilla goodness.

Kirkoneill1988

im going to try some someday

QueenOfTarts

This sounds so tasty!

I can’t describe the individual flavor notes from this tea just yet, but overall, it’s very smooth and rich with deep flavors. It’s storming rain outside, and this tea seems like the perfect drink to counteract the weather. All I need is a good book and down blanket and this tea to cuddle up and avoid the rain.

this is from my first whispering pines tea order… first tea from my first order! i held out trying this blend until today for A REASON!!!!!

the semester is OVER! insert soaring freedom music of your choice….. but only for three weeks, lol.

must admit, it was quite awesome- i changed my status on FB re the exam and who should inquire about how it went down? Brenden… the owner of whispering pines, lol.

saving this as my celebratory tea was a good call. dry it smells like vanilla chocolate ice cream. malt, but not the bitey kind. the base is a very deep chocolate- not a cacao, certainly not a milk. very smooth. vanilla is the first taste and surprisingly honey is the last!

superb. a gorgeous tea. brenden says it resteeps brilliantly…. i’m off to do that now =0)

Boiling 3 min, 15 sec 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML
Courtney

Freedom! YES. I have two weeks of exams to survive, then a week off before spring term haha. :P

JustJames

you too? we must be connected. we shall commiserate! i just need to get it done before another distraction creeps up. spring compression classes= no fun, but it also means i’ve accomplished a pretty normal year even on a disabled student course load. yippee!

Courtney

Yay! Haha I overloaded my courses the last two terms, which was hellish, but it means I’m closer to this degree being complete. Yes! I will fully enjoy my few days off before spring for sure. :)

JustJames

we should be friends on FB…. we can whine to one another when exams roll around, lol.

ifjuly

yay! phew, congrats on the end of the semester.

this one sounds so amazing. one of these days i’m going to spring for some!

gmathis

Happy Independence Day! I keep an MP3 of the Hallelujah Chorus on my computer for hitting “SEND” on a writing assignment.

JustJames

gmathis…. you are Wonderful. =0)

ifjuly- it’s lovely… i can see you loving it. like a vanilla hued black lotus.

mmmm… blissful sigh