Fujian Xiao Zhong, Vanilla Bean, Yunnan Dian Hong
Chocolate, Honey, Sweet, Earth, Smooth, Vanilla, Brown Toast, Malt, Creamy, Cocoa, Cream, Caramel, Graham, Stonefruits, Toasted Rice, Peat, Fruity, Dark Chocolate, Cherry, Pepper, Apricot, Baked Bread, Graham Cracker, Nutty
High
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

Available from 1 seller.

3 Images

From Whispering Pines Tea Company

About the Tea
Pure decadence, this black tea blend is packed full of deep creamy cocoa notes! My goal for this tea was to bring the ice cream shop on Mackinac Island into your cup! I began with North Winds – our black tea with dessert notes inspired by the island’s famous fudge. The next step was to seek out the highest quality vanilla beans in the world, hand chop them and blend them into the base tea. Blended with a careful hand and the utmost respect for letting all of the flavors shine, this tea exceeds all expectations!

Golden Orchid carries a rich and exceedingly smooth body with a perfectly balanced flavor profile. Unlike many other vanilla black teas, our base tea shines through the vanilla, creating a mouthwatering synthesis of bold and smooth dessert notes. While the vanilla is noticible by the trained palette, it does more than just add the depth of vanilla notes. Our premium (grade A) vanilla beans sourced from the island of Madagascar accentuate the deep fudge and cocoa notes of the base tea as well as add a thick creamy aspect to the tea, reminiscent of masterfully-crafted dark chocolate. The fruity notes of the tea are ever present, too, with light notes of plum and a mouthwatering layer of dark-chocolate covered Michigan cherries! This tea extends far past the last drop, with the flavor of melted chocolate and sweet vanilla lingering for hours. We recommend enjoying Golden Orchid with shortbread cookies or breakfast pastry’s for the ultimate experience. Click here for our gluten-free shortbread recipe!

Over time, the tea will absorb the vanilla notes and smooth out. We recommend drinking this tea once or twice a week to taste the way it transforms over time. Also note that mixing up the tea prior to scooping out your desired amount of leaf is recommended due to the tendency of the vanilla beans to sink to the bottom of the bag. Enjoy!

Notes
Fudge
Dark Chocolate
Dried Cherries
Vanilla
Pluot
Honey
Malt

How to brew the perfect cup:
Steep 1/2 tablespoon of leaves
in 8 ounces of boiling water
for 3 minutes.

2nd infusion: 5 minutes
3rd infusion: 8 minutes

Black Tea (Yunnan Dian Hong, Fujian Black Tea)
Organic Vanilla Beans

Caffeine Content
High

About Whispering Pines Tea Company View company

Okay, for all of you that have ordered this tea in the past and loved it, please beware…you may not want to read this for the sake of your wallets.

Now shipping with Grade A Madagascar vanilla beans. The level of depth and richness in this is beyond words…but I tried :)

Notes

Looking Forward to it :)

TheTeaFairy

Can’t.wait.for.this.to.be.in.my.cupboard.

Ost

That just sounds amazing…ugh..need to wait to buy it though. >

Veronica

It sounds fantastic!

MzPriss

Ive already ordered mine…

Whispering Pines Tea Company

Everyone that has ordered Port or Golden Orchid and has NOT received a shipping confirmation email yet will be receiving their teas with the new vanilla! :)

Memily

I just went to add this to my wish list and it was already on there. GIMME.

Cavocorax

I’m so glad I ordered 2 oz! I just had a sample before. :D

Whispering Pines Tea Company

:D so excited to hear what people think about it with the new vanilla! I think theres a HUGE difference!

I absolutely love Brendan’s North Winds and this is it with Vanilla in the mix, what a wonderful creation.
Notes of Smooth Chocolate and Creamy Vanilla are just OMG so good, If you are a fan of North Winds you will prolly like this one alot too.
The Vanilla in this one is just amazing, it is the perfect compliment to the dark chocolate and malty notes that this tea carries, it makes for a very smooth creamy sweet delight.
Brenden mentions an Ice Cream shop on Mackinac Island in his description on this one, tho I have never been in that particular shop, I have to say that he hit the mark with that statement.
When you walk into an Ice Cream Shop and you get a whiff of the Vanilla ice cream they are making in the back combined with the sweet scents that you get from the other ice creams and candies, you can very easily compare that to the aromas that you get from this one. That is a very comforting and welcoming aroma that just makes you feel good.
The taste OMG totally matches the aroma, what you smell is what you actually taste and that is a wonderful thing that don’t happen often enough.
As I’m writing this I’m sipping and trying to think of more write but alls i can think is “oh Vanilla, you are so good to me”
It’s amazing how good the Vanilla in this tea is, this is no nasty vanilla flavoring that leaves a funky film in your mouth, it is real and clean and creamy sweet goodness that you only get from real Vanilla Beans.
I can’t say enough good things about this one, it is delicious to me just like Brenden’s other blends I just can’t get enough.

Oh Yeah, after the tea is steeped out the Vanilla keeps going, very interesting and very good :)

I’ll be order lots of this one for as long as it is available :)

Thomas Edward(Toad)

Oh Yeah, Also check out Brendan’s Port Tea also, another Whispering Pines Teas with more Vanilla goodness.

Kirkoneill1988

im going to try some someday

QueenOfTarts

This sounds so tasty!

I taste this tea mainly with my tongue and the roof of my mouth. It feels somehow like there are rows of complexity between the two (which is perhaps my breath). My tongue tastes sweetness, while the breath and roof carry a light bitterness.

I definitely taste chocolate, but it feels more balanced than other chocolaty teas. A milk chocolate with a small amount of sweetener, or maybe white chocolate. Usually I take time enjoying my tea, but this one was gone before it even got a chance to cool off.

Flavors: Chocolate, Honey, Sweet

200 °F / 93 °C 3 min, 15 sec 2 g 8 OZ / 236 ML

Possibly due to the fact that I haven’t had any tea in 4-5 months except bad restaurant iced tea, but this tastes thinner than I was expecting.

Still good though. Because I am going to have to readjust to bitterness levels of tea, I added more sweetener than normal but otherwise enjoyed.

Definitely vanilla with chocolate and I’m enjoying the fujian notes I’m getting. Weird taste in the back of my throat after swallowing though.

OMGsrsly

There is a tea event “Finer Palate of Tea” in Vancouver March 15, FYI

cookies

Starfevre! Glad to see you around these parts.

welcome back!

Starfevre

Hi OMG, cookies, and Sil. Probably won’t make it to Vancouver. I’ve been there once so far in the 10 years I’ve lived here and it was…stressful, to say the least. I have a ‘getting lost’ phobia and my google maps doesn’t work in Canada…

MissB

Here. It’s a great app, and you don’t need WiFi or maps active to use it. Has worked in every city and country I’ve visited in the past four months (which is a surprising large number). Regardless, welcome back!

Kaylee

Welcome back!

Cheri

Star!!! Good to see you back!!!!

Starfevre

Correction, it worked on the way to my hotel, but navigating the city and getting home were incredibly stressful.

Cheri, you at least know what I’ve been up to, because you’re on my Facebook!

Goodness, this is lovely.

I ordered this a while back after seeing all of the positive reviews. It was expensive, but well worth the price in my opinion.

The vanilla is more subtle than other vanilla teas I’ve had recently, but I quite like that. It’s creamy and kind of sweet with an amazing black tea base. Just what I needed. I’m so glad I decided to give it a try.

The only sad thing is that it’s now 11:30 p.m., so I can’t drink more without worrying that the caffeine will keep me up. I’m sure I’ll have several more cups tomorrow.

Flavors: Chocolate, Earth, Smooth, Sweet, Vanilla

3 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

This tea is gorgeous! Smells sweet and fudgy and tastes like chocolate milk! I didn’t taste a lot of vanilla, mostly got a chocolate milk with a hint of chocolate chip banana bread? Anyways, it lives up to its hype! After reading some comments, I’ve realized that the vanilla may have drifted to the bottom. I will shake the bag up a bit and try again.

My initial impressions of this tea is in the aroma. The smell of the whole leaves smells a lot like sweets, and smell very sweet. After steeping, the dry leaves and the tea liquor smelled a lot like the packages I get for my vitamin C. It smelled a lot like fruit. Exotic fruits.

One of the best black teas I have had but the shipping was very slow. Will order again soon when I return home though.

So creamy! Can I have this tea instead of whipped cream on a cake? Thinking about it, Golden Orchid is a potentially awesome Valentines day tea – lots of creamy and sweet notes. There are toasted asian milk bread, chocolate and malt too! Very smooth and thick texture, with some dryness 3 infusions later. Yep, this tea can resteep very well and keep the vanilla flavor – huge edge over other tea blends!

Full review at Oolong Owl http://oolongowl.com/whispering-pines-teas-golden-orchid-tea-tea-review/

200 °F / 93 °C 3 min, 0 sec 2 g

I drank this morning while browsing my tealog. I noticed that I have yet to post a review of this tea. Whaaat? You know what they say, “If not now, when?”

I think there are certain teas that I have been avoiding doing a review for because I feel like I will not be able to express myself properly. And Golden Orchid is one of those teas. I have now tried a few other vanilla blacks and have been able to say what I meant just fine. When it comes to this tea, I mean, what can I say that hasn’t already been said?

Drinking this tea is like eating freshly made fudge with entire vanilla beans threaded through the middle, while wrapped in my softest and most fluffy blanket. The vanilla is lighter on the first steep while the next two become sweeter and sweeter. This is definitely a staple tea for me.

Flavors: Brown Toast, Chocolate, Vanilla

200 °F / 93 °C 3 min, 0 sec 4 g 16 OZ / 473 ML
TheLastDodo

Oh, and add a sleeping puppy in my lap to that visual :D

Mikumofu

What a delightful description! :)