Mmmm.

No sweet clue where this came from, but it’s another one I’ve had for ages, and some kind soul sent it to me when I first joined Steepster. If I had to guess, I’d put money on Sil but don’t quote me on that :)

Anyway, I’m trying really hard to go through my teas to make room for the massive quantity I’ve got coming from my relatives in the states when they visit in July (so far got orders from 3 different companies shipped to them, with plans for three more within the next month)….

Soooo I found this, and the idea of it intrigued me.

I’ve never heard of a “milk tea” before now!

I had the kettle boiled and on hold at 98 degrees C, so I decided to just go with that since this is a black tea.

It’s a bit astringent….next time I will go with the recommended 195 degrees. (F)

But, it’s really creamy and tasty! A nice black tea. Brewed up very rich and dark and clearly I had to add milk.

Not disappointed with this one! I’d probably want to own some!
AND….now I need recommendations for other milk teas to try….tea monster has been created.

Thanks to whoever sent me this back in the day!

Courtney

Ooh I haven’t heard of milk black either. Only milk oolong.

whatshesaid

It’s weird….flavored with evaporated milk! Which isn’t something I’d normally drink, but I bet if done right it would be even better than this one

Nxtdoor

Is this like a Hong Kong type of thing? 50% of the people at my work are from Hong Kong and they all drink this thing they call “milk tea”. When I inquired what that was, it really meant they put milk in their black tea. (Which is not as customary in other places as you might think)

whatshesaid

When I looked up “milk tea” on here a lot of the results seemed to be Asian (not to generalize, I just have no idea in the specific areas)…. So maybe?

Nicole

Isn’t Thai tea made with evaporated milk and sugar or sweetened condensed milk?

not me! ihaven’t tried this one yet haha

oh ok, my bad! sorry!

a tea you haven’t tried!?!?!?!? ;)

shhhhhhhhhhh don’t tell anyone!

Comments

Courtney

Ooh I haven’t heard of milk black either. Only milk oolong.

Nxtdoor

Nicole

Isn’t Thai tea made with evaporated milk and sugar or sweetened condensed milk?

not me! ihaven’t tried this one yet haha

oh ok, my bad! sorry!

a tea you haven’t tried!?!?!?!? ;)

shhhhhhhhhhh don’t tell anyone!

Hello!

Here’s what I love (or I did before, and am trying to again):

Harney and Sons Paris is my all time favorite tea.

Mariage Freres and Kusmi are also on my awesome list.

I love creamy earl greys.

Also have an appreciation of oolong.

I love swapping!

When I rate, it goes like this:

85 -100 = WIN! awesome, I love this and keep it on hand
70 – 85 = pretty darn good but I don’t NEED to own it
55 – 70 = not necessarily terrible but not a tea for me!

New Brunswick, Canada