drank Chocolate Chai by Chico Chai

Now this is a tasty chai! It’s a bit cloudy after brewing, however I find that the case anytime cacao is ground into a powder… think hot chocolate where the solids struggle to mix in properly. It’s sweet, has only a touch of heat, creamy, almost a honey-like quality to it, and then there’s the richness of the chocolate, which is definitely in the background yet still makes itself known in the feel and texture of the tea. Delicious!

Thank you JustJames for sharing this delightfully tiny little tin (about 4 tsp worth) so that I could try it.

Flavors: Chocolate, Cinnamon, Cream

200 °F / 93 °C 8 min or more 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

I own an obscene amount of tea, and am always happy to share. Just got back from a six month exploration of Western Europe, so I’ve got some pretty lovely tea that we just can’t easily find this side of the pond. Woot!

In addition to loving tea, I’m a dating columnist, nerd, and avid knitter. I read way too much, type even more, and spend my ‘free’ time exploring, playing board games, reading, hiking, hanging with friends.

Allergies: Strawberries and all grains. I’m having a mild allergic reaction to both lavender and some roses in tea, although for some reason the French seem to have figured out how to do this without making me ill. I also avoid sugar and Splenda where possible.

Burnaby, BC, Canada