Recently, I bought 50g of this which I’m splitting 50/50 with VariaTEA – I hadn’t tried it before, but she said I’d like it so I took the plunge since it was pretty affordable, and I’m not going to be stuck with a ton if I don’t.

At Tea Desire, in store, when you smell the teas they use this elaborate fan set up to waft the smell towards you (instead of smelling directly like you can at a DAVIDsTEA) – because of this, the scents usually aren’t so strong – so when I get an overwhelming smell of one of the teas, that’s typically a good indicator for me. This was one of those blends that just smelled intensely good; pure walnuts! And you’d hope so, right? The dry leaf is LITTERED with giant, whole walnut halves.

Now that it’s steeped up; it smells really nice – definitely walnut, maybe kind of “maple” like, and with aspects of something chocolatey. Even though none of those things are inherently related to it, I’m kind of reminded of Christmas. Hmmm…

Now that I’m drinking it; it is really good! VariaTEA knows my tastes so well; this really does perfectly capture the flavour of walnuts. Though is there really no chocolate in this? It’s not in the ingredients list, but man is it in the flavour. How peculiar. It almost reminds me of Tea Desire’s Oreo Cookie – but I think this is better. Also, echoing my ingredient confusion; there’s apple in this!? Totally doesn’t come through in the taste. Oh well; the walnut shines marvelously, and that’s really all that matters, right?

This is much better than the Walnut Orange I have from Tea Desire (which is what I was hoping); that blends captures the flavour of Walnut brilliantly too, but the orange completely and utterly detracts from it.

And now, I think I’m going to have a Vince Vaughn “Mini Marathon” and watch The Internship and Delivery Man – I’ve been dying to see them both for ages now.

Flavors: Chocolate, Nuts

VariaTEA

YAY!! I am glad you liked it. It is pretty tasty and I definitely got chocolate as well.

Comments

VariaTEA

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually three(ish) years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC trained Tea Sommelier!

My default for preparation is Western Style with zero additives (the exception being matcha which I drink in straight milk with no additives) so unless I mention otherwise you can assume that’s how I’ve prepared my tea!

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:

I’ve got four Tea Pets:

Two Pixiu Dragons named Zak and Wheezie, a monkey named Enzo, and a carp named Bergamot. If you see me writing about sharing tea with any of them that’s what I’m talking about ;)

I also have one real life pet:

A skinny pig hairless guinea pig named Eilert, after Henrik Ibsen’s play Hedda Gabler. He’s pretty chill, but a greedy little fella who’ll rip food right out of your hands. Sometimes he joins me for tea time even though he never gets to participate.

Currently I’m seasonally employed at DAVIDsTEA. While I’m still reviewing DAVIDsTEA blends I am no longer numerically rating them due to the obvious conflict of interest. Any tea blends you currently see with a numeric score that are from DAVIDsTEA were reviewed prior to my being hired there.

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Regina, SK, Canada