Rooibos Vanilla

Rooibos Tea
Vanilla, Wood, Honey
Edit tea info Last updated by Jillian

From Adagio Teas

According to the International Ice Cream Association, Vanilla is by far the most popular flavor, getting a full 23% of all ice cream consumption. Inspired by this love of vanilla, Adagio has created Vanilla Tea. Combining the delectable flavor of sweet vanilla beans and Rooibos herbal tea, I’ll scream, you’ll scream, we’ll all scream for… Vanilla tea! Naturally caffeine-free, so enjoy it anytime of the day!

About Adagio Teas View company

Meh. Maybe I didn’t steep this long enough? It just tastes like hot cigars. And if I want that I drink Tea Spot’s Red Rocks. I’m really disappointed in Adagio’s Rooibos Sampler. I’ll give this another shot with a longer, stronger steep and add some milk & sweetener.

190 °F / 87 °C 8 min or more

Great afternoon tea. Very vanilla!

Single cup, 2 raw sugar

Herbal TTB – Sadly this one is not for me. I was looking forward to the vanilla as an evening treat. It didn’t seem to be there for me.

I had a tea sachet of this that must have been a sample from Adagio. I was looking for something without caffeine to get me through the morning as I cheated on tea with some iced coffee this AM. (Coffee, you are such a fickle mistress!)

On to the tea: I would agree with the other reviewers that this has a pleasant woody- vanilla taste. I am very picky about vanilla and this one was not offensive in any way. In fact, it was perfectly enjoyable. Yum.

From the 2014 Herbal TTB, I accidentally steeped this for ten minutes, rather than five, due to a coworker, who would not stop talking, but…strong rooibos is good rooibos. Not overly sweet, and the vanilla merged with the rooibos wonderfully.

Flavors: Vanilla

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Herbal Traveling Tea box

Watching the Fifa USA vs. Ghana game.. Oh my lordy, talk about a head smash:O Glad they are starting to take head injuries a little bit more seriously. But those poor players, makes my head ache in empathy..

This tea is much like the game right now… just ehhh. It’s a bit too woodsy and a little less vanilla-y than I would have liked. Not a bad tea, just nothing to write home about.

Flavors: Vanilla, Wood

Boiling 5 min, 45 sec 2 g 4 OZ / 118 ML

From the Caffeine-Free/Decaf Traveling Tea Box.

This has a nice aroma – the scent of vanilla is always pleasurable. As for the flavor, the vanilla wasn’t as strong as I expected, but it is well-balanced with the rooibos.

Boiling 7 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

It truly is a sweet tea. Not sweet as in loaded with sugar, but rather, it has sweet over/undertones. Someone described it like a “tea cookie”, and I’d say that’s quite accurate. The rooibos is quite similar to a black tea in my opinion, with very little bitterness. But there are some incredible hints of brown sugar, vanilla, and molasses. As it cools down, the sweetness becomes even more evident. The fact that it’s decaffeinated makes it an incredible nighttime tea. Easily one of my favorites.

I’m kinda meh on this one for my first impression. The flavor is not as strong as I expected. I even used an extra half teaspoon of tea for my 8 oz. It tasted like a weak version of the rooibos almond. Not very unique.