Rooibos Vanilla

Rooibos Tea
Wood, Oak wood, Vanilla, Molasses, Cinnamon, Rooibos, Honey
Edit tea info Last updated by Jillian

From Adagio Teas

According to the International Ice Cream Association, Vanilla is by far the most popular flavor, getting a full 23% of all ice cream consumption. Inspired by this love of vanilla, Adagio has created Vanilla Tea. Combining the delectable flavor of sweet vanilla beans and Rooibos herbal tea, I’ll scream, you’ll scream, we’ll all scream for… Vanilla tea! Naturally caffeine-free, so enjoy it anytime of the day!

About Adagio Teas View company

Adagio Teas has become one of the most popular destinations for tea online. Its products are available online at and in many gourmet and health food stores.

Meh. Maybe I didn’t steep this long enough? It just tastes like hot cigars. And if I want that I drink Tea Spot’s Red Rocks. I’m really disappointed in Adagio’s Rooibos Sampler. I’ll give this another shot with a longer, stronger steep and add some milk & sweetener.

190 °F / 87 °C 8 min or more

Great afternoon tea. Very vanilla!

Single cup, 2 raw sugar

This is tolerable. It’s been sitting in my collection for so long and I just want to finish it up. I’ve made three cups of it today and it’s just not getting better. It’s woodsy and the vanilla is lacking.

Flavors: Wood

I like some of Adagio’s honeybush and green rooibos blends, but I think the only one of their rooibos blends I like is rooibos earl grey.

I’ve actually heard that before but when I ordered from Adagio last I was put off by the idea of mixing earl grey and rooibos. The only teas that I truly love from Adagio anymore are their flavored blacks but I’m out of their Chestnut Tea so when I get around to ordering more I’ll have to pick up a sample of the Rooibos Earl Grey as well. I’ve tried Tea Guys’ Earl Grey Rooibos and it’s just alright but the bergamot totally overpowers the rooibos so that was a let down in my book :/

Mmm just as delicious as the first time I made it! Even my wife said “it wasn’t horrible” and she hates any tea herbal or otherwise! Still reminds me of a molasses cookie hehe. {Note: I put this on the wrong brand. This was actually “Our Home Tea, Vanilla Rooibos”]

Flavors: Cinnamon, Molasses, Vanilla

5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Added 1t of sugar. The flavor on this tea is pretty mild and pleasant – I can taste the vanilla flavoring, but it isn’t terribly strong.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 5 tsp 32 OZ / 946 ML

Not for me. I’m not a straight vanilla in tea fan anyway so I had doubts I’d like this. It’s not the worst thing but not something I can keep drinking or will drink again.

The smell is slightly artificial but kind of pleasant. The taste is…well, not good for me since I don’t like vanilla teas. People who do like a Vanilla extract taste in their tea (which is what this seems like to me) should dig it.

It’s like blending a pleasant Roobios with a ¼ tsp. of Vanilla Extract.

Not my cup of tea.

Flavors: Rooibos, Vanilla

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more 1 tsp 5 OZ / 147 ML

Received this tea as a large sample from Adagio, so I thought I’d try a cup. Rooibos can be really hit-or-miss for me. I have to be in the right mood for it, especially with a non-spicy flavor like this one. Looks like tonight wasn’t a rooibos night… To me, red rooibos tastes kind of like a mixture of sweet cough syrup and wood/straw. That’s mostly what I smell and taste here. The vanilla is really subtle, even with sugar added. (The sugar did improve the flavor, though!) I had about half a cup of this, and it wasn’t undrinkable by any means, but I didn’t feel compelled to finish it.

I like blending Adagio’s teas, so I’ll experiment with the rest of this sample, see if I like it better with other flavors. But it’s not something I would buy to drink on its own. (That said, Adagio’s Vanilla Rooibos Chai is super tasty! I would recommend that rooibos over this one, especially to people like me who aren’t in love with rooibos.)

Herbal TTB – Sadly this one is not for me. I was looking forward to the vanilla as an evening treat. It didn’t seem to be there for me.

I had a tea sachet of this that must have been a sample from Adagio. I was looking for something without caffeine to get me through the morning as I cheated on tea with some iced coffee this AM. (Coffee, you are such a fickle mistress!)

On to the tea: I would agree with the other reviewers that this has a pleasant woody- vanilla taste. I am very picky about vanilla and this one was not offensive in any way. In fact, it was perfectly enjoyable. Yum.