No. 22, National Parks Dept.

Edit tea info Last updated by Fuzzy_Peachkin

• “So first off, this is one of the most unique teas that i've had the pleasure of opening up. *FuzzyPeachkin* sent some of this my way and i'm glad she did. First and foremost there are berries...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 5351 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown #52 This is another one sent to me from *Sil*, thanks! Not sure what to say about this one. I like the way the cedar aroma rises up into my nostrils, I've always loved the aroma of cedar....” Read full tasting note
    Terri HarpLady 3066 tasting notes
  • “I couldn't resist breaking into this tea after bringing it home from the tea meet-up! The base to this tea is strong, malty, and smoky in the way that I always imagined smoky teas to be, but never...” Read full tasting note
    fuzzy_peachkin 464 tasting notes
  • “Oh, I have this one! It's not labelled with this name, but that's OK. I think this name is way better than the old one. Anyways, it looks and smells super cool. I think it might be an assam base,...” Read full tasting note
    OMGsrsly 1613 tasting notes

From Bellocq Tea Atelier

Hand-crafted blend of full-bodied organic Indian and Chinese teas, juniper berries, cedar tips and wild flowers. National Parks ServiceTK embodies the rugged soulful beauty of uncultivated majestic forests, and is inspired by the perfection that is nature. Dark ancient woodlands, the quiet snap of fallen twigs underfoot, curls of woodsmoke entwined with resinous notes of pine and cedar. A blend to enjoy with Emerson under the stars. Earthy and reflective, the brew produces an amber-hued liquor with a lingering, mellow finish.

Ingredients:

Organic black tea, organic juniper berries, organic douglas fir tips, and organic blue cornflowers.

Brewing Instructions:

Quantity: 1 heaping teaspoon per 8 oz/250ml.

Water Temperature: 195ºF / 90ºC Bring fresh, cold spring water to a boil, remove from heat and set aside for 30 seconds to 1 minute; proceed.

Brewing Time: 4-6 minutes.

Infusions:2

About Bellocq Tea Atelier View company

So first off, this is one of the most unique teas that i’ve had the pleasure of opening up. FuzzyPeachkin sent some of this my way and i’m glad she did. First and foremost there are berries in here and ceder needles, which makes for an aroma reminiscent of hiking through the rockies as a kid.

Brewed as a black, this tea is very smooth and mellow with a slightly sweet taste hidden in among the cedar. I don’t get any smokiness from this like FuzzyP does – this is just a mellow brew that is much like drinking something that tastes the way cedar smells…but in a delicious way. I’m looking forward to drinking more of this.

Thank you FuzzyP for this unique tea :)

JacquelineM

Very intrigued!

JustJames

VERY cool….. i’ll have to look into this.

It’s neat…just that 3oz is a lot…:(

Sipdown #52
This is another one sent to me from Sil, thanks!
Not sure what to say about this one. I like the way the cedar aroma rises up into my nostrils, I’ve always loved the aroma of cedar. The tea is a little on the bright side for me, & I’m really craving something bassy & satisfying right now.

TeaBrat

this sounds so interesting!!!

i really enjoyed this one in how different it was…there are two from belloq i would gladly order again

I couldn’t resist breaking into this tea after bringing it home from the tea meet-up!
The base to this tea is strong, malty, and smoky in the way that I always imagined smoky teas to be, but never experienced before. The smokiness is warming and comforting, not obnoxious and overpowering like lapsong souchongs. The woody cedar and the deep, sweet juniper berries further mellow out the smoky aspect.
The pine in the aroma and aftertaste reminds me of summers in Maine! It’s so relaxing! I really like this blend. It really makes me want to try White Wolf, which has cedar in it, when it comes back in stock.

So jealous you guys got to participate in this!

Fuzzy_Peachkin

NYC definitely has its opportunities!

teamore

I loved that you used the new name.

Fuzzy_Peachkin

Lol! Well the new name is already on the Belloqc website, so I thought it would be a good choice to use the new name.

Oh, I have this one! It’s not labelled with this name, but that’s OK. I think this name is way better than the old one.

Anyways, it looks and smells super cool. I think it might be an assam base, as it smells SUPER malty. The juniper berries and tree bits should add an interesting flavour!

And it is interesting. It’s surprisingly sweet, and very malty. I can’t really tell there’s tree bits in here, but it’s really nice.

Would I get more? Maybe. I mean, I just did a tea count and am still rather overwhelmed. Maybe if I ever get down to 100?

I really want to pick some of these teas up someday….maybe if I get to 50 lol.

OMGsrsly

Yeah, I know what you mean! They’re quite expensive, but it looks like they’re selling 2.5 oz bags now which is nice.

ooohh