Pineapple Kona Pop!

Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by TheKesser

• “Hodie Hum...a little of this Teavana left to finish up and then it will be gone. Bah Humbug! Drats! Buggers (who says that? one of you says that?) I dunna like this tea! Schey fixed my haircolor...” Read full tasting note
    bonniejohnstone 673 tasting notes
  • “*Teavana:* (Skip to "The Tea" if you're familiar with Teavana, or just don't care to read about my first time at the vendor.) So it didn't really take me long to crack on the Teavana front. It's...” Read full tasting note
    Daniel_Scott 107 tasting notes
  • “soooo thanks to *fiddling* for this one. i have to say, not sure how people drink this one. After having some very nice pineapple oolongs recently, this is just a big ol' miss. Especially since...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4831 tasting notes
  • “I love pineapple but ehhhh, even with a little sweetener, this is still kind of gross. Like someone put something really weird in some pineapple juice. It's okay, it's helped me feel like calming...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1196 tasting notes

From Teavana

Taste the Hawaiian islands with bursts of tropical flavor from this exceptional herbal tisane. Lusciously golden and juicy pineapple combines perfectly with apple bits and fragrant blossoms abound. It’s ‘Ono, mikomiko’ (delicious)!

Ingredients: Apple pieces, candied pineapple pieces (pineapple, sugar), pineapple flavoring, rose blossom leaves, rosebuds, marigold blossoms, and orange blossoms.

About Teavana View company

I have to say this is probably one of my favorite herbals. I found out that the recommended 1.5 tsp per cup of water was a bit strong.. So we went with the regular 1 tsp. and it was PERFECT!! This also makes great popsicles and iced tea for the summer. :D

Ok, so I neglected to have tea until late at night and decided I didn’t want to be up until 3 am and put on a pot of this tisane. It smelled really good, but it was too tart for my taste, but I don’t hate it. I may try it again with a bit of sugar.

I have been on the bean lately, because of school and work. Sign, tragic, how much i missed my tea!
I’m about to enjoy a humongous cup of pineapple kona pop with a little german rock sugar! the sweetness of the sugar really pulls the pineapple out!

can’t rate this tea because i didn’t have it alone. teavana gave me a sample with it blended with blueberry bliss, sweetened and then chilled. it was so good!

Had a take away hot cup of this while in buffalo this weekend to see what teavana was about before I saw it in Canada. One thing I hated was that’s had to wait for it to steep before I could take the cup. At David’s, they put it in a tea bag that way I can walk around with it while shopping in store or the mall in general. At teavana I had to choose a tea, pay and wait for the tea to steep while my family waited for at least 10 minutes while I could get a cup.

Back to the tea. Holy flavour! Crazy flavorful but I would say that not all of it was good. I can see where it would be better iced but hot wasn’t bad. So well see how it goes when they come to Canada. I was very surprised with how expensive the tea was and how big their tins were.

I bought this a while ago and tasted it then, was disappointed and shoved it to the back of my tea cupboard. It’s summer now, so I figured I’d give this fruity blend another shot. Alas, it’s still pretty much as I remember it.

I was expecting something a bit fruitier, and the salesperson seemed to realize this tea wouldn’t cut it, as she kept trying to insist I buy something to blend it with. But… I don’t like buying a whole 2 oz of a tea just to end up mixing it with a whole other 2 oz of another.

This tastes more like very faint unripened pineapple water. It sort of reminds me of those places that take the pineapple rind and stick it in water, particularly because this is not sweet at all. Going to find someone else who’ll love this…

Thanks Mitch for the sample of this. Ah… I like this. I’m tasting mostly bright, juicy apple ,with muted pineapple flavors, with some floral traces as well. I’m a little disappointed with the fact that the pineapple isn’t as bold as I wanted and this is tasting just a LITTLE too similar to apple juice, but this IS good. Not great, but good. I’d drink it again.

This is my favourite tea by Teavana (for now!!!). My friend bought it in Boston cause we don’t have Teavana’s in Quebec.
I like to drink it as a iced tea, the taste is very sweet, i can drink it instead of a very sweet and caloric juice. Indeed, you got to love pineapples! That tea makes me feel as i was in Hawaii! haha! :)
Even if the steeping instructions are 5-7 minutes, i steep it 8 minutes and more so the taste is stronger.

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more

I’m not much of an herbal tea fan, but I was requested to serve this at a weekly gaming night with my pals. My review of it is a tart tea with a nice pineapple finish. Most of the group agreed, save for one guy who tried LS once and equates that to all teas, poor soul.

This tea stands on its own about like the Berlin wall does nowadays: The flavour is scattered to and fro, and oft hidden in unlikely places. This is a great tea when surrounded by context, however. I infuse it with White Ayurvedic Chai and Snow Geisha; the pineapple is focused with the cinnamon from the chai, with a cherry aftertaste reminiscent of the subtle cherry topping on a pineapple upside-down cake.

Happy Sipdown (151/158)!

I wanted to give this a fair shot despite finding it so revolting in every way I’ve tried it thus far. And, I have to admit, I was hoping that maybe being sick and not tasting very well would make it more passable. Not the case.

I have figured out exactly what it reminds me of though! It’s great being able to put a description to the disgusting flavour you’re experiencing, right? Well this one is “musty old attic and rotten fruit”. Sip on that? No thanks.

Happy to be done with this one. We’re not friends.

Cheri

That just sounds plain old awful. Ugh.

Terri HarpLady

LOL, one of my sons picked this one out at Teavana a long time ago, & even as a cold brew it was pretty detestable.