One of my purchased teas from momo and one that I am looking forward to trying. My current tea cravings are for anything strong and dark and this has been saved for such an occasion.

The oolong balls are dark brown/black with a few balls having stemmed tips. They are very tightly rolled and are mostly only a few mm in diameter. They have a thick burnt wood aroma with a hint of fermented fruit and chestnut.

Brewing 7g with my Gongfu teapot for three steeps.

First Steep – One Minute – Tea is yellow in colour with a rich, fire roasted and chestnut aroma. In a sense it reminds me of roasting chestnuts on an open fire that I have done once before many years ago, the smell is very similar.

Taste is not as robust as the scent. It offers roasted, nutty, floral, buttery and sweet notes in one smooth and refreshing hue.

Steep Two – Two Minutes – A little deeper in strength but still at the perfect lightness to remain refreshing. It’s less like chestnut now but there is a touch still there in the after taste. Also going to mention that it’s not too dry either as some roasted Oolongs can be.

Steep Three – Three Minutes – The balls have completely opened up to reveal dark green, long and very curly/crinkly leaves that have no discolouration or breakages. In other words the leaves are in tip top condition and quality.

In flavour all that remains is a subtle roasted, smoky and floral soup that cleanses my mouth with the perfect goodbye parting as it greets my lips. The perfect end to the perfect oolong (for my mood).

I have tried tea from The Mountain Tea Co before and in both cases I have been impressed with the quality and essence of their teas. This is something I’m happy I purchased and my husband also agreed, takes a special tea for him to like it so.

195 °F / 90 °C

I adore cats and have four of my own called Honey, Cassie, Mr Soots and Ivory.

I also enjoy watching Japanese Anime and horror films.

Dislikes: Licorice, aniseed, clove, eucalyptus, lavender.

Leicester, England, United Kingdom