Detox (organic)

Green Tea
Ginger, Gingko, Juniper, Lemongrass, Natural Lemon Flavor, Organic Rooibos, Sencha
Blackberry, Cut grass, Lemongrass, Ginger, Herbs, Rooibos, Spicy, Green Wood, Lemon, Mint, Lemon Zest, Wood
Fair Trade, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

Restart and restore

Need a system reboot? Got a new years resolution to live up to? Try this tasty blend of traditional ingredients, like rooibos, sencha, ginger, ginkgo, lemongrass, and juniper berries. Trust us, even buying it will make you feel like a new person. Not working? Just go back to bed. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Organic: Fair Trade Certified rooibos, sencha green tea, lemongrass, ginger, juniper berries, ginkgo. With natural lemon flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Second steep of today’s leaves just as strong (?). Third steep I think there’s still some flavour in there but I’d really need some of the first and second steeps to compare, and I drank ’em all up already.

Definitely worth one resteep to get the most out of this blend as you can.

P.S. the burger was delicious.

Why is this so disgusting?? it is made up of all components I like…. Rooibos, good, sencha, wonderful, ginger and all the others awesome!
It tastes like cleaner. Like spray bathroom cleaner.
It’s astringent, but not like the usual ginger astringency.
It tastes foul.

I seriously do not understand why!

Boiling 1 tsp 20 OZ / 600 ML

Thought I would hate the taste of this tea- as Detox doesn’t suggest anything delicious. I’m not a big lemon fan and though the lemongrass in this is pretty strong— it’s not totally overpowering. My first ever cup of this a week or so ago was ‘meh’ take it or leave it. I’ve sweeteened it with some natural agave nectar but something with some more flavour might help make it a little better.

Drank a large cup this morning and brought my Bodum press full with me to work this morning- drinking it largely in hopes that the ginger would calm my upset stomach. It definitely helped there and after drinking that much in so little time…well it definitely…cleaned me out.

I have a little stackable tin of this and would replace it but I doubt I’d ever buy a full tin.

This tea is letting me think those Mallomars were okay to indulge on. A detox is much needed, and I think this will do. Not very strong, which isn’t surprising for DAVIDsTEA, but the ginger is definitely there, mmmm

Detox is great! I tried it in the store, when it was one of the teas of the day. I want to buy more of this tea really soon! it tastes wonderful, a very clean taste, very fruity and citrus-y at the same time :)

I’ve heard from others that it cleared their faces and and enhanced their states of mind :P So I am yet to experience this when I go buy some and drink as much as my heart desires!

Wow! This tea makes for the most enjoyable detox ever. Really, really enjoyed the rooibos and subtle ginger tastes. My whole family loves it. Thanks DAVIDsTEA!

great tea for constipation

I just bought this yesterday. The smell is strange!!! I don’t know how to describe it…kind of spicy, almost something you would expect on a spice rack. I wanted to try it as it was a detox tea, hoping for a little pick me up. The smell before and after are completely different so don’t be put off by the initial smell of the tea leaves. It tastes quite nice, I was quite surprized.

Wow, this smelled wayyyy better in the store! When I get home, I always like to smell my teas. I find it funny how they always smell so different than when they are in the store. Anyway, from the smell of this tea, I could already detect a bitter note aswell as a lighter, lemony taste from the lemon grass. Those flavours really do come through in the tea once it is steeped but I have yet to decide whether or not this is a good thing…This is one that I can’t picture myself wanting to drink all the time but, as the tea did claim, it definetely gave me a bit of a pick-me-up! I felt really fresh once I was done my cup…I can definetely see why they chose to name it detox. For this rating, please note that I am ONLY marking it on taste.

Organic Detox is one of my favourite teas. Right away when you open the canister you can smell the strong aroma. The tea itself is a golden / brown colour when it’s steeped, nothing too exciting.

The lemongrass and natural lemon flavouring is the most noticeable when tasting, though certainly not overwhelming. The juniper berries and and ginger add to the complexity too, making it very tasty. It’s certainly not a sweet tasting tea if that’s what you’re looking for.

Something interesting to note about Detox is that it does in fact make you feel better! I always drink it when I’m feeling a little bit sick or just a little gross after an unhealthy meal, and it makes me feel much better. When I bought it, the lady working at Davids Tea told me that it’s good for hangovers, and after some testing, I can confirm this!