Shamrocks & Shenanigans

Chocolate, Grass
Edit tea info Last updated by Alphakitty

• “I really shouldn't be on here right now, but I need to shout out how much I'm enjoying this tea. I burned through half the 1 oz. bag in the past few days. The dry leaf smells heavenly. Creamy...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 757 tasting notes
  • “So it's ridiculous weather here. Now they actually have been closing major roads, massive multi car pile up on the main highway...I am hiding inside with tea. This one seems perfect for this crazy...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 821 tasting notes
  • “Full review on http://sororiteasisters.com/ on the 21st of March but here are snippits: Gad if only I had not just eaten two HUGE jalapenos with peanut butter! I could surely enjoy Shamrocks...” Read full tasting note
    azzrian 807 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown! Back to 800 :D Thanks *whatshesaid* for sending me a sample of this tea that I had missed out on. (The rest is off to Sil at some point.) This tea smells much like Anti V-Day Treat to...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2221 tasting notes

From Della Terra Teas

Top o’ the mornin’ to ya! It’s almost St. Patrick’s Day! Celebrate with our take on a delicious St. Pats Tea! Shamrocks for luck, and shenanigans for being an ornary little Leprechaun. Have fun! We have blended delicious, creamy vanilla mint with dark chocolate. An absolute treat.

Ingredients: Black tea, chocolate flavoring and bits, vanilla bits and flavoring, mint leaf and shamrock sprinkles

About Della Terra Teas View company

I really shouldn’t be on here right now, but I need to shout out how much I’m enjoying this tea. I burned through half the 1 oz. bag in the past few days.

The dry leaf smells heavenly. Creamy vanilla mint. It’s more like white chocolate than dark or milk. Like these little guys but mintier:

As for the taste, it’s creamy cocoa butter vanilla mint. Definitely different than Swiss Mountain. The base is really light and doesn’t get in the way, which I kind of like since I’m looking to taste the vanilla/white chocolate and mint anyway.

I was bad and just ordered 100g of this, amongst other things, using DTT’s 30% off code.

i can feel my resolve weakening…

Tealizzy

I saw the discount code too! Must…not…buy…more…tea! Oh, what the hell. ;)

Azzrian

I am going to steep some up. :)

Fjellrev

Oh noes, only four 1 oz. bags are left and the rest of the sizes are sold out. The time is ticking.

One thing I’ve noticed is this company is very generous with sales. Granted, that may just be their strategy to lure people in, but whatever, everyone wins in the end.

Tealizzy

So, I didn’t do it, because I was lured to try a new company! Della Terra will have to wait…;)

Fjellrev

That’s a bold move, really. I’m bad at getting stuck at ordering over and over again from the same company. Took me forever to try DTT as it is. Which company did you order from?

Tealizzy

sTeap shoppe. Had to get the cinnamon swirl bread tea!

Fjellrev

Oooh, I’m sure it’ll be a good choice. :)

whatshesaid

I also love this, I ordered some more.

TheTeaFairy

I ordered based on your review :-)

Aww yay, hope you’ll enjoy! Otherwise I’d feel bad if you didn’t like it. :p

TheTeaFairy

Incendiare: no worries, I received my order and I love it :-)

So it’s ridiculous weather here. Now they actually have been closing major roads, massive multi car pile up on the main highway…I am hiding inside with tea. This one seems perfect for this crazy spring snow day. Creamy, sweet, warm, comfort. Delicious. I’m hoping that they cancel classes tomorrow :D I could get so much work done and drink so much tea! See previous notes :)

jessiwrites

You must live relatively close to where I am… the highway just opened back up this afternoon after being closed all night. So ugly out there!

MissLena

Lol actually not too close, I’m in Edmonton, but this storm reaches all the way to you, I checked out the weather map, I hope it lets up soon, roads are just terrible, had to pretty much dig my vehicle out of the parking lot this afternoon!

jessiwrites

Oh, that is quite a distance. Man, crazy storm! I haven’t had to go anywhere today, working from home, but last night was a bit scary. I hope your classes are cancelled tomorrow!

MissLena

Luckily I took the train to classes today, but I had to go to my grad photos later this afternoon so we drove..messy out there! Fingers crossed I don’t have classes tomorrow lol

Rachel J

Man… These are the times I’m glad I live in New York, though every election cycle I seriously contemplate moving to Canada!

MissLena

Haha trust me, you do not want this crazy weather ever haha :P

Gad if only I had not just eaten two HUGE jalapenos with peanut butter! I could surely enjoy Shamrocks and Shenanigans from Della Terra Teas even more! However knowing that I did just eat those devil jalapenos and knowing I can still taste this delicious tea – you know it must be really very good!

As I sip on this tea longer the burn from the jalapenos is subsiding and I am tasting more of the chocolate note, where before I was picking up more on the vanilla. This is a mild flavored tea which is comforting and sweet, but not overly so. I really like the chocolate note as it tastes very natural due to the use of cocoa nibs.

So points for a good chocolate note, points for a lovely vanilla note, points for it not being overdone on the mint, and points for a good base that I can taste but allows the flavors to do their work since the flavors are somewhat relaxed and mellow.

K S

Jalepenos and peanut butter? In what weird alternate universe did it occur to you to put them together? I can’t imagine the flavor mix but absolutely know if I ever find the two in the same room together I will have to try it and find out.

I second that!

Azzrian

LOL Yeah it does seem odd I know. I think it may have been my ex mother in law, or a party at some point but I remember them being served and they were SO good. I now crave them a few times a year. They really are good together. Its not gourmet food or anything lol but the peanut butter tones down the jalapeno. I mean if you think of it a lot of Thai food has but and spice together.
Right?

K S

So do you stuff the peppers? The more I think about it the more I am intrigued.

Azzrian

Yes just cut the pepper in half length wise, clean out seeds and white stuff, then fill with peanut butter :) Eat.

K S

having never heard of this, I was amazed at the number variations by Googling. My personal favorite had the peppers wrapped in bacon. Awesome – must try. Thanks :)

Marcel Duchamp

I like creams cheese and peppers… I am interested in this peanut butter talk as well. I’ve used peanut butter in soups before that have peppers in it, as a thickening agent.

Sipdown! Back to 800 :D Thanks whatshesaid for sending me a sample of this tea that I had missed out on. (The rest is off to Sil at some point.)

This tea smells much like Anti V-Day Treat to me, and unsurprisingly, the taste is quite similar. If not identical. Pretty much a straightforward vanilla/chocolate/mint blend that’s light on the black tea base (but not too light), and creamy/minty/sweet. I did quite enjoy AVT so enjoy this one as well, though I’m not a huge fan of nearly identical blends being released with only a change in the name and sprinkle shapes/colours.

Either way, I wanted to try this one regardless, and now I have, haha. Mission accomplished! Thanks for making it happen, whatshesaid!

ETA: IMO this doesn’t re-steep as well as Anti V-Day Treat. Either that or I underleafed this cup a bit. Still worth it, but not as good.

hahaha

Cavocorax

Good to know I didn’t miss anything by not ordering that one!

Creamy, minty, vanilla goodness. Still not getting as much chocolate flavor as I would like, but still a good tea.

I was wondering how this one was any different from Swiss Mountain, and I realize now it has vanilla too. Duh. I should have also figured out they were slightly different when I added milk and it didn’t taste like thin mints.

This one’s also a bit sweeter on its own because of the shamrock sprinkles, which of course did not fully melt because why would I be so lucky as to have that happen, and thankfully my finger is not still green from infuser cleaning.

This one is creamier than Swiss Mountain, and the creamy notes are definitely boosted by adding milk. Chocolate kind of takes a back seat to the vanilla and the mint, though it’s still there.

I prefer the other one, but this is festive for the time being, and just different enough that if I’m looking for something with less chocolate and more cream, it’d be the right choice.

yummy tea!!

i’m a little irish on my dad’s side. so i can drink this all year round right?!

i just registered for this year’s 50k. check that off the list. also i’m leaving for europe in 4 days and i don’t think i’ll be able to sleep until then. (commence project: ‘cutting down on caffeine’ now)

Starfevre

what does a 50k entail?

Shmiracles

50k is 31 miles in length. a marathon is 26.2 miles, so it’s longer and definitely more difficult. most of the battle happens in your mind. and pacing becomes even more important the further you go.
(the next goal would be 50 miles, but the jump from 26 to 31, is much smaller than the jump from 31 to 50. so i don’t think that’s gonna happen. nope.)

OMGsrsly

50k!! GO YOU! :D

Starfevre

Good grief, you must be in fantastic shape. I’m a walker not a runner so marathons (and 50ks) are beyond me.

Wow! 50k! Good luck!!

Crap, this is really good.

I feel like I’m about to break my first love’s heart but I gotta do it – this is better than Davidstea’s Read My Lips.

There, I said it.

The other day I drank some Swiss Mountain (also Della Terra) that I received in a swap (didn’t review it yet), and I was pretty meh about it. I thought to myself “Self, you never have to buy this because Read My Lips is way better!” In reality they’re probably pretty similar, I will have to compare. Anyway, so then I ordered an oz of this.

When I got it yesterday I thought to myself “Self, why did you order this? It’s probably really similar to Read My Lips and you already love Read My Lips so what were you thinking??”

Then I re-read the description which includes the words “Vanilla Mint” and I was like OH YEAH, THAT’S WHY.

So, I was doing the sniff test last night, between this and Read My Lips (Swiss Mountain is at work), and this smells WAY creamier thanks to the vanilla. I had to make a cup of this before bed because I couldn’t wait to try it. I’m drinking it again but it’s not really a re-steep because I added a bunch more leaves since the mug I have is twice the size of the dainty little frou frou one I used last night.

I might have to buy more. It TASTES almost like a Shamrock Shake. You know, the sweet green chemical concoction that McDonald’s releases every year around this time? Except obviously better. The balance between all the flavours seems pretty spot on. I need it to cool down a bit but it’s already great.

I am really pleased with this. I’m all over vanilla and therefore the addition of such means Read My Lips has been bumped. Sorry old friend!

jessiwrites

Have you had Santa’s Secret? I am curious how these would compare. I love Santa’s Secret.

whatshesaid

I LOVE Santa’s Secret, it’s one of my faves! I will have to compare. I can’t remember if there’s chocolate in that one though, I don’t think so!

jessiwrites

No, there is no chocolate in Santa’s Secret, it’s just mint and vanilla, I believe. But I very much dislike Read My Lips, so I’m just wondering which one this is more similar to. :P

whatshesaid

ohh I see. You can definitely taste the chocolate in this! It’s probably a cross between Read My Lips and Santa’s Secret. Depends what you hate about RML I suppose!

Alphakitty

I feel like once I get my ounce of this (which is waiting patiently at my parents’ house) I am going to have to make a Shamrock Shake with it. Steel your milk with this tea, add in some ice cream… yummm

Fjellrev

Good to know! I ordered both this and Swiss Mountain in my last order but only tried the latter so far. I like it but yeah, basically RML.

one of the first teas i feel in love with when i was a tea newb was Read my Lips. Discovered The Persimmon Tree’s mint chocolate which was similar, as well as a few others. a few months later after trying teas from everywhere but david’s tea, went back to Read my lips and now i don’t like it lol. Funny how tastebuds and preferences change. it’s great!

whatshesaid

Funny how that works! I’m the same way, on one hand it’s a bit sad but cool to know my tastes are expanding accordingly )

Backlog. After completing some stressful housing things I opted to have this with Baileys Irish Cream. That means I didn’t get the chance to pick up on the subtleties of the vanilla, but it it was a good comfort drink. It didn’t seem quite as sweet as some of the other chocolate mint teas I’ve tried either.

Thanks, Incendaire!

Fjellrev

That sounds tasty! If you ever want more, just let me know. :)

And that’s why this is my favourite chocolate mint tea so far, because it’s not as sweet as others. Read Me Lips has that artificially sweet chocolate note that kind of gets to you after a while.

So I over caffeinated the other day in my attempt to keep my caffeine levels relatively stable to stay up late and work on a presentation. However, the delicate caffeine balancing act went awry and for the last 2 days I’ve steered clear of my morning Guayusa and Copabanana.

I have all day to work on a presentation and study for exams so I’m starting my day off with this lovely tea. I’m always a little wary of mint teas, butI like to give every tea a chance. After White Christmas yesterday, mint teas are really looking up :)

This is so creamy and chocolate minty. But it works so well! The mint and chocolate balance each other in the mint isn’t so in-your-face and the chocolate isn’t sickeningly sweet. Then there’s an awesome creaminess. That must be from the vanilla. Considering this tea is made of things I’m usually not fond of and generally avoid – it’s pretty delicious!

This held up well to a resteep :)

Thanks jessiwrites!

jessiwrites

I am going to convert you into a lover of mint teas. Mwahahahaha!