drank La Naissance by Fauchon

T&C TTB Tea #2 Backlog May 23

Oh man. I loved loved loved this tea. It was my very first Fauchon tea, and it may have created a monster.

I didn’t know what to expect, but when I smelled the dry leaves it was like freshly baked bread, hot out of the oven! Weird.

3-4 minutes at 96 degrees.

It brewed up to a medium dark amber color, and smelled faintly of roses, and vaguely fruity. The bready note wasn’t as apparent.

The taste – awesome. No…. AWESOME. Almonds! Softly of roses, in a non-overwhelmingly floral way. I’ve never had marzipan before but I bet I’d love it!

This tea, is a must buy.
Gah.

Me too. Can’t buy it anywhere :( cries

Nicole

Rue La La has had at least two Fauchon sales that I know of. Don’t know if you guys in Canada can use Rue La La or not. Their occasional tea offerings are why I keep track of them. :)

Cameron B.

I’ve been stalking Vente-Privee, waiting for them to have this brand so I can TRY THEM ALL!

Stephanie

They’re all pretty flowery. FYI, since some people are opposed to that. I’ll check out Rue La La, thx

Courtney

When I went on my hunt for L’Automne, I did see a tin or two of this one at at least one of the Winner’s I checked.

Stephanie

What’s a Winner’s? Oh is it a canada thing? Crap.

whatshesaid

I checked Homesense the other day to no avail, I will have to try winners just in case! Though Homesense had a ton of tea and coffee , no brands I recognized.

OMGsrsly

I haven’t seen it in Winners again. I remain hopeful, though. If I see some I’ll get you a tin!

Courtney

Yes, the ones I found were at the Homesense/Winner’s store too. There is a US equivalent Stephanie – I think it’s maybe TJ Maxx’s?

TJ maxx, I do have that!

Amariel

I wish this one didn’t have the roses, because they give me headaches. There was not much in it, so I didn’t get that bad of one, but I did. Sadly.

Marzipan

Of course you love marzipan! :D

I will have to keep my eyes open for this tea! Must have…..gah

Comments

Stephanie

Me too. Can’t buy it anywhere :( cries

Nicole

Cameron B.

Stephanie

What’s a Winner’s? Oh is it a canada thing? Crap.

OMGsrsly

TJ maxx, I do have that!

Amariel

Marzipan

Of course you love marzipan! :D

I will have to keep my eyes open for this tea! Must have…..gah

Hello!

Some favourites -

I would like to try any Taiwanese Assams that exist in the world!

Also continuously on the hunt for Fauchon – La Naissance.

When I rate, it goes like this:

85 -100 = WIN! awesome, I love this and keep it on hand
70 – 85 = pretty darn good but I don’t NEED to own it
55 – 70 = not necessarily terrible but not a tea for me!

New Brunswick, Canada