Birthday Cake

Herbal Tea
Butter, Cake, Marshmallow, Sweet, Vanilla, Frosting, Spices, Cream, Powdered sugar
Edit tea info Last updated by Tea Pet

Available from 1 seller.

2 Images

• “After Stacy shared earlier today that we can order more from her in larger quantities, I decided to break out the hoarded stash of this tonight. Just as delicious as before! Even more so, perhaps. ” Read full tasting note
    MissB_Tea 1114 tasting notes
  • “So I can see where this blend is going, trying to be all mild and vanill-y and delicate, but it's too delicate for me. At the end of the night I want something stronger before bed. I'm not too...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1691 tasting notes
  • “So final verdict on this one? I don't want it. Not, i don't like it because i DO like the flavouring but to me this is really just creamy eggnog without the bits that make it creamy eggnog. IE....” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4923 tasting notes
  • “Om nom nom. Tea. And it's my birthday, happy birthday to me. The other teas I had today were matcha macaron with white chocolate too-soft-ganache at breakfast, and a green tea latte at sbux....” Read full tasting note
    OMGsrsly 1457 tasting notes

From Butiki Teas

We paired our naturally lightly sweet Organic Marshmallow Leaf base with creamy cake and frosting flavors. With a little bit of sugar, this herbal transforms into a rich vanilla frosting and decadent cake flavor. Naturally caffeine-free, this herbal is smooth with a weighty mouth feel that is perfect for a late night treat. Please research all precautions before consuming any herbal tisane.

Ingredients: Organic Marshmallow Leaf, Safflower, Organic Cornflowers, Organic Calendula, Organic Natural Flavorings (vegan)

Recommended Brew Time: 5 minutes
Recommended Amount: 1 1/2 teaspoons of Birthday Cake for 8oz of water
Recommended Temperature: 212 F (boiling)

For more information, please visit http://www.butikiteas.com

About Butiki Teas View company

1928 tasting notes

Ok, actually legitimately my last tea of the night.

Yup; still no regrets about buying this one. It’s so interesting, and soft yet full of rich vanilla cake-y flavour! I made it in my glass perfect mug and it was so pretty. Yeah, not much to add other than if you haven’t had this one before and you like fluffy vanilla teas that are safe for late night consumption then you should totes mcgoats buy this one.

Totes McGoats.

Flavors: Cake, Vanilla

VariaTEA

I am so glad you like this one :)

Cavocorax

I want to name my next cat Totes McGoats.

Aside from the legendary Laoshan Black this is probably the best tea I’ve had via a tea swap yet! Thanks MissB! I’ve never had marshmallow leaf before so I have nothing to compare it to, but it was a great cuppa tea! For me it wasn’t so much birthday cake as cake batter, especially given how smooth it was and the slight vegetable oil aftertaste I was left with. It’s interesting just how different this birthday cake tea is from adagios, seeing how thy go after different notes. I think I prefer this one! Certainly a dessert tea, a nice counterpoint to the serious Darjeeling I started the day off with. While not something I would drink every day, it is a nice change of pace tea or a treat when you need one!

MissB

Oh, fantastic! So glad you enjoyed this one. It’s one of my ‘treat’ favorites too, and is now back on Butiki’s website for all to order.

This really does taste like frosting, or a glaze. It’s got that distinct powdered sugar taste, mingled with a sweet creamy vanilla. I can sort of taste a fluffy marshmallowness to it as well, which in assuming is coming from the marshmallow leaf. There’s also a cake batter like taste and mouth feel to it, though it’s less prominent than the icing taste.

A few people mention that this is very thin, but I’m actually surprised by how almost heavy this is considering it’s pretty much all petals ad flavors. And I was also able to get two steeps out of it, one 5 minute and a 10 minute resteep. I can definitely see myself reaching more this when I have a late night sweet tooth!

Boiling 5 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
Ost

That sounds amazing! I can’t wait to try it!

Mandy

I think you’ll like it (:

Ost

Well I got my order now, So I’ll try it soon. ^^

Thanks to Scheherazade for this sample!

Even though Butiki discontinued this before I could try it, I still wanted to sample it to see what I was missing.

This was pretty flavourless, but easy to chug back. It was like slightly sweet water. Maybe it has lost some flavour since it’s been discontinued for some time now…. but I’m glad I got to try it!

Scheherazade

I think a longer brew time helps, and plenty of leaf as it’s quite light and fluffy. I didn’t get my first cup right, but I’ve got a lot more from it since.

Great Canadian Travelling Tea Box (pt.1)
I had this tea on Jan 29th

Dry Leaf: This herbal tisane is a wonderful burst of colors. The leaves apparently, I found out, are marshmallow leaves. The tea is sprinkled with blue, green, red, and is so wonderful to look upon. The red safflowers are gorgeous and have a sweet, flowery scent.

Steeped: The water is a nice and bright yellow. I didn’t really notice a scent, except for some subtle scents of mint. The taste of the tea also seemed to be minty, as well as a lemon-y and vanilla taste. I wouldn’t say that this tea tasted like birthday cake, but it was still a good tea to have tried.

First cup! This is such a pretty tea, with its soft green leaves and yellow, blue and red flowers. Gorgeous! Just looking at it makes me think of balloons and birthdays. This was my last cup of the evening, so I was looking for a light, delicate, herbal tea. This fit the bill perfectly. I followed the recommended steeping guidelines for my first cup — 5 minutes in boiling water, with about 1.5 tsp of leaf.

This tea does have a very delicate flavour, but it’s there. I can taste mostly vanilla, a slight creaminess…it is very much like traditional vanilla-sponge birthday cake. I only have a small bag of this, so it’s one I’m going to have to savour at least a little bit. It’s totally yummy.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp

I received this as a sample in my order. Thank you Stacy!

My first impression of this tea: It’s quite pleasant! Very mild, vanilla-ey, and sweet without needing to add anything. However, after adding a touch of honey, a bit more of that ‘cake’ flavour does come out. I do find it’s a little too mild for my tastes. I’m not sure I would ever crave this one, but I’m glad I got a chance to try it nonetheless! :)